Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:46:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Start Your Own ICO  (Read 187 times)
cryptofatal (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:08:11 PM

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster! I'm currently in the process of creating my own ICO (a real world app mixed with cryptocurrency features) and wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone had tips or any advice on getting the process done yourself VS hiring a company to do it. I'm assuming a company will take care of all of the legal aspects of it, aswell as helping launch the actual currency and ICO process but I'm not sure of any good ones to reach out to - I was hoping to have it set up so that I can have them on a contract and they get paid from the ICO funds rather then forking it up upfront (as it tends to be high cost I'm assuming). Any advice/insights is helpful! For context, we already have a professional white paper, website and a small team but are still hiring more. Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Barcoded

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 08:37:34 PM

Have you tried Waves Platform? It is really easy to crate your own tokens ready for ICO via interface without any help of programmers. If you need some kind of complex smart contracts you should refer to Ethereum platform, but it requires some smart-contract programming skills.
bitcoincashback

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 08:41:26 PM

With Polymath it will be extremely easy to set up your own security/coin. Might be worth having a look into that too.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:45:29 PM

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster! I'm currently in the process of creating my own ICO (a real world app mixed with cryptocurrency features) and wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone had tips or any advice on getting the process done yourself VS hiring a company to do it. I'm assuming a company will take care of all of the legal aspects of it, aswell as helping launch the actual currency and ICO process but I'm not sure of any good ones to reach out to - I was hoping to have it set up so that I can have them on a contract and they get paid from the ICO funds rather then forking it up upfront (as it tends to be high cost I'm assuming). Any advice/insights is helpful! For context, we already have a professional white paper, website and a small team but are still hiring more. Thanks!
First of all i would like to greet you. Welcome into this forum. Answering your question you can create your own ICO but the process being made wont really be possible to be done by yourself only. There would be always a team since a project doesnt only have one division which means different people on different field. By the way which country you do reside? If its not strict when it comes to ICO then legality wont really matter or not necessary.

Have you tried Waves Platform? It is really easy to crate your own tokens ready for ICO via interface without any help of programmers. If you need some kind of complex smart contracts you should refer to Ethereum platform, but it requires some smart-contract programming skills.
Waves platform is good but doesnt really have too much demand among on its coins.
DesmondHayes

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:03:49 PM

I'm currently in the process of creating my own ICO

Everything is explained here thoroughly!
https://cointelegraph.com/explained/how-to-launch-a-successful-ico-explained

Have you tried Waves Platform?

There are also other platforms although the Waves still cannot compete with the Ethereum platform!

List of other recommended platforms:
Nxt Platform, Bitshares Platform, NEM Platform. Good luck in a realization of your project!

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
cryptofatal (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:20:37 AM

Thank you for all the responses! I will do some research into these platforms and go from there. Has anyone had experience with Binance Labs before? Seems like you could apply on the platform and they help with funding and listing on Binance. Thanks again!
joemanabat05

Activity: 168
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:43:21 AM

How you start an ICO is key to its success. Here are 4 often overlooked activities you should do in order to kick off your project on the right foot. Define Your Goals. First things first: decide what you want to achieve. Identify Your Team Members. The second step on the ladder to beginning any project is the identification of the various team members to be involved. Define Your Work. Develop Your Plan. Delegate (smartly) Execute and Monitor. Before you start creating a project plan, you have to stop yourself and make sure you know all of the facts. Take a deep breath, then dive into the documents and communications relevant to the project.
koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:44:45 AM

You want to run an ICO? Are you sure. This process is not easy at all and very inefficient.

You need a lot of experts form all sides helping you on small little tasks and you need to pay them a lot.

First, website , then reach out and build community, at the same time you should have understood and drafted the utility of the token. At this point you better not be far off from releasing the whitepaper.

Then you start to apply to trackers, reach out to influencers, you need that content plan in place and start marketing and community managing.

Oh hey you thought that was all? Hell no, investor relation, speaking at meetups/event, constant online presence, you got to start speaking to exchanges, also at this point you better have an account at which you can cash out huge sums of money. Wait you also need a bank that will accept crypto and not block the deposits.

I mean it goes on and on, I work in this field and advise ICO's I just scratched the surface of the workload.
koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:47:42 AM

And of course, you need the resources in place, at least a team of 8-10 people ideally working on this full time.

You need the right advisors, you need the proper partnerships.

Ideally, you didn't just create an idea but are an already existing company pivoting to blockchain and just building out a product.

You should be able to show some annual revenue from the past year and of course, the founder should have product-market fit.

I think you catch the drift.
Bloody Mary

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:15:31 AM

If you are alredy sure that you're planning to start an ICO. The best way for you is to apply to an marketing agency which could provide you with all kinds of suppoert.. i would recommend you to check these guys  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2256109.msg29372363#msg29372363
https://foxtailmarketing.com/ico-marketing/
Mr Kiwi

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:51:11 PM

Hey Cryptofatal,

Perhaps I am replying too late to this thread and if I am, I hope you found an agency to support you during your ICO

If not and you are still looking for an ICO marketing agency to lead your ICO marketing campaign, we would be more than happy to offer our services or a little ICO marketing advice.

I work for an ICO marketing agency called QD https://qd.ie/ who are based in Dublin, Ireland. We provide full ICO marketing services in the areas of..
  • Lead Generation, that attracts investors
  • Email Marketing
  • ICO Listing Sites Featuring
  • SEO
  • Web Design
  • Social Media Marketing
  • Performance Media
If you have any further questions or just want to chat about an ICO you may be planning, please feel free to contact me for a free consultation at https://qd.ie/complimentary-marketing-consultation/
sksshopee

Activity: 176

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:28:38 PM

Steps to Start a Successful ICO
Understand the Cryptocurrency Space and Its Unique Problems
Build Confidence and Legitimize Your ICO
Learn to Navigate Cryptocurrency Regulations
Participate In the Cryptocurrency Community
Have a Vision for the Future
but is not for easy
londoireng

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:38:17 PM

Do you really want run an ICO to building some usefull projects (apps) or you just want to make some money ? No offense mate but make an ICO not a simple task and can be done by single person, if you really serious go hire some team and make it happend
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: