Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:44:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook bans cryptocurrency ads..  (Read 2588 times)
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:54:17 AM

This ban is not a permanent one I think and in future Facebook may release this ban. There are good and bad things in this ban, as few members said it will reduce the scam ICO's and scam links promoted in Facebook and the good thing is Twitter and other social network will be engaged more on this activity and their traffic may look high from now. I think there's nohing to do with crypto coins price due to this ban.
KristineNguyen

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 09:56:51 AM

Mark wants to protect his users. And I think we need more regulations for ICOs, it's not bad like we thing. Mark is smart man, he will not do anything against the flow. Cheesy
ac2eugenio

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:57:39 AM

Facebook Gives Crypto Ads the Thumbs Down.

Facebook has issued an outright ban. As of a new ruling issued on January 30, “ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency”. The move is sure to be welcomed by Facebook users and bitcoin enthusiasts alike, who recognize that these adverts do little to promote the benefits of cryptocurrency.

https://web.facebook.com/policies/ads/prohibited_content/prohibited_financial_products_and_services

If i understand their updated policy,they will only prohibit the paid advertisement but they will not restrict users from promoting ICOs and cryptocurency related topics in user's personal profiles it means the only people will be affected by this are the advertisers who are promoting in facebook using the paid advertisement of facebook.But if you are a bounty hunter in facebook this policy wont affect you at all you can still share,link any cryptocurrency related posts in facebook.
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:59:54 AM

This is not Facebook, per se.
This is the handwork of Governments and Financial Institutions that would want to retain wealth and power for themselves.

Cryptocurrencies are currently redistributing wealth to everyone - globally.
Governments and Financial Institutions will do whatever they can to retain wealth and power so that it will not be redistributed to the common man.

ORiN

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:03:45 AM

In early January Zuckerberg was interested in studying cryptocurrency and encryption technologies with the aim of their possible integration into the world's largest social network and now they are banned, protecting us from scammers. What's next ?
jorenpo

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:04:40 AM

is it for real? i can still post and share post about the upcoming and ongoing ICO today.
Maybe some kind of business advertisement is ban on facebook.
otundebis

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:10:11 AM

I see decentralized social media  coming.  Many changes that are coming in the future will make you wonder if we ever lived and accept the centralized control of some of the tech we enjoy today.  People all over the world will be so decentralized in the services been provided to them and they will not even be aware of it.

carrymentality

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:10:32 AM

Facebook has issued an outright ban. As of a new ruling issued on January 30, “ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency”. The move is sure to be welcomed by Facebook users and bitcoin enthusiasts alike, who recognize that these adverts do little to promote the benefits of cryptocurrency.

https://web.facebook.com/policies/ads/prohibited_content/prohibited_financial_products_and_services

I have seen this write up; however, I have also seen other ones that are clarifying Facebook's stand with regards to posting ads in their platform. First off, I think that Facebook won't totally restrict or ban ads about cryptocurrencies because one of Facebook's main alleys to gain profit is through advertisement and marketing. Since many people are using their platform day in and day out. It would be easy to promote anything through it. I think what Facebook is trying to control is the useful traffic that doesn't amount to any advertisement. Unfortunately, there are so many users who just wants to meet their quotas and don't actually think of what they are posting. Due to that, there are so many ads that are not effective and only makes the system heavier affecting other ads that should be in the forefront and should be seen by people.
lalabotax

Activity: 1540
Merit: 132

BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:10:53 AM

I think this is the worst news for this week. facebook has banned, now followed by instagram. I hope it will not have a big impact on the crypto price insertion value. although like this, there is a positive effect that we get. many of dev will evaluate ways that are more rational and educational.

kirana08

Activity: 122

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:11:54 AM

This decision in the broadest sense may have a special mechanism for this problem.
Facebook says it will review its enforcement policies and mechanisms as the signal improves. Meanwhile, Facebook encourages people to report content that violates this policy.
"This policy is part of an ongoing effort to improve the integrity and security of our ads, and to make it more difficult for scammers to benefit from presence on Facebook
alko89

Activity: 150
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:14:58 AM

Great! I guess Facebook wont have any commercials to show me, since I only saw crypto related ads for a few months nowXD
umar22pk

Activity: 602

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 10:15:23 AM

It’s sad & bad news for bounty hunters….
But as they said only Ad on Facebook about ICO’S and crypto currencies are banned, so hopes that bounty campaign will runs as usual.
Good day
prince05

Activity: 126
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:15:58 AM

Facebook has the right to ban any advertisement when deemed necessary, most of the coins advertised in Facebook are bogus and all towards to personal gain of the developers and management. They are using cryptocurrency to steal money from people. If i am an investor I will still go with a coin that does not need any advertisement as the coin should be successful no matter what. We can't do anything with that we are just users of Facebook, we will just follow their guidelines as well. I am seeing a lot of people ranting in facebook because of the ban, but they are not considering facebook's part when a product advertised in one platform brings the name of the platform, facebook is just protecting it's name and we should respect it.

█▀▀▀ A DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN-BASED PLATFORM  ▀▀▀█
 █───  Telegram  │  Facebook  │  Twitter  │  ANN  │  Bounty  ───
▰ ▰ ▰  Tokenize the referral economy and spread rewards to all participants   ▰ ▰ ▰
JLCoin

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:18:16 AM

It bans certain terms. There are still ways around it. It makes sense given the scams going around, I just wish that FB would do more to monitor fake news and hate speech.
poncik

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:23:52 AM

One of the biggest companies in the world and one of the most used sites making such a decision is very sad for bitcoin investors.
They have made such a decision to protect people who are probably ignorant from danger Smiley

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Lacettivod

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:28:26 AM

Oh its hot news. So now there wont be any facebook campaign in upcoming ICO bounties?Anyway good move from facebook. They should have done this before.
I understand that this news is just paid advertising, which is displayed to the user.
This news does not apply to the participants of the bounty campaigns on Facebook. They can continue to write posts and reposts on cryptocurrency projects.

Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:31:20 AM

A lot of people here say that the ban is only for paid ads and not for usual post, but there is the risk that facebook will ban your account!
The decision was taken to protect stupid people from scam, so if you promote a ICO you are - in facebook vision - a scammer.
Take care.
kirito1614

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:49:17 PM

I've officially seen that on this passed days when I shared a post from a Facebook page of an ICO and Im advised that my common posts is erased by facebook. It was expressed there that its a spam on facebook that contain joins from a site. Perhaps we should simply abstain from puting a few connections on our common posts
buhna

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:51:43 PM

Yes this is not good news. I hope that this applies only to official advertising and not to posts and reposts. It will be very bad for bounty campaigns.

travelgear17

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:56:07 PM

Facebook bans about crypto currency ads that's why all crypto values are falling down I think as price but it's not impose on bounty hunter in Bitcoin forum. So it's not matter for forum user.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: