Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:55:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any effect behind KYC verification on any project  (Read 487 times)
Kryptonitka

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Bitcoin ATOM FORK 1 BTC = 1 BCA

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:18:21 PM

I think that the passage of the KYC procedure is not safe, and it's better to pass by such projects. We just can not know who gets our data. While project developers can not guarantee the safety of our data, it's better not to participate in such ICO.

Pa1n

Activity: 294

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:24:15 PM

Kyc is important for companies. But side of the hunters , its seems to dangerous. Nobody doesnt want to give his information (pasaport,Id card). I hope all informations about ico keep safely.

kendedes

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:49:53 PM

Doesn't this means that crypto currency not anonymous anymore?
Since we'll get known when we purchase any kind of crypto currency that has the need to provide KYC.

▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▄███▀▀ ╙███▄▄
 █▀ ▄██▀└,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ¬╙▀ ▄▄
 ,▄█▀,▄▄█▀▀▀¡╓╓╓  ▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█▄
▄█▀ ▄█▀.▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█▄µ ▀█▄ ▀█╖
▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀`▄▄██▀▀██▄µ`┘,▄  ▄⌐╙█▄
▄█▀,▄█▀,▄█▀,▄▄▄▄▄µ└▀█▄ ▀█ ╙█╖╙█▌
▀ ▄█▀,▄█▀,▄█▀└;┌▀▀█▄ █▌ █▌ ║█ ▐█
╔▄┘ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▄ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█  ▄ ▐█
█▀ ██ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ██ ║█ ║█ ║█ ▐█
  █▌ ▄█ ╓█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█┘╓█▌ █▌ █▌
 ██ ▄█ ▄█┘,█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀,█▌ ▄█
▐█ ╓█¬╓█H █▌ ██ ▄█▀ ╓ ▀ ▄█▀ █▀
██ ██ ██ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ╓█▀ ▄█▀ ╓█▀
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
█▌ ▄┐ █▌ █▌ ▀┘ ▀┘ ▀┘ ▀┘
█▌ █▌    █▌
   █▌ █▌ ▀┘
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
▀┘ █▌ █▌ █▌
   ▀┘ ▀┘
Privix.

Become part of a decentralized virtual
private network based on masternodes
and start earning money today.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
██
▀█
██

podrick17

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:55:30 AM

The issue of KYC verification this days on any ico one wants to buy is pronouncing. My question is, is KYC really necessary before one can purchase a particular project Ico? Because our documents were mend to be keep confidential and not to expose it to public, and the new rules is not KYC not Ico.
I hope our documents will not be use for impersonation of any criminal activities?
Please I need advice
Thanks 
That is necessary because these are rules and regulation made by the government where ICO is allowed, we can't do something about this but if you really want to purchase the coin better wait for it to get listed instead of undergoing a kyc which is through investing in ICO.

tvoya_mamka

Activity: 101
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:55:49 AM
Merited by yuliteva (1)

KYC-like methods would be useful for the relationship between the project and the investor. But many people said that there is no ico worth the risk of to give them all information for.
Bailsman

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 01:44:19 PM

KYC-like methods would be useful for the relationship between the project and the investor. But many people said that there is no ico worth the risk of to give them all information for.

Well, most of them are like this, they simply don't need any information, tbh

But there are some ICOs that require KYC on early investor-only stages with like $10K minimum buy, or even those ICOs that are completely closed, requirements of those are quite clear and OK to follow I think.

P.S. nice nickname, lol
Ayamj

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:38:58 PM

i think is used to stop scammers and money laundering
Lanatsa

Activity: 2870
Merit: 657

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:06:08 PM

Well, most of them are like this, they simply don't need any information, tbh

But there are some ICOs that require KYC on early investor-only stages with like $10K minimum buy, or even those ICOs that are completely closed, requirements of those are quite clear and OK to follow I think.

P.S. nice nickname, lol
When transactions is already involving bulk buying or do have big amounts of purchasing then KYC would normally set-in specially if those ICO project do being required on following rules set by the government this is only for those projects included on the vicinity of those countries who do have such regulation. This really can stop money laundering and illegal acts when it comes to bigger transaction.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
ModaFuka1994

Activity: 182

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:24:21 PM

I feel not to bounty, if for investor I strongly agree.
bounty hunter is having trouble with KYC, how he should make a passport while he will not go anywhere. very funny
yeah, i think kyc for bounty is not necessary since all they did was to promote the ICO.

KYC is really important i believe in order to avoid scam ICOs and start building up trust with the government because they think that ICOs and cryptocurrencies are being used for money laundering.
Same thoughts which I don't see the reason why those bounty participants do need to comply with that KYC since they are just earning those tokens because of promoting it.KYC documents isn't needed in my own opinion but yet I do see some project do really require this which would really be hassle just like what I saw happened to my friend which the project he joined in do require kyc before on getting those tokens earned on bounties.
I also think that KYC is no need for bounty participants but there are some bounty campaign required KYC already and INS bounty campaign is an example. They said that it's the suggestion from their project lawyer. IMO I think KYC is only needed for ICO investors but bounty campaign is no needed. Or maybe they require KYC for bounty campaign to avoid multi account and bounty cheater

SalmanMJ9

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 05:37:56 PM

Although it's very annoying to do KYC in every single thing in crypto nowadays, I think it's good for the long run for the project to expand their operation internationally. As you can see many countries right now trying to regulate the market and coming up with different excuses every time, one of which is money laundry. I think this we'll see even more KYC verifications in exchanges and so on. Shocked
Dimyumy17

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:58:51 PM

I do not understand almost everywhere need to do KYC now. a little bit disturbing. why do we need to send our personal documents?
Zulkin0s

Activity: 87
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:47:13 PM

Every project can make rules for bounty campaign individually. And of course any project can make KYC required. For me, it's not a really big deal, but I don't like how many projects change their bounty rules just before the end of campaign.
Isaremj3

Merit: 11

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:11:16 PM

What I can say to kyc things is that it is just mere wast  of time. If such thing want to take place in crypto world they make it fast and better for people. People don't want to take part in any ICO with kyc again if they have experience difficulties before in any kyc  ICO. Let them put things in order with kyc issues.
jk9694

Activity: 274
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:17:13 PM

This is a paradoxical situation in the crypto, and there are a lot of such. You can risk and give your data and earn, or you can remain anonymous and lose a lot of good projects.
Ponya
Copper Member

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:11:17 PM

In order to take part in Red Lanterns ICO you should register in RL wallet. For confirmation only your telephone number and email address is needed. KYC process may be demanded by banks while investing in Euros.
Using RL app you do not need to declare your identity. Moreover, for keeping incognito while video consultation Users are able to use mask filters.
Benabod

Activity: 184

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:57:06 PM

In case of know your customer (KYC) I'll say yes to authentic project, companies that are regulated by government but big no to others
Alex Melkov

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:12:05 PM

Personally, I am against the fact that ICO projects force investors to undergo KYC procedure, as there are no guarantees that your personal data will not fall into the hands of intruders.
suburban123

Activity: 248
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:14:09 PM

The issue of KYC verification this days on any ico one wants to buy is pronouncing. My question is, is KYC really necessary before one can purchase a particular project Ico? Because our documents were mend to be keep confidential and not to expose it to public, and the new rules is not KYC not Ico.
I hope our documents will not be use for impersonation of any criminal activities?
Please I need advice
Thanks 

I consider this procedure to be one of the most "soft" international control standards. The policy of identification of KYC clients is a kind of protective mechanism for both clients and accompanying business structures. It clearly structures the permissibility of the relevant financial transactions and protects both parties from possible legal problems in the future, as well as to ensure smooth and efficient development of the project. But of course you can not mindlessly understand personal data, giving personal information to untested hands. And if you have studied the project well and found no reason for distrust, so be sure until the end. Moreover, as long as the procedure KYC can not be replaced by something alternative.
greg227

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:30:56 PM

Please I need advice
Thanks 

It pretty much only has a negative impact on ICOs.  You are already trusting them with a good amount of money now they are also asking for your private info.
Mahanton

Activity: 2744
Merit: 634

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:05:22 PM

Please I need advice
Thanks 

It pretty much only has a negative impact on ICOs.  You are already trusting them with a good amount of money now they are also asking for your private info.
Which means they are asking too much, right? If all investors would not tend to join up to those ICO's who do have KYC requirements then most of them would fail but there are still some consideration into legit ones.It might be risky to give up personal information or documentation but its your choice if you do see if the project is worthy.If you dont like to expose your identity or information then we can just choose another one which doesnt have that KYC.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████