Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:27:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to know if an ico is serious or not?  (Read 510 times)
fileo

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:03:00 AM

Serious ICO will have:

-product
-visible team
-clear roadmap
-alpha or MVP

Non serious ICO won't have any of these things all they will have is a WP and promises. Don't fall for that, most of these people won't follow through I would rather them have the stuff above before I look any further.

KylesmomisaB was right. His answer is very good and almost perfect.
Sometimes to look ICOs mission and vision can set your heart a fire that the project you visit is legit.
Don't easily fall to ico without the above mention. I suggest don't look for your high profit alone but include to your list the security, legitimacy of the project, and last the profit.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
youok

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:19:37 AM

there are some things we  know that an ico is a serious project. for example
1. does the product produce has a good market.
2. how dev team that work to make successfully the project itself.
3. how to roadmap the concept of the project.
4. how the information is presented in whitepaper
5. how does thesmart contract
 that is a little information that i know about the ico project.

xiaoxz

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:40:18 AM

Whether or not there is a product, whether or not there is a roadmap, I think the most important thing is that you have to understand the project's team, to understand the founder, because honor is worthless to some people, while others see more important than their lives.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:29:06 AM

With so many daily ICOs launching, some people might be confused as to where they should invest.

The jotted points people usually user are:

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Website design?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

Everything from the list are important,going through step wise:

1. Product (How effective could it get in real time/real life implementation)
2. Project Team (Their experience, their influence, also the company advisory board, does it have names like Vitalik Buterin, elon musk, da hongfei)
3. Whitepaper (To understand the business, development, roll out process and also if it is 100% grammatically perfect)
4. Website Design - It actually does not matter a lot to me.

Adding to these, I also look forward to the total supply of tokens and predictable exchanges listings.

PS: If you like my post, reward me with a merit Wink
bayu7adi

Activity: 1442
Merit: 545

dont be greedy

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 02:44:31 AM

1. Search for data from existing documents, make sure there are no artificial or problem data
2. Make sure the profile of the team is published
3. look at the media reviewing the project
4. Always check the Smart Contract's source code
5. Serious ICO will always update periodically about their progress
arkaasay

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:46:15 AM

in order to know ico is serious or not, I think the project should have a clear purpose, see also roadmap and whitepaper. and it's also important to analyze the achievements of teams in the past.
KeithBeeCham

Activity: 252
Merit: 22

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:49:14 AM

I think to check an ICO project is serious or not you should take  a look at project Whitepaper, Roadmap and their dev team. Sometime investors just care about team member of ICO project and don't really care about roadmap and whitepaper that why there are a lot of investors lost their money because invested in scam project Smiley)

ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:51:16 AM

Every ico with the moto of being successful through cryptocurrency develop their projects. In the mean, the lack of funding affects the project. Some used to give a break and continue the project. Some give up in the middle and the same get termed to be a scam ico project.
edwardnortonn

Activity: 177
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:55:03 AM

i wonder how do i recognize a serious ico and recognize ico misleading.

thanks!!!!!

Make a review on the product, the team behind, the names look ones supported by people who won't let their names goes with fraudulent projects.
triciaa478

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:03:32 AM

First point to consider if ICO will be successful is the WHITEPAPER. It contains whatever the project is claiming to be. It contains the roadmap, team or developers and the description of the product. If your research point the product is sustainable from what you read from the whitepaper then it is good to be with. The second most important is the team visibility. The developers must be available to answer every questions and doubts of investors.
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 03:04:44 AM

By doing your own research and actually spending time reading the whitepaper, looking at the project, if they have a MVP already or if it is just a whitepaper project, and vetting the team (google them, look at their linkedin profiles, see who they are, etc.).
supremedark

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:07:21 AM

thanks!!!!!

In my personal experience I believe buying into ICOs that already have a working product is best (Alpha, beta, etc)
Concepts can be often missleading and most of the times lets just say it wont happen.

Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:14:56 AM

Personally for me, it is often enough to check the Twitter profile of the project.
Its appearance and content speaks volumes.

I  suggest you check their whitepaper also because it will tell you that project is good or bad scam or not. And also the team, much better that you can visit their offecial website and check who's the faunder of that project and especially their personal profile, check their background if that person is not scammer.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
muncuss

Activity: 719
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:47:33 AM

I  suggest you check their whitepaper also because it will tell you that project is good or bad scam or not.
lol i rarely check whitepaper, just one time and only read some pages

> also research is the product really useful? Will it be used by many ppl in long time? (well this is only if you want to invest long term). And constant development too (look at ethereum)
I found many project, they have product, but only copycat and some product only last for short time or not really useful

putrisa

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:59:39 AM

thanks!!!!!

you can see it at http://www.amazix.com/#projects I heard there merekan collect some ICO information that will actually happen and have seriousness in handling ICO.
klub88

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:39:54 AM

pay attention to the following points:
- project idea
- popularity
- team
- reviews in the social media/ forum
- experience
- roadmap
you must know thats all. doing reserch and you will know thats good ico or not
Futurm

Activity: 179

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:50:13 AM

In general, I will pay attention to a few points.
The first is whether the team's white paper and technical route are reasonable.
The second is whether ICO's code is open source (which is important).
The third is whether the ICO project is hot, and the people number of telegram groups is  enough?

Daddyj2

Activity: 532
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:55:12 AM

This is how I choose whether the ICO is good or just gonna scam

1. Has a good product
2. Good Whitepaper
3. Good Website
4. Good customer support
5.  And lastly has a high rating on ICO Bench at least 4.0+

"Hard work puts you where luck can find you."
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:56:50 AM

thanks!!!!!
Analyzing an ICO that will be a success and not a difficult thing, because usually there are some serious ICO but in the end they do not have good management so that their project stalled. For me the most rational benchmark is I see who the members of the team who are members of the project. When a project has a qualified team I will be sure, because basically someone who has a high level of trust and quality will always give the best and they will be responsible for their commitment.
VeeraS

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:20:34 AM

thanks!!!!!

I guess, if to explain will be quite long and maybe you will be difficult to understand. I just want to suggest, basically all the assessments involve knowledge and experience. this is the most important part. take your time and look for various knowledge about ico.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: