Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:05:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook bans cryptocurrency ads..  (Read 2588 times)
enjotan

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:59:36 PM

currently posting is busy talking about the prohibition of facebook for ico ads. I wonder, do you guys become worried and panicked? I'm not surprised because I'm sure crypto will still run even though social media forbids it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
#dhabitamartha

Activity: 673
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:00:49 PM

I do not agree with that we work well and do not violate the law why it can be so and I hope it is just an issue is not a reality and if it is true maybe we should seek a work agreement
12retepnat34

Activity: 319
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:04:13 PM

I think facebook is just jealous on ICOs and cryptocurrencies, because bounty participant are flooding ICO ads on their website and facebook can't control it, so they ban it in order to minimize it.
selectaselectine

Activity: 235
Merit: 16

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:20:52 PM
Merited by sumangs (1)

This might be bad for some business persons because they will surely lose some income from the banning of advertisements. However, this does not mean that there will be no more Facebook related campaigns. Members do not contribute to growth by promoting advertisements, but they make and write contents to provide information through the social media.

iloveturtles

Activity: 194
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:48:46 PM

Just a PR marketing ploy after a lot of stuff has come out about Facebook being bad for our children and society and the whole Russian / Trump thing. Whether you believe the stories or not, it looks bad for Facebook.

I think it's wrong to start censoring certain things like ICOs.
mmhaimhai

Activity: 532
Merit: 257

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:52:13 PM

There are even some links of ICO website that are not allowed by facebook to be posted. I encounter it when posting for task of one facebook bounty campaign I participated. I think this would affect future campaigns. But there are still some ICO ads I see in fb today like gbx and debitum.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:56:19 PM

I think facebook is just jealous on ICOs and cryptocurrencies, because bounty participant are flooding ICO ads on their website and facebook can't control it, so they ban it in order to minimize it.

I dislike facebook, but facebook laughs at some of these numbers. They aren't jealous in the slightest.
bitcoindoor

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:58:40 PM

Every time this "pro status quo entities" make this kind of moves makes me wonder. However, They might have a point this time. They are probably scrambling trying to find ways to make money out of this without pissing off their masters.
KTPU777

Activity: 154

AMON - Crypto Debit Card for Everyday Purchases

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:02:18 PM

I believe that we do not need to worry yet. Facebook has not yet banned the promotion of ICO on personal pages. While the ban was introduced on paid advertising. And what happens next.

Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:04:54 PM

Can anybody explain me,  if I can post and repost? I didn't understand it properly,  if this rule concerns only advertisement or simply posting and reposting?

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
valentinen39

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:08:07 PM

Facebook Gives Crypto Ads the Thumbs Down.

Facebook has issued an outright ban. As of a new ruling issued on January 30, “ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency”. The move is sure to be welcomed by Facebook users and bitcoin enthusiasts alike, who recognize that these adverts do little to promote the benefits of cryptocurrency.

https://web.facebook.com/policies/ads/prohibited_content/prohibited_financial_products_and_services

I think that market zuckerberg wants facebook only for people to be connected and not to include advertisement such as cryptocurrency because they will not get benefit from it as well, if they will only remove specific ads then still it was a good thing since campaigns can still advertise on groups.
OrcaTech

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:12:55 PM

On the one hand, they are trying to protect ourselves against a new phishing scheme through which scammers try to steal Fasebook's cryptocurrency funds.
But on the other hand, Zuckerberg is an ordinary billionaire who is trying to protect his fiat.  Wink Cheesy
Vilagra

Activity: 672
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:17:50 PM

Can anybody explain me,  if I can post and repost? I didn't understand it properly,  if this rule concerns only advertisement or simply posting and reposting?

How I understood this rule concerns only advertisement and now in my own post I can't insert link on ICO websites.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 02:29:04 PM

I think this is good news since most of the ICOs that use Facebook are a scam anyway since legit ICO will never target ads to their investors like that. I think the ban on Facebook will not affect ICO because I've seen a lot of success ICO that has not used Facebook ads before. Also, I saw a lot of ICO Facebook ads trying to deceive people by promising them x10 profits in a short time.
Alfuzzybottom

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:43:10 AM

I have been running this ad for a few weeks, when facebook decided to ban cryptocurrency ads, I changed it a little bit...

- - - Wink Wink Nod Nod MINING - - -
wink wink COIN, Hohum-EUM, Nothing to see here - COIN! We can help you get started! FEC LLC offers Training, Equipment, and consultation for all ventures big and small. If you are a hobbyist just getting started or someone looking to start or expand a business, I can help you every step along the way! Professional consulting services offered by a Master Electrician/EET with over 25 years experience. Support a Local Small Business and Colorado Manufacturer!

- Introduction and training in every aspect of the Wink Wink Nod Nod business from getting started to advanced Yahoo! strategies

- Build classes where you will be instructed on how to build a Wink Wink Nod Nod rig of your own, tune it for reliability, and keep it running

- Build parties where you can join together with other first time Wink WInk Nod Nodders and build your own rig

- Advanced training and consultation, Security, business location selection, electrical and other facility prep

- Power consumption reduction strategies, green business practices, community relations and mentoring, internships

Intro to "the thing which may not be mentioned" classes forming every week! $25 with $5 worth of Hohum-eum deposited into your unique Hohum-eum wallet upon completion of class! Come see an actual Commercial Wink Wink Nod Nod Mine in action and then learn how to do it yourself! Call or text for details!
Lacettivod

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:41:32 AM

A lot of people here say that the ban is only for paid ads and not for usual post, but there is the risk that facebook will ban your account!
The decision was taken to protect stupid people from scam, so if you promote a ICO you are - in facebook vision - a scammer.
Take care.
Yes, of course, such news is cause for concern. It is likely that Facebook will introduce restrictions on the posts and reposts about ICO. Not a very happy prospect.

efey39

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:59:30 AM

this news was bad. why would they make such a decision? FaceBook increased its profit by 25 percent this year. If this situation continues, the amount of profit will decrease
emmmmm

Activity: 210

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:06:27 AM

Alas, facebook's ban on ICO advertising has a huge impact on cryptocurrency markets.
I began to lose confidence, and I didn't know if I should continue to hold bitcoin.

bitcoinsc

Activity: 439
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:09:17 AM

i remember back then when facebook was part of the government. and now we have this ban of crypto ads. seems like the government dont like crypto as much. but its suppose to be a hidden agenda

Ethereum and Uniswap.
jackolinyoko

Activity: 204

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:36:32 AM

Facebook Gives Crypto Ads the Thumbs Down.

Facebook has issued an outright ban. As of a new ruling issued on January 30, “ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency”. The move is sure to be welcomed by Facebook users and bitcoin enthusiasts alike, who recognize that these adverts do little to promote the benefits of cryptocurrency.

https://web.facebook.com/policies/ads/prohibited_content/prohibited_financial_products_and_services

This doesnt mean that you cannot share or posts anything thing about ICOs in facebook,the ban will only covers the paid advertisement of facebook they will not accept any ICO related campaign advertisements,so nothing to worry about.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: