Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:25:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook is banning all ads promoting cryptocurrencies — including bitc  (Read 181 times)
Kazarang (OP)

Activity: 256
Merit: 12

We are friends

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:19:16 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 10:17:17 PM by Kazarang

Dear friends , please consider this innovation, maybe someone will help it!

Facebook is banning all ads that promote cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin, in an effort to prevent people from advertising what the company is calling “financial products and services frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices.”

That means no advertiser — even those that operate legal, legitimate businesses — will be able to promote things like bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, initial coin offerings — ICOs for short — or binary options, according to a Facebook blog post.

Proof :
https://www.facebook.com/business/news/new-ads-policy-improving-integrity-and-security-of-financial-product-and-services-ads
poketis22

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:22:29 PM

I believe that bounty managers will only assign posts with hashtags to tasks! I think they still will find a way to get around this limitation!
Kazarang (OP)

Activity: 256
Merit: 12

We are friends

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:25:37 PM

I believe that bounty managers will only assign posts with hashtags to tasks! I think they still will find a way to get around this limitation!
Facebook is a very serious social network and does not throw words to the wind
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:27:29 PM

That's quite a reasonable policy since there is no guarantee in ICO and anything that is related to cryptocurrencies facebook has to avoid misleading since there name is the one that is on risk. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are more prone to scamming and so facebook will obviously ban advertising it using their site.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:28:03 PM

I’m pretty sure this is directed at “promoted” ads and not what people are allowed to post on their own pages.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
anasso

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:29:30 PM

this is a good action made by facebook against ICO scams.

investors must make research on teams, project idea et roadmaps before investing.
13ex07

Activity: 322

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:31:17 PM

The situation isn't absolutely clear. What message has caused blocking? What in him was?

|▌    DAOX    《   Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs   》    DAOX    ▐|
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰◤       The product is LIVE       ◥☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
WEB-SITE    BUY DXC NOW    BOUNTY & AIRDROPS    ANN THREAD   
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:34:55 PM

this is just a small problem ,, we can still follow bounty with some new rules that will be applied by managers ,, bounty campaign ,, no need to panic with this .. this will not affect pemnghasilan that can be from bounty ,. we can still promote ICO and its related to bitcoin on facebook,.
trobin

Activity: 177
Merit: 102

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:41:03 PM

this is just a small problem ,, we can still follow bounty with some new rules that will be applied by managers ,, bounty campaign ,, no need to panic with this .. this will not affect pemnghasilan that can be from bounty ,. we can still promote ICO and its related to bitcoin on facebook,.

I don't think it has anything to do with bounties or peoples posts. It is to do with paid advertising that many ICOs use. This will hurt the success of many ICOs as using targeted advertising within Facebook is very effective. I'm a little dubious of the decision Facebook have taken here. I do not see why it is there responsibility to protect investors. Given that they allow sales on their site from one user to another which has a much greater likelihood of being scammed it seems to me like there may be something else going on behind the scenes with this one.

blue_nexus15

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

█ J A X N E T W O R K █

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:41:33 PM

The situation isn't absolutely clear. What message has caused blocking? What in him was?
I do not think this has much impact on bitcoin and other ICO projects because most of the social media campaigns of ICO projects are focused on Twitter and Reddit, Medium and less use facebook. But I think if Facebook really banned Cryptocurrency ads then that was a pretty big mistake for them.

Jaemouns

Activity: 274

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:41:58 PM

Facebook is a very serious social network and does not throw words to the wind
Yes you're right my friend...Their both in online network which is bitcoin and facebook soo i don't believe it will happened.Maybe we are aware on posting facebook but not totally they are banning cryptocurrency.
chesatochi

Activity: 812
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 09:48:38 PM

I think is not a wise move for the legitimate business in the crypto space like Coinbase, Bittrex, and others. On the other hand, it is good for removing the ICOs scams and false projects.

Yana_M1

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:52:47 PM

I think it's just insulting to them that there is so much advertising on their resource and no one pays them any money, now it's only official.
weborsha

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:54:39 PM

This limitation considers banner adverts (Google Adwords, etc), not the users' content. I think that FB is about to start its own ICO, this is why they deny to promote others:)

rhenrhen

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:58:37 AM

Facebook has been very serious about its social media responsibilities. This is a good action though but many will be affected. Hopefully, there'll be another way to be done since the main purpose of this banning is to avoid illegal activities or scamming. By this, maybe Bitcoin will be stricter in their policies. And KYC will be strictly implemented.
marinomario

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:02:36 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 10:08:58 AM by marinomario

it's possible facebook prohibits advertising in the form of add, I think it's annoying, especially when we click, then the ads appear. it is very annoying. there is plus and minus, but we must see the positive value that will be issued from facebook policy, if that happens prohibitioncontent of crypto ads. maybe to broadcast for me no problem

sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:12:12 AM

Just looking at the furor this step has caused, the number of threads it has triggered, i am surprised people are still doubting the veracity of a move like this. Personally i feel secure in the reasons behind their policies and changes as per our benefit and security.
OhBow0709

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:05:31 AM

This limitation considers banner adverts (Google Adwords, etc), not the users' content. I think that FB is about to start its own ICO, this is why they deny to promote others:)

Good prediction, but I think the limitation that was set by Facebook is only temporary. According to this Article, Facebook seems will make a revised policy or guidelines about creating Advertisements on their website. Maybe they just wanted to minimize the number of users who have been victimized by Scam ICOs.
cryptowomba

Activity: 234

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:14:27 AM

I am not really surprised, Facebook doesn't like other companies making money off them too much. Also I think they are heavily connected with the USA and the USA condemns ICOs, was only a matter of time.

Weird because I heard that the owner Mark was talking about cryptocurrency and his interest in it.
katarin2030

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:11:53 AM

With the recent development of cryptocurrency and also got published in many news papers about hacking of the coins, because of this reason may be Facebook is banning all the promotional ads in their pages.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: