Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:44:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyle91 AKA How to increase your ignore list  (Read 3893 times)
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 11:18:32 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2013, 12:25:57 PM by jackjack

Isn't there some kind of minimum quality one's posts must reach?
Kyle91 already made 150+ posts full of non-sense/useless sentences, always only 1 sentence per post btw
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=143820;sa=showPosts

I didn't find it really annoying at the beginning but I'm seeing him on more and more threads

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Kyle91

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:54:45 AM

Why does this bother you?
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3076

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 02:09:41 AM

Short, low quality posts are indications of a scammer.

It also bothers me when scammers try and integrate into my community.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Kyle91

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 02:30:46 AM

im a scammer now? Wtf?
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 01:32:16 PM

I asked a simple question and would like a simple answer:
Isn't there some kind of minimum quality one's posts must reach?

Then I provided an exemple
That's all I did

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 04:59:48 PM

I kinda agree here.

Side note: why isn't the owner of the Bitcointalk++ script -1'ing Kyle? xD

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 05:08:22 PM

It would be too easy to find my list!

whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 05:31:37 PM

Doesn't that mean your password as well..?

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 05:34:06 PM

Doesn't that mean your password as well..?
This is becoming an off-topic, feel free to spam the BT++ thread for questions like that
But no, the hash on the list page is obviously not the corresponding password

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 06:12:23 PM

because you're spamming up the forum with useless posts.

im a scammer now? Wtf?
quit strawmaning. answer the damn question.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Kyle91

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 09:49:42 PM

well i will make sure to make my posts longer and not to offend any of you uptight people -_-
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 10:07:45 PM

Let's quote myself...
150+ posts full of non-sense/useless sentences

The problem is not the size, it's that you say nothing worthwhile

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 10:13:59 PM

I don't see the problem here, that's when the ignore function comes into play

jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 10:20:18 PM

This guy literally adds no value to the forum and looks suspicious
Still I didn't call for a ban, I just asked if such worthlessness was authorized here

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 10:21:27 PM

This guy literally adds no value to the forum and looks suspicious
Still I didn't call for a ban, I just asked if such worthlessness was authorized here

I'd say yes. there are certain hero members spouting nonsense all day and nothing happened to them yet Smiley

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 07:01:44 AM

This guy is constantly posting 1-3 word posts that are usually off-topic. Please do something about him. Thanks.
Singlebyte

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 07:16:53 PM

We should create a list of "One Sentence or less" people who post useless comments to increase their post count.  Like mentioned above, these users contribute nothing but clutter on the forum.

2450+ posts full of non-sense/useless sentences
User LaudaM https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=101872  Has over nearly 2500 one line posts.
stormlighter

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 07:28:08 PM

I dont know whether to laugh or cry!
You worry about his "low quality post count" and that he might look suspicious?

And this: "Still I didn't call for a ban, I just asked if such worthlessness was authorized here" .....

Like WTF.. with all the known spammers, scammers, suckpuppets etc. you worry about this guy?!

And a staff member responding with: "because you're spamming up the forum with useless posts" "quit strawmaning. answer the damn question."

Well then start moderating!

Allow me to post from another thread:
So you describe a problem, ask for help on solutions...

and the resulting 11 pages that follow are the same problems you describe: vendor hate, people calling people whatever, people talking off topic, with some genuinely trying to address the OP's issue, and etc.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or condescending or any of that, just an honest question:  If you really wanted to change this, why don't you just "moderate"?  you know, like your title says.  Use your common sense/best discretion.  If someone starts bashing BFL in the KNC thread, tell them to stay on topic.  If someone calls someone a whatever tell them to keep it civil.  If Josh calls his customers a moron cuz they want their money back for an undelivered product, tell him to act professional.  If people refuse, just ban them for a bit?  I don't know...

Or don't.  It's up to you.  Just that most of the other forums I goto, this is what the "moderator" tends to do.

I love this forum.

+1
Get to it Staff!

So are staff getting anywhere with this thread or did it die in offtopic? Smiley
Yes it died on the first page ...

... then why do we even bother..... :/
Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 09:38:50 PM

im a scammer now? Wtf?

Ha!  That was two sentences!
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 09:50:03 PM

I dont know whether to laugh or cry!
You worry about his "low quality post count" and that he might look suspicious?

And this: "Still I didn't call for a ban, I just asked if such worthlessness was authorized here" .....

Like WTF.. with all the known spammers, scammers, suckpuppets etc. you worry about this guy?!

And a staff member responding with: "because you're spamming up the forum with useless posts" "quit strawmaning. answer the damn question."

Well then start moderating!

Allow me to post from another thread:
So you describe a problem, ask for help on solutions...

and the resulting 11 pages that follow are the same problems you describe: vendor hate, people calling people whatever, people talking off topic, with some genuinely trying to address the OP's issue, and etc.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or condescending or any of that, just an honest question:  If you really wanted to change this, why don't you just "moderate"?  you know, like your title says.  Use your common sense/best discretion.  If someone starts bashing BFL in the KNC thread, tell them to stay on topic.  If someone calls someone a whatever tell them to keep it civil.  If Josh calls his customers a moron cuz they want their money back for an undelivered product, tell him to act professional.  If people refuse, just ban them for a bit?  I don't know...

Or don't.  It's up to you.  Just that most of the other forums I goto, this is what the "moderator" tends to do.

I love this forum.

+1
Get to it Staff!

So are staff getting anywhere with this thread or did it die in offtopic? Smiley
Yes it died on the first page ...

... then why do we even bother..... :/
Don't get me wrong, if I were the admin I'd ban his ass.
The point is I know that it's not how the moderation works here, so I just tried to make mods aware of this to have their opinion of this kind of things.

By the way, I report spammers and scammers. Not sockpuppets as they are officially authorized.

there are certain hero members spouting nonsense all day and nothing happened to them yet Smiley
And I don't think it's a good thing
Trolling, off-topic posting and one-sentence long posts could be tolerated IMO. But if every single post is in any of those three categories then why keeping the guy?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: