Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:14:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyle91 AKA How to increase your ignore list  (Read 3893 times)
Kyle91

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 03:33:01 AM

I dont know whether to laugh or cry!
You worry about his "low quality post count" and that he might look suspicious?

And this: "Still I didn't call for a ban, I just asked if such worthlessness was authorized here" .....

Like WTF.. with all the known spammers, scammers, suckpuppets etc. you worry about this guy?!

And a staff member responding with: "because you're spamming up the forum with useless posts" "quit strawmaning. answer the damn question."

Well then start moderating!

Allow me to post from another thread:
So you describe a problem, ask for help on solutions...

and the resulting 11 pages that follow are the same problems you describe: vendor hate, people calling people whatever, people talking off topic, with some genuinely trying to address the OP's issue, and etc.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or condescending or any of that, just an honest question:  If you really wanted to change this, why don't you just "moderate"?  you know, like your title says.  Use your common sense/best discretion.  If someone starts bashing BFL in the KNC thread, tell them to stay on topic.  If someone calls someone a whatever tell them to keep it civil.  If Josh calls his customers a moron cuz they want their money back for an undelivered product, tell him to act professional.  If people refuse, just ban them for a bit?  I don't know...

Or don't.  It's up to you.  Just that most of the other forums I goto, this is what the "moderator" tends to do.

I love this forum.

+1
Get to it Staff!

So are staff getting anywhere with this thread or did it die in offtopic? Smiley
Yes it died on the first page ...

... then why do we even bother..... :/
Don't get me wrong, if I were the admin I'd ban his ass.
The point is I know that it's not how the moderation works here, so I just tried to make mods aware of this to have their opinion of this kind of things.

By the way, I report spammers and scammers. Not sockpuppets as they are officially authorized.

there are certain hero members spouting nonsense all day and nothing happened to them yet Smiley
And I don't think it's a good thing
Trolling, off-topic posting and one-sentence long posts could be tolerated IMO. But if every single post is in any of those three categories then why keeping the guy?

Here i am sitting on my comfortable chair typing a one sentence. Oh look, now it is two sentences! Wait a minute, now it's three sentences! *GASP*
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:44:28 PM

Tell me this guy is useful: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=128807;sa=showPosts;start=0

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Kyle91

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:47:27 PM

That guy is more worthless than me.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:56:51 PM

Welcome Smiley

Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 11:00:28 PM

Left a warm, red welcome to this obvious scammer wannabe, thanks for the heads-up. Grin

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:13:48 AM

Maybe it's your alt, kyle.
Kyle91

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:54:50 PM

How are you so sure that is my alt?
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:22:24 PM

Maybe? That's for sure

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Kyle91

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:17:35 PM

Lol okay why not just track his ip address and track mine? Then theres proof.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:05:15 PM

Kyle91. You lost. Try again, or not.
Keep in mind the awareness is growing, and scamming is becoming harder and harder, around here.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 11:19:32 AM

Have you heard of 'proxies'?
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 11:53:00 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2013, 08:03:30 PM by KonstantinosM

I propose posts being marked as useless/ no content. If a user accumulates enough of these they lose rank, the posts should also not count under the regular postcount.

There needs to be a system where a post has some sort of classification.

No-one can be a true hero member if all they posted was 1000 posts in the newbie section saying "hello" over a 6 month long period of time.

This is serious flaw in this forum's ranking system, one that needs to be fixed.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 11:55:59 AM

He's the town greeter. You've got one in every RPG.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 11:58:33 AM

I propose posts being marked as useless/ no content. If a user accumulates enough of these they lose rank, the posts should also not count under the regular postcount.

No-one can be a true here member if all they posted was 1000 posts in the newbie section saying "hello" over a 6 month long period of time.

This is serious flaw in this forum's ranking system, one that needs to be fixed.

It's not a very high priority; the rank system is more for vanity than anything.

Kyle91

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:17:59 PM

Funny how i am being accused of something i am not. Great how this forum works
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:24:39 PM

Hello. Welcome to Bitcointalk. Please do not visit the cave to the south. There is a badbear in there.
Kyle91

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:43:51 PM

Hello. Welcome to Bitcointalk. Please do not visit the cave to the south. There is a badbear in there.

I may have already visited it.
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:50:00 PM

No-one can be a true here member if all they posted was 1000 posts in the newbie section saying "hello" over a 6 month long period of time.

+1

It's not a very high priority; the rank system is more for vanity than anything.
It's used to avoid the posting limits actually
I'd prefer mute the user for 1 week though

Looks like we have more than one town greeter: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=138562

jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:33:45 AM

And another
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=139839;sa=showPosts

jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:25:31 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=143889;sa=showPosts

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: