Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:54:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO bubble? Is it going to burst? How it's future would be?  (Read 196 times)
kiemnhieutien (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:25:22 AM

You know that Token sales , ICO is very popular since mid 2017 until now. There are dozens of new ICOs each single day, the problem is that, most of them are scam, bad and failed project. I’ve also been victim by the ICO scams, sure that you have been too. Now, i see it like Dot-com bubble, surely that most of you here remember  the dot-com bubble in 1999 and it's bust in 2000. I dont mean that crypto currency will fall and disapear, because that not all crypto currency, Blockchain were useless. Crypto currency plays an important role in finance, and we will see it's role in other fields soon. But the problem is, it expose too fast, too many project without quality, no reality, raise fund and then disapear. I think that this bubble is going to burst soon, after that, some good coins will become Google, Amazone like now.
shane8293

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:28:36 AM

Yep, soon the regulation will set in.

(Look at what happened to the vape industry). Only a matter of time. I am at least happy to see exchanges are charging over 200k to have new coins get listed. (In a way separates the scams from the legit projects with good funding)..
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:32:08 AM

I don't think the ICO market is really a bubble it is just getting started. There are many ICO progressing at the moment but it is relative to the amount of new products or blockchains solutions coming to the market. I think you will find KYC will become a necessary features of every token launch going forward, there may be new regulations so make sure the ICO you are looking at will follow them.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
susanlee

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:34:55 AM

i think the ICO still develop in next time
kiemnhieutien (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:14:49 AM

I think it's really a bubble, in this bubble there are gold and also there are shit. After this burst, gold stay and reach high level, shit gone.
Gogochen

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:08:18 AM

When the rules start, I think ICO will be strictly limited.
When the bear market comes, most of the ICO will lose its value, which is the process of the bursting of the bubble, but it will still leave some fine tokens.

neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:43:19 AM

I don't think that icos or general markets are in top of bubble right now. I think bubble has just started last year. I think it quite risky to invest just right now because bubble may explode in short time. But my guess it will happen in far future.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:59:46 AM

When the bear market comes, most of the ICO will lose its value, which is the process of the bursting of the bubble, but it will still leave some fine tokens.
Exactly, Results of every ICO depends upon the market condition and overall marketcap. Many ICOs that was started in November didn't bring much returns to investors as the market wasn't healthy at that time. For example request network ICO which was very much hyped and ycombinator backed but still it traded at half of the price which was offered in ICO. After that Alts boomed in December and request network just took a long flight.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
roller_coiner

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:01:37 AM

There is no bubble, people are crowdfunding their projects with almost not extra costs incurred, other than marketing. 90% fail rate, the same as any other start up funding source. Pretty credible and no bubble whatsoever.  Smiley
deviltasha

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:04:56 AM

Not ICOs are bubble, a lot of them are promising, you just need to choose right one.
sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:13:14 AM

Exactly, Results of every ICO depends upon the market condition and overall marketcap. Many ICOs that was started in November didn't bring much returns to investors as the market wasn't healthy at that time. For example request network ICO which was very much hyped and ycombinator backed but still it traded at half of the price which was offered in ICO. After that Alts boomed in December and request network just took a long flight.

For example i`ve participated in Electroneum ICO wich was in November if i remember correctly and only the launch got me 10x of my investment. But, yeah, i think that the succes of a ICO depends a lot of the status of the marketcap. When a project is launched there is a massive dump done by those who want to cash in theyr investment and by bounty hunters. ICO`s launched this last month had it very rough with all this red market.
But once the regulations will kick in i think that there will be a increase in credibility for this kind of investment and more money will come into the market.

bitekoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:15:57 AM

ICOs are definitely important for the success of the Blockchain > 1.0 coins, so they will be there in 2018.
The thing that will change is more and more ICOs in other supported will come out.
For example, Arcblock which will have an integrated blockchain solution.
UZIzzzz

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:22:40 AM

I think the current ICO does have some foam.
But I think ICO will be more popular after more countries have taken measures to regulate ICO.
Because ICO is really a good way to raise money.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
ilnick

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:23:20 AM

It seems to me that the bubble is still growing. It's quiet now. In spring and summer, rising may continue. After that, serious changes can start and many coins will explode.
We have ~1 year of wild west).
Ostonian

Activity: 912
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:25:44 AM

You know that Token sales , ICO is very popular since mid 2017 until now. There are dozens of new ICOs each single day, the problem is that, most of them are scam, bad and failed project. I’ve also been victim by the ICO scams, sure that you have been too. Now, i see it like Dot-com bubble, surely that most of you here remember  the dot-com bubble in 1999 and it's bust in 2000. I dont mean that crypto currency will fall and disapear, because that not all crypto currency, Blockchain were useless. Crypto currency plays an important role in finance, and we will see it's role in other fields soon. But the problem is, it expose too fast, too many project without quality, no reality, raise fund and then disapear. I think that this bubble is going to burst soon, after that, some good coins will become Google, Amazone like now.
Of course many people think that most ICO is a fraud. You should understand that you yourself are investing in unprofitable projects.  You yourself are taking this risk. To date, there are many worthy and promising projects, on which a professional team is working and who have a future.
traged

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:26:39 AM

I participated only in one ICO - Electroneum - and so far so good, I have had 17x my investment in best times, now just around 10x. If you pick good ICO, it can be really lucrative - and if I am not mistaking, all bigger ICOs were actually successful and people got 3x at least....
aleksus

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:10:55 PM

I participated only in one ICO - Electroneum - and so far so good, I have had 17x my investment in best times, now just around 10x. If you pick good ICO, it can be really lucrative - and if I am not mistaking, all bigger ICOs were actually successful and people got 3x at least....

You are extremelly lucky if every of your invested ICO got some x of profits.  I see more and more ICO going down in term of price after it ends, i think this tendency will go on as more and more investors get dissaponted and the same time ICO number only grows. Of course among many one the will be some prominent that will grow right after the start, but it's a hard work to select a good ones and understand the basis behind it.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:33:42 PM

I've read an article saying that Prodeum ICO just scammed and trolled their investors so the problem is real. Scams are not the only problem of the ICO bubble they will just make it explode faster. The real mess will start when the 2017 project will have to show something according to their roadmaps in this year. Some of them will fail to do something, someone will perform too bad and everyone will understand that the project is not worth its investments etc. Then we can expect a strong dump of cryptos. IMO it woll just purge the market and leave only decent projects and coins. If you take a look at companies that survived the dotcom bubble you will find that they are fine right now. Amazon for example is making a success right now and becoming a biggest newsmaker. The same may happen with bitcoin.
gigantus

Activity: 86

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:34:43 PM

I recently read the statistics of one analyst. He talked about 30% of the scum. But I do not think that there will be an inflation of the bubble. People themselves will stop investing in bad products.

Hirameki

Activity: 176

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 12:37:13 PM

I've read an article saying that Prodeum ICO just scammed and trolled their investors so the problem is real. Scams are not the only problem of the ICO bubble they will just make it explode faster. The real mess will start when the 2017 project will have to show something according to their roadmaps in this year. Some of them will fail to do something, someone will perform too bad and everyone will understand that the project is not worth its investments etc. Then we can expect a strong dump of cryptos. IMO it woll just purge the market and leave only decent projects and coins. If you take a look at companies that survived the dotcom bubble you will find that they are fine right now. Amazon for example is making a success right now and becoming a biggest newsmaker. The same may happen with bitcoin.
This kind of problem can be solved by descrow.com platform in which they aims to eliminate scam and not feasible platforms. The one thing I want in them is that they are back by the United Nations which makes the project becomes much stronger.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: