Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:09:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My new trading strategy, what's yours?  (Read 677 times)
cybersofts (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:12:07 PM
Merited by yanto@1977 (1)

Buying and holding coins is not as profitable as it was used to be.
Thus, I decided to be working and investing in promising ICOs.
Once the ICO is over I normally sell all the coins/tokens.

I recently discovered, few weeks after the ICO the value of coins/tokens normally drop by a minimum of 30% - so that is my entry level again.
Meaning once I noticed that, I'll just go ahead and rebuy the same coins/tokens at cheaper rates. By doing that, I can make lots of profits.
Share with us what you think about my latest strategy, thanks Smiley

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 05:01:57 PM

I recently discovered, few weeks after the ICO the value of coins/tokens normally drop by a minimum of 30% - so that is my entry level again.
Meaning once I noticed that, I'll just go ahead and rebuy the same coins/tokens at cheaper rates. By doing that, I can make lots of profits.

Yes you are almost right and the trading technique which you are referring is something we called positive averaging and yes it's a good technique but you should be using it with strict stop loss because while buying when the coin is dropped minimum of 30% is not a good idea for short term trading it can be used in investing because there in investing you have time period in hands where you can hold for few months but here in trading you can't hold if the prices goes on decreasing along with valuation which is all because of change in trend and momentum.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:09:32 PM

Seems like a good strategy, but it might not always work. the token you buy might keep on going up and never drop. what's your plan if it happens?
i still believe hodling will give good profit over time, buy and hodl is a good strategy(at least it is to me).
Potatohead

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:17:36 PM

Actually it is really profitable to invest in ICOs because you can take advantage of their promos. However, not all ICOs are legit and successful even after successful ICOs. For a project to be successful after ICO, it should have a team who is continuously developing the project and actively marketing the project. 
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:22:53 PM

Common strategy but yet its effective because we can do secure out profits once coins being listed on exchanges and do already gained some value. If we are on investors side then we would normally think off on securing our profits no matter how small it is as long we do gain then it should be fine.Coin prices do normally dump out when its newly listed because these times are profit taking times together with bounty dumpers then these kind of scene do normally happen.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:21:28 PM

Good luck with the coin you trust! my advice for ico is better half of capital completely. so you have 2 chances if you choose the wrong ico.
and for my strategy. i am only take advantage of pricing differences that I compare with some exchange with my local exchange.
quite safe and fun.
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:37:03 AM

There are so many good ICOs this month, very promising if you have the courage to invest.
my doubt is, some ICO come with great achievement but roadmap is not running. Coins fall and are worthless, it may take 5 months to get back to normal. how to survive in this situation?

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:05:24 AM

In 2018 I will focus on ICO projects. So now I have bought a lot of ETH and NEO to prepare ICO projects on ETH and NEO platforms. The altcoin after the completion of the ICO and listed on the trade pages are very strong increase so ICO investment is very much interested, I think this is a long-term investment and stability.
Fennishlassy@gmail.com

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:13:25 AM

I'm lazy so I get my picks from a Telegram group (at bottom of post) that hands out leaks from Palm Beach Confidential.  Its been been profitable for me so far Smiley
This month's pick was CND and I've made almost double on that.
Although I totally respect the ICO arbitrage strategy.

-

-

@charteroakpublic
triciaa478

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:56:46 AM

I have taught of this trading strategy and I think it will be profitable too. The time an ICO ends to the time the token get listed on an exchange is the best entry point. At this point token holders especially those that participated in ICO bounty campaigns will be willing to sell it below market price, this mass selling reduces the price of the coins far below the price it was trading during the ICO. The exit point is to wait patiently for the project to become a success and you can sell for more than 1000x profit.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:09:44 AM

Though there is a risk that the developers would run away with your money after the ICO, it is still profitable if the developers continue with the project actively promoting it, working and innovating it and getting listed on exchanges. Usually, price will dump upon listing and after the distribution of bounties because some bounty hunters would sell their coin so when the price goes down the ICO price and as what you say minimum of 30% then it would be a good buy then. Those who bought at ICO may sold their coins already even if it is just equal to ICO price or double of it because most of the time there are bonuses so it is profit on their part already. Your strategy is good so I am thinking of doing the same as well.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:04:52 PM

There are number of things which play a vital role at the time of deciding your trading strategy as trading is not at all an easy thing to do. You really need to use your mind and learning in the best possible manner, only then you will be able to do the things in a right way. My only trading strategy is to wait for the right time before either buying of any of the coin or selling of any of the coin. Do not hustle and try to keep control over your nerves.
Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:34:44 PM

Indeed it is a good strategy but buy selling all your coins just after the ico ends is not that wise. Like if the project is really promising then the coins price might definitely rise after some time so getting just around 30% is not as good as compared to the profit you might get after holding but surely it is a quick way of making profits.
MaoNgu99

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:00:08 PM

The most important thing is your ico is pure ico vs ico lending, I think ico pure but quality  x3 is the least  Grin Grin
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:19:40 PM

I think that is good strategy you have there, but i think there are some things that could be done differently. Dealing with coins or tokens on short term basis has proven to be good way of earning money, but i still think that holding is far better. You said you like to buy when ICO drops by around 30%... there is chance that price of that coin or token will continue to fall, and that is an bad short term investment. In that case you would need to hold it for longer time, or cut the loses which is bad choice (my opinion). Maybe stick to investment into good/promising ICO and selling after its released is best choice of them all.
As long as its brings you positive profit, its good strategy.  Cool
Arngrim

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:43:38 PM

It does not happen as always.
There are some time when after the ICO the value of one token is higher than the expected price.
So you will need to find out the tokens which have that kind of result.
So listing the ICO price is needed which is a lot of work.
A portfolio will work but how about capital.
With small investors they will need lists that have the cheaper price like just cents per coin.

It is a good strategy though. I have seen some of it and I regret why I didnt buy when I saw it drop already.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
777asianinvasian

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

🌟 MIRA ICO 🌟

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:57:59 PM

Overall I think right now that will net you some good cash but it is in your best interest to do a little bit of research because not all ICOs are going to go -ve which means you will mess out on a couple of them. You can do that or you could do a little research and increase that profit margin Wink.

maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:01:54 PM

That sounds good for short term trades. I prefer to suport/invest ICO with interesting and serious project, not caring where prices will go. But nevertheless I am interested in results of your strategy. Maybe you could share the results with us.
For short term profits I am just looking for arbitrage trading strategies with cryptocurrencies, that are established and stable with cheap transfer and trustful exchangers.
icons6

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:28:16 PM

I recently discovered that the common strategy is buying and holding coins.It can be more profitable if it invest in ICOs.We can secure our profits and We can take advantages of their promos.Buying coins/tokens at cheaper rates can make lots of profit.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:36:42 PM

Why isn't it profitable anymore? Sometimes things slow down, but it doesn't mean it became worthless (if we are talking about a trustworthy currency).
My strategy is just the old and good traditonal one, to hold Bitcoins and few main AltCoins, without focusing in daily/monthly trading, but just waiting for the right moment to make some profit and start the strategy over again.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print