Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:26:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook bans cryptocurrency ads..  (Read 2588 times)
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:33:58 AM

Yes it's pretty bad news, because facebook like many other social networks are more exposed to politics, so I think that it's worth using decentralized social networks, in order to exclude such an opportunity in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:44:17 AM

This shows how Zuckerberg is really "admire" crypto! Is it only ads or they ban sharing posts from Crypto groups? Latter will hurt bounty hunters very much. Especially now, when getting new rank here is extremely difficult. Imagine you spend hours pumping your FB or Twitter account and they coming with crap like this. Or bitcointalk account as matter of fact.

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
mcetin35

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:45:47 AM

I think it is okay because most of the scammers were using fb ads to reach people who does not have enough knowledge about ICOs.
taongam

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:46:07 AM

Is it good though? If people fall for stupid advertising, that's because they're stupid. Why does facebook feel a need to hold everybody's hand? It's their company, they can do what they like… I just think it's lame and condescending to their user base.
cryptonoob312

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:51:29 AM

That's nice that Facebook care about us not being misleaded and ban ads of frauds that is absolutely normal according to some states' laws. But that's unfair in relation to the good and ICOs. Of course it's easier to ban all the ads than to hire a team of experts that will check all those ads for relevance
sakokinak

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:56:03 PM

Oh its hot news. So now there wont be any facebook campaign in upcoming ICO bounties?Anyway good move from facebook. They should have done this before.
Well I do not think Facebook has taken the good decision. Many uses of this site are traders, investors and simply those who are interested in the world of crypto. FB can lose some of its subscribers.
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:57:44 PM

Oh sure it means less exposure, but it's facebook. Who in crypto cares about facebook?  Grin
Thank the ico scammers for ruining it though.
handy_hotdog

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:58:19 PM

I didn't see this coming because Facebook never usually turns down a quick bit of money on a craze. Honestly it won't impact too much because you can just create good content to be shared by bounty campaigns or shared in groups, I am a social media manager and I hate using Facebook ads.

Just really shooting themselves in the foot and losing some revenue. Personally I just think it is a marketing campaign to seem more moral after the whole Russia election scandal.
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:00:15 PM

Well, USA government banned the ICOs, so it's not a surprise that Facebook - that is USA based, has banned the ICOs promotion.
This is the official reason.
But I suspect that Zuckemberg is studying the launch of a kind of "Facebookcoin", and with his immense power probably will kill any other coin.
We'll see.

cryptospear

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:03:42 PM

Facebook will just stop accepting ICO advertisement of any crypto-related advertisement in their paid advertistement,they didnt tell you to stop posting links using your profiles,facebook pages and group can still be used to promote ICOs,you will not get banned if you post ICO or cryptocurrency related topics in facebook.In my own opinion they are just being protective to most of the U.S citizens because the SEC prohibits any citizens in joing ICOs because most of the ICOs today are just raising funds and then will fail at the end or might ran away like what scammers do.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◆      P L A Z A      ◆  ◆  ◆  ◆       The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]       PRE-SALE Starts    │    March 15th, 2018       [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM   GITHUB   MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   TWITTER   FLIPBOARD   REDDIT   LINKEDIN   FACEBOOK   EMAIL
bitmattrix88

Activity: 504

FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 05:08:43 PM

Actually, there's a good side and a bad side. This is because of Facebook's new better Cryptocurrency. Facebook is a Social Media network that's used by many people in the world today. So this Facebook is also used to view Good News and Bad News. ICO now everywhere. Most of the racketeers are home to this Facebook. So it's true that Facebook is the one to bring this ban. It's good for companies that bring good ICO is not a good news.

╔══[   ICO   ]════|█ ▌     FABA invest     ▐ █|════[   AIRDROP   ]══╗
⚫     POWERFUL THOUGHT AND STRONG FAITH CAN DO ANYTHING     ⚫
Whitepaper   Telegram   Facebook   Twitter   Medium   Reddit   ANN Thread
Livewildeatwild

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:11:23 PM

The thing is, every article about the so-called "ban" on crypto ads doesn't have any direct statement from Facebook. They aren't going anywhere, they'll just shrink down some. The blatantly spammy ads will get censored just like any other spammy ad, nothing new here.
Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:14:02 PM

I guess Facebook starts act this way because there are too many scam ICOs. But I think it's a little bit strange just because such kind of things as Facebook should be unbiased... Just like a language that can be used for both evil and kind purposes as well.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
brelok777

Activity: 160

Decentralizing Wealth Building Investment Opportu

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:19:35 PM

Well, so the ban deals with targeting Facebook advertising. In your own tape, no one forbids you to write advertising posts. Although over time it's possible to take over and personal tapes.

papagapa

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:23:46 PM

On facebook even subscribers harder to add, because they block accounts, if you exceed the limitI I think that now the whole mass will switch to twitter
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:25:11 PM

I guess Facebook starts act this way because there are too many scam ICOs. But I think it's a little bit strange just because such kind of things as Facebook should be unbiased... Just like a language that can be used for both evil and kind purposes as well.
No, they can't act biased because Facebook must obey USA laws and regulations. Actually banning the cryptocurrencies ads is a good idea because people won't get tempted to invest in bullshit ICOs (Though there are genuine ICOs also which will get affected). Most of the ads on my Facebook timeline are filled with lending ICOs like BitConnect which is actually a ponzi system using ICO as a name sake.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
goodvibes05

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:42:37 PM

Facebook Gives Crypto Ads the Thumbs Down.

Facebook has issued an outright ban. As of a new ruling issued on January 30, “ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency”. The move is sure to be welcomed by Facebook users and bitcoin enthusiasts alike, who recognize that these adverts do little to promote the benefits of cryptocurrency.

https://web.facebook.com/policies/ads/prohibited_content/prohibited_financial_products_and_services

this is really bad news for everybody. Bad news for ICO scammers but this can affect  for bad newbies who only has the opportunity to join a campaign thru Facebook campaign. We all know that facebook is popular to a lot of people that's why many people advertise their business on Facebook. Now that they ban cryptocurrency advertising on facebook I think this will also affect ICOs in terms of promotional issues.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Benarand

Activity: 773

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:47:43 PM

Facebook Gives Crypto Ads the Thumbs Down.

Facebook has issued an outright ban. As of a new ruling issued on January 30, “ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency”. The move is sure to be welcomed by Facebook users and bitcoin enthusiasts alike, who recognize that these adverts do little to promote the benefits of cryptocurrency.

https://web.facebook.com/policies/ads/prohibited_content/prohibited_financial_products_and_services

This prohibition applies not to private accounts, but to direct advertisers who give paid advertising on Facebook. Therefore, it will not affect the bounty of hunters. So you can not worry.
beetlejam

Activity: 226

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:48:00 PM

Can't believe they did this as they are losing easy money on this especially with the amount of cash that ICO's are throwing in marketing.

I think that it is their loss and they are only doing this for PR, especially after the Russia thing and also the damage social media does.
mainthread

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:53:28 PM

I'm afraid that Twitter will be the next social network that will put an end to this. It is very interesting, what way out of the situation will the bounty managers look for. I think that the bounties will become more complicated and interesting. Times of easy money pass. Now it will be necessary to work hard.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: