Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:22:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Storiqa (STQ) BAIT AND SWITCH scam! Possible PHISHING scam No support!  (Read 1173 times)
plastick (OP)

Activity: 201
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:52:50 PM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 07:11:46 PM

They don't need KYC!  That's the problem with their logic....this is an identity phishing scam!  The exchanges require the KYC because the exchanges are the entities which interact with the regulated financial markets....not the decentralized blockchains running nodes on proxies!  KYC is required at the moment we engage the financial markets, not before....If it were required before we engaged the markets, then every time we transmitted a transaction onto the blockchain, we would have to request KYC and that would slow transactions down to a crawl.  IT'S A SCAM!

Say I gave them my identity, they gave me the token, and I immediately sent them to somebody else....how does KYC even come into play there?  It's a farce! ----> KYC is not required and they want our identities for some other reason!
amerrigan

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:52:57 PM

If anyone has any hard evidence of anything underhanded could you post your findings to the /r/shamcoin reddit page too; the are using AI to build up list of possible scam/shams and use the mechanism to automatically point out similarities of future suspect ICO's

https://www.reddit.com/r/shamcoin/comments/7uyvyy/sham_analysis_storiqastq/
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 10:08:25 AM

And, what about this?

Raised: $21,637,287
Tokens sold: 4,792,895,197

($21,637,287)/(4,792,895,197 token) = $0.00451445026/token average

And,

Raised: $24,403,867
Tokens sold: 6,123,618,287

($2,766,580)/(1,330,723,090 tokens) = $0.00207900503/token average

How does the average price decrease when it's supposed to increase? Price dropped from $0.00451445026 per token to $0.00207900503 per token?  Really?  The price dropped?

Proofs:

Between the top image and the bottom image they raised: ($24,403,867) - ($21,637,287) = $2,766,580
Between the top image and the bottom image they sold (6,123,618,287) - (4,792,895,197) = 1,330,723,090 tokens.

So, how do they explain selling 1,330,723,090 tokens for ($2,766,580)/(1,330,723,090 tokens) = $0.00207900503/token?

Even with the discounts bonuses and referral commissions, the math doesn't even come close!  This demonstrates a 400%-500% token inflation....WTH?

THEY NEED TO EXPLAIN THAT ONE TOO!  How come so many more tokens were given away at the end then were supposed to be?
Chufas

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:33:44 PM

So, I have bought 8000 tokens. I was just waiting for them to be sent to my ethereum wallet.

This is all new to me. What actions am i suppossed to take?

Where must I go in order to receive my tokens?

I have no intention to give any  personal information.

Well, fortunately I didn't invest much.

UltraOinq

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:19:13 PM

i don't know about this....its so fishy....
Even their form doesn't seem secure...
if they had ask for any document with picture and selfie i might show name and pic, but all that data?
Even some orders online don't get that much data from me...
Chufas

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:41:34 PM

Yes, it's fishy.

They haven't gone to the Bahamas yet because they're still collecting our data in order to a) use those data to formalize online loans in our name b) sell them to the ones that will.

By the way, I've been trying to add this token to my Coinomi wallet and it gave an error: "wrong decimals". Any ideas?
plastick (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:38:27 PM

Has anybody else failed to receive their referral bonuses to their account?
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 06:09:58 PM

"An-n-n-n-n-d,.... it's gone!"

Investing in Storiqa:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DQndGpd1qM
Wael613

Activity: 35

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 03:19:05 PM

Hey,

I got my tokens and a lot of people are saying it will do well.

Hopefully they fix everything and price moves up.

Quite alarming tho
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:37:53 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 02:15:57 AM by akamit

Hey,

I got my tokens and a lot of people are saying it will do well.

Hopefully they fix everything and price moves up.

Quite alarming tho

I also received my STQ a few days ago.
Everything was fine until the end of ICO, but when they forced about kyc suddenly after the kyc I became somewhat upset.
For me, that is unprofessional, because if you want kyc then you need to start it from the beginning but not after completing the ico successfully.

Now I'm waiting for March when STQ will be listed in exchanges, and I hope STQ will be a success after whatever happened.
putincoin

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:21:03 PM

Whatever you do don't sell the coins until 2019 until the full release of the product.
There may be even people who deliberately spread FUD to collect the token dirty cheap, who knows?
There were haters right from the beginning like thehackingteam (who is a scam itself!)
Besides,the CEO Ruslan is very aggresive about this business. I think he can make it. We saw he will do whatever it takes to make this happen.
This may be silk road v2 maybe who knows?
A marketplace where knockoffs that cannot be sold at ebay or amazon are freely sold, maybe  Wink -don't underestimate this, it is a multibillion market!
The idea is nice, the development team is very good, management is aggressive & capable, and they have more than enough cash to make this happen.
So, why not?
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 06:48:17 PM

Whatever you do don't sell the coins until 2019 until the full release of the product.
There may be even people who deliberately spread FUD to collect the token dirty cheap, who knows?
There were haters right from the beginning like thehackingteam (who is a scam itself!)
Besides,the CEO Ruslan is very aggresive about this business. I think he can make it. We saw he will do whatever it takes to make this happen.
This may be silk road v2 maybe who knows?
A marketplace where knockoffs that cannot be sold at ebay or amazon are freely sold, maybe  Wink -don't underestimate this, it is a multibillion market!
The idea is nice, the development team is very good, management is aggressive & capable, and they have more than enough cash to make this happen.
So, why not?

"So, why not?" ---->  Could you really imagine Ross Ulbricht building a KYC/AML database for everybody that used his site!  Wow!  That would've been absolutely brilliant!  Man, these Russians do know what they're doing, huh?

The elephant in the room here is that the Russians cheat at everything they do (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eO8ZHfV4fk&feature=share ) ....it's part of their culture. Now it's being exposed that the Russian GOVERNMENT has been phishing for identities and using those stolen identities to attack the West (https://www.wired.com/story/russian-trolls-identity-theft-mueller-indictment/ )(https://www.justice.gov/file/1035477/download )

What part sounds good again about giving your sensitive personal information to an anonymous entity which is also hiding behind a cloudflare proxy and located in a country whose government actively engages in identity theft?  Add to that the fact that they've already been caught TWICE using stolen identities and we can conclude that there is an extraordinarily brilliant community handing over their personal information to these people.  

Okay, I'm in ---> but I do not have access to the internet so can I have a residential mailing address to send my "stuff?"

putincoin

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:34:55 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 05:20:17 AM by putincoin

Fair enough. Totally understandable.

....... BUT .............

Then, why does KYC exist in the first place? I mean, isn't it the US government made it mandatory?

From the below article:

" the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is reportedly preparing to prosecute ICOs which are held without KYC procedures.  "

" cryptocurrency exchanges are beginning to exclude cryptocurrencies that did not properly implement KYC processes "

https://www.ccn.com/five-reasons-kyc-crucial-ico-investment/

Etc. Etc...

So, who is to blame here Storiqa or the US legislation?

(I agree that they should have told it before and they plain lied about it later, although I don't think they had bad intentions, it was a screw up)

cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 07:18:53 AM

Fair enough. Totally understandable.

....... BUT .............

Then, why does KYC exist in the first place? I mean, isn't it the US government made it mandatory?

From the below article:

" the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is reportedly preparing to prosecute ICOs which are held without KYC procedures.  "

" cryptocurrency exchanges are beginning to exclude cryptocurrencies that did not properly implement KYC processes "

https://www.ccn.com/five-reasons-kyc-crucial-ico-investment/

Etc. Etc...

So, who is to blame here Storiqa or the US legislation?

(I agree that they should have told it before and they plain lied about it later, although I don't think they had bad intentions, it was a screw up)

When regulated financial institutions are involved then KYC/AML may be required; for example, if we used our credit card, made a bank transfer, or sent a check to purchase tokens from the ICO, then KYC may be required.  Those funds are regulated and insured....But when we use a cryptocurrency to purchase cryptocurrency from an anonymous unregulated market hiding behind a cloudflare proxy, then that's not protected, nor regulated.

To be sure! ----> "Investors should understand that to date no initial coin offerings have been registered with the SEC. The SEC also has not to date approved for listing and trading any exchange-traded products (such as ETFs) holding cryptocurrencies or other assets related to cryptocurrencies.[2] If any person today tells you otherwise, be especially wary." (citation: https://www.sec.gov/news/public-statement/statement-clayton-2017-12-11)
putincoin

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:02:29 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 09:51:00 AM by putincoin

okay, but you ignored the remaining 4 of the reasons... and if you dig the interwebs I bet you can find more.

Btw, didn't they outsource the KYC?

I am not afraid of ID theft (one of the rare uppers of being a citizen of a 3rd world country, sigh...) and I submitted right away so I am a little ignorant here.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 08:19:32 AM

okay, but you ignored the remaining 4 of the reasons... and if you dig the interwebs I bet you can find more.

Btw, didn't they outsource the KYC?

I am not afraid of ID theft (one of the rare uppers of being a citizen of a 3rd world country, sigh...) and I submitted right away so I am a little ignorant here.

This is the problem.  KYC/AML is required when we interact with the regulated FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS, i.e. when we use a credit card, bank transfer, check...etc.  Storiqa's ICO did not interact with any FINANCIAL MARKET....we were not allowed to use a credit card, bank transfer, check...etc to purchase the Storiqa token.  So, there is absolutely no reason for them to be requesting KYC....our bank accounts were in no way connected to the purchases.  When we do interact with a regulated FINANCIAL INSTITUTION, then that institution will request KYC ---> not some random anonymous entity hiding behind a cloudflare proxy ---> an insured or bonded, regulated, and licensed FINANCIAL INSTITUTION.  Do you see the problem?

And, no they didn't fully outsource the KYC---> our information first goes thru the "Storiqa" site (https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/tokensale.storiqa.com), then from Storiqa to "ICObox (https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/icobox.io), then from "ICObox" to (PRESUMABLY ---> because that's what they TELL US) to "Onfido" (https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/onfido.com).  So, all three of those sites have access to our information....AND two of the three are flagged  "HIGH RISK!"

What if they used your information to open accounts to launder money to sanctioned countries or terrorists?  Then, you would be the person indicted and held to answer in court....see the problem? 

CreateCrypto

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:21:30 PM

Identity phishing SCAM.
plastick (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 12:50:12 AM

Well now we KNOW it was a scam. Storiqa disappeared with all investor funds. What I find incredibly suspect is the fact they were emailing everyone who had an account on the site asking for personal details right before they disappeared. What are they up to with all this information?

Also check this out, class action lawsuit against Storiqa.
https://ico-class-action.org/class-actions/storiqa
bitcoinXavy

Activity: 114

View Profile
June 11, 2020, 01:13:16 PM

Well now we KNOW it was a scam. Storiqa disappeared with all investor funds. What I find incredibly suspect is the fact they were emailing everyone who had an account on the site asking for personal details right before they disappeared. What are they up to with all this information?

Also check this out, class action lawsuit against Storiqa.
https://ico-class-action.org/class-actions/storiqa

STQ REBRAND AS SWYFT. THEY SWAP 10000 STQ FOR 1 SWYFT. MAKE MARKET SMALL AND THEN DUMP MORE EVERYDAY. MIKE HARVARD IS NEED TO BE TAKEN TO COURT. PLEASE HELP US.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: