Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:29:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: September and October will be eventful.  (Read 10341 times)
FNG

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 02:47:45 PM

Agree. Only with low volatile asset trading can you easily separate emotions with logic. BTC however, is highly volatile, it can gain $20 today, lose $40 tomorrow. High volatility in my opinion is normally high emotions and uncertainty. Your typical investment rational strategy is not effective with highly volatile assets.
While some people have allotted a certain portion of their "wealth" to bitcoin and will allow things to play out without even considering selling during crashes.

Potential upside is vastly greater than the potential loss so the risk is worth taking. Let it ride

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FNG

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 02:52:44 PM

We are on the verge of panic buying and seller strikes.  ....

Expect a bunch of elephants to try to squeeze into Bitcoin room via a tiny door of roughly 50-100kBTC available on sale at a price below of the all time high 266$. Buy popcorn. September and October will be eventful.

I think you may be underestimating where the price could go this fall.

I have been in NYC the past two weeks working on several very significant Bitcoin related projects.

Any chance you can elaborate? Also - Will you be posting to your blog anytime soon?

Thanks!
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 03:10:57 PM

$1,000 in 2013 would mean a drastic price rise, a major melt up. Frankly, I don't see that happening but he, this is Bitcoin  Kiss

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 03:18:34 PM

Seriously!?

The real world is a lot different from what you think it is. I do not want to offend you, but what is quoted above is just so not true, it hurts. To clarify, I do not trade at all, but most trades out there are driven by two simple emotions: fear and greed. In Bitcoin even more so than in other markets.

Who trades with fear and greed? If you don't trade yourself, how would you know?
You only trade with money you can freely lose, so what would you be afraid of?

I'm trading bitcoins, and I am not greedy, I have a strategy with "take profits" and "stop loss". I don't change it because I feel it right to change it  Roll Eyes

I think new people entering the market will do what I did in April.  I was new and then thought, "Wow.  I can't believe how fast the price is rising.  I should have bought more when I first invested."  Not knowing how far the price would rise I then decided to invest as much as I could afford to lose.  It was a bit of an "emotional" investment at that point.  Of course the market then crashed.  I did not sell low though.  I just figured that there would be a rebound at some point, which there is now.  This time around I plan on selling half of my stash when the price doubles for what I paid and then I will buy more if the price does crash.  If it never crashes again then I have a small little stash of BTC that I did not pay anything for at least so it becomes a zero risk investment regardless of what it does at that point.  That is my thinking anyways.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 03:22:22 PM

zero risk investment? Cheesy there's no such thing.

Anyway, align yourself with the universe and listen to your heart while sending unconditional love to everyone and everything. Then, you can enhance your trading strategy by adding the gut feeling component which will be the truest of them all.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 06:27:14 PM

zero risk investment? Cheesy there's no such thing.

But the banks will sell you that ILLUSION, usually in the form of a home valuation that "always goes up".

kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

You are WRONG!

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 06:31:32 PM

Vladimir - manipulating the price since 2009.

Remember people: this is all speculation until it's history.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 07:33:38 PM

Vladimir - manipulating the price since 2009.
lol Smiley
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 08:19:17 PM

I have been in NYC the past two weeks working on several very significant Bitcoin related projects.

Any chance you can elaborate? Also - Will you be posting to your blog anytime soon?

Wish I could.

Just wait for the news, serious journalists like the WSJ have already been getting briefed but cannot write about it yet, which should come out around the last week of September. Additionally, this fall there will be probably 6+ 'big names', like Richard Bove or Chamath Palihapitiya [starting at 19:15], in the investment community that will come out in favor of Bitcoin and that will cause a lemming like effect.

And the private wealth managers out of Asia are stacking Bitcoins away as the new favorite asset class. Many of the HNWI family offices will not make an investment in the sub-$25-50m range. So, when Bitcoin melts up then it is going to be free range for a lot of these ultra-rich Asia families to move in.

If about $1m of new capital moves the price $9 then just imagine what $500m-$1B of new capital flowing into this asset class would do to the price. Especially if that $500m requires 'clean bitcoins' from a known source of funds. The making of a 'melt-up' in price to a much more fundamentally sound valuation since Bitcoins are largely undervalued given their characterstics (no counter-party risk, cannot be seized and equity based like gold).

This is going to be a wild ride this fall. So strap yourselves in and let's kick the tires and light the fires!

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:22:21 PM

I expect that Bond & Stock Market uncertainty will drive the price on Vladimir's suggested timescale, and also that the Chinese state will fight the Syrian war in part via BTC price proxy. I was going to put the cheesy smiley, but on second thoughts, it's not so appropriate to defuse the disbelief of the solipsists anymore; if you don't think that either general market crashes or state inervaention in the BTC price are likely events, then you've got alot of lessons to learn in realism. I'm hoping there aren't too many lessons in realism for us all that emerge from the current geo-political trajectory. John Kerry is a scary kind of (former) peace activist.

Vires in numeris
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:49:37 PM

Wish I could.

Just wait for the news, serious journalists like the WSJ have already been getting briefed but cannot write about it yet, which should come out around the last week of September. Additionally, this fall there will be probably 6+ 'big names', like Richard Bove or Chamath Palihapitiya [starting at 19:15], in the investment community that will come out in favor of Bitcoin and that will cause a lemming like effect.

And the private wealth managers out of Asia are stacking Bitcoins away as the new favorite asset class. Many of the HNWI family offices will not make an investment in the sub-$25-50m range. So, when Bitcoin melts up then it is going to be free range for a lot of these ultra-rich Asia families to move in.

If about $1m of new capital moves the price $9 then just imagine what $500m-$1B of new capital flowing into this asset class would do to the price. Especially if that $500m requires 'clean bitcoins' from a known source of funds. The making of a 'melt-up' in price to a much more fundamentally sound valuation since Bitcoins are largely undervalued given their characterstics (no counter-party risk, cannot be seized and equity based like gold).

This is going to be a wild ride this fall. So strap yourselves in and let's kick the tires and light the fires!

I like wild rides.  They are fun.  The drops are a little scary but it is fun at the peaks. Wink

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 09:04:13 PM

We are on the verge of panic buying and seller strikes.  ....

Expect a bunch of elephants to try to squeeze into Bitcoin room via a tiny door of roughly 50-100kBTC available on sale at a price below of the all time high 266$. Buy popcorn. September and October will be eventful.

I think you may be underestimating where the price could go this fall.

I have been in NYC the past two weeks working on several very significant Bitcoin related projects. I think there is a possibility we could see a major price melt-up based on fundamentals to $1,000+, perhaps even $5,000+ and then a crash if the markets get particularly unruly, bitcoins over the next 6 months.

When this guy speaks ^ be sure to listen.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

RationalSpeculator

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 09:20:37 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2013, 05:14:36 PM by RationalSpeculator

Wish I could.

Sure but all these things take time.

I remember when prices were going vertical in April, still around $180 you were posting similar bullish stories.

It collapsed for months afterwards, hitting $70 several times, and cannot remember bullish posts from you at those lows. Now that price has been going straight up for 2 months crossing $140 again you are back?

I'm not impressed with your timing of bullish posts here on the forum!
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 09:23:45 PM

Wish I could.

I remember when prices were going vertical in April, already around $200 you were posting similar bullish stories.

It collapsed for months afterwards and no posts from you about the price. Now that price goes vertical again you are back?

I'll forgive you since you are always bullish, also on lows, but I'm not impressed with your timing lately.

Maybe the lack of comments on the lows was because he knew that it was just a matter of time before we would be back up again?  I think so many people panicked during the past few months.  Since I am generally very bullish I just held on during the lows with some assurance that we would eventually get back into a bull run at some point.

flagel8

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 10:13:52 PM

- This time around I plan on selling half of my stash when the price doubles for what I paid and then I will buy more if the price does crash.  If it never crashes again then I have a small little stash of BTC that I did not pay anything for at least so it becomes a zero risk investment regardless of what it does at that point.  That is my thinking anyways.

^ Excellent thinking! Totally approve. But do you have the discipline? When your sell price is reached, will you pull the trigger?

Besides Bitcoin, as we all know is DIFFERENT!

Well, it may actually be.
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 12:55:34 AM

Wish I could.

I remember when prices were going vertical in April, already around $200 you were posting similar bullish stories.

It collapsed for months afterwards and no posts from you about the price. Now that price goes vertical again you are back?

I'll forgive you since you are always bullish, also on lows, but I'm not impressed with your timing lately.

Maybe the lack of comments on the lows was because he knew that it was just a matter of time before we would be back up again?  I think so many people panicked during the past few months.  Since I am generally very bullish I just held on during the lows with some assurance that we would eventually get back into a bull run at some point.

sunnankar is a professional investment advisor.  When BTC crashed (and who could have predicted it between 100 to 500) of course it becomes necessary to look at other things. If you are a painter sometimes you paint houses, sometimes bridges or boats.  But I did not hear sunnankar "dumping" bitcoin... he probably just had to do other stuff for awhile.  Whales make the same mistakes as the majority, following trends.

RS, start thinking rationally not emotionally here.  (sorry that you sold :-))  Put the post in its context.  This venue makes it extremely unlikely that it is a "pump" attempt, as compared to the broader media outlets that sunnankar has access to or even the wall observer thread.

I am glad to hear about a resumption of activity, esp. in the USA.  Clearly the effect of the Bitcoin Foundation's meeting was to ease some fundamental risk factor in some participants and their friends' minds.  Something fundamental and non-specific -- like maybe that BTC would be simply declared illegal in USA... 

RationalSpeculator

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 01:46:00 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2013, 05:16:09 AM by RationalSpeculator

sunnankar is a professional investment advisor.  When BTC crashed (and who could have predicted it between 100 to 500) of course it becomes necessary to look at other things. If you are a painter sometimes you paint houses, sometimes bridges or boats.  But I did not hear sunnankar "dumping" bitcoin... he probably just had to do other stuff for awhile.  Whales make the same mistakes as the majority, following trends.

RS, start thinking rationally not emotionally here.  (sorry that you sold :-))  Put the post in its context.  This venue makes it extremely unlikely that it is a "pump" attempt, as compared to the broader media outlets that sunnankar has access to or even the wall observer thread.

You are twisting my words.

I did not say he is dumping bitcoins on lows, nor have I sold mine. I sold some, kept some. Wink

Just like so many others sunnankar his timing is poor. His most bullish posts appear at tops. At bottoms he is silent here. At least since I follow him end 2012.

This is not emotional analyses, just empirical observation.

I like his interviews and it's thanks to him also that I started seeing and understanding bitcoin. I agree with his long term bullish stand, I criticise his short term poor timing here on the speculation forum.
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 01:54:21 AM

sunnankar is a professional investment advisor.  When BTC crashed (and who could have predicted it between 100 to 500) of course it becomes necessary to look at other things. If you are a painter sometimes you paint houses, sometimes bridges or boats.  But I did not hear sunnankar "dumping" bitcoin... he probably just had to do other stuff for awhile.  Whales make the same mistakes as the majority, following trends.

RS, start thinking rationally not emotionally here.  (sorry that you sold :-))  Put the post in its context.  This venue makes it extremely unlikely that it is a "pump" attempt, as compared to the broader media outlets that sunnankar has access to or even the wall observer thread.

Just like so many others sunnankar his timing is poor. His most bullish posts appear at tops. At bottoms he is silent here. At least since I follow him end 2012.

This is not emotional analyses, just empirical observation.

I like his interviews and it's thanks to him also that I started seeing and understanding bitcoin. I agree with his long term bullish stand, I criticise his short term poor timing here on the speculation forum.

RS, I'd like to gently pull seniority on you here.  Sunnankar has been doing bullish posts since I joined early 2012, with BTC < $5.  He's been bullish the entire time, which is consistent with a financial advisor, BTW.  These guys and their clients are not day traders.

There's no "bad timing" here. There's no timing at all.  He's looking at a 5+ year horizon.

Kazu

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:51:25 AM

You only trade with money you can freely lose, so what would you be afraid of?

Thats the biggest joke of all time.

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 08:47:51 AM

- This time around I plan on selling half of my stash when the price doubles for what I paid and then I will buy more if the price does crash.  If it never crashes again then I have a small little stash of BTC that I did not pay anything for at least so it becomes a zero risk investment regardless of what it does at that point.  That is my thinking anyways.

^ Excellent thinking! Totally approve. But do you have the discipline? When your sell price is reached, will you pull the trigger?

Besides Bitcoin, as we all know is DIFFERENT!

Well, it may actually be.

My initial trigger was set to 100$ but when I saw just how rapidly the price was increasing I cancelled my trigger, it's now set to 1000$. Also, to pull out funds the price should be somewhat stabilized. Cashing out during a rapid uptrend is a gamble for short-term traders, trying the outsmart the forming bubble. I would go for long term gains, eliminating bubbles from the equation.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: