Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:48:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon Chip Order 24th June. Refund Requested on August 4th, 2013 no response.  (Read 3268 times)
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 07:44:00 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 05:48:06 AM by Bicknellski

You gotta be kidding me?

You have not provided ANY evidence you have the chips you are late on orders still after JUNE 1 and you want to give refunds up to that point. Not going to fly. Refund everyone that has requested it. There is some arbitrary refund there do you not think? Given you are late to deliver to those who ordered AFTER June 1st what makes you think that will be good enough? This will get very ugly. Where is our $70,000 time to call the authorities again. The first FBI threat wasn't enough to get your attention?

Avalon ASIC Chips Shipping, Refunds, and Status Update
View this email in your browser
Avalon ASIC
Chips Delivery Update, September Edition

Due to events outside of our control, the delivery of chips have been delayed so far. While the situation are improving and chips are shipping, we have ultimately decided to revert our policy on no refunds and offer the option for customers to request a full refund(in bitcoin) if so desired.

The link to the request form is below, please note this only applies to orders made earlier than June 1st.

In other news, for those who decided to wait or wish to know more about delivery schedule will be glad to note we are receiving a batch of 400,000+ chips on Wednesday, with that we expect to be in good shape for meeting the upcoming deadlines of chip deliveries for orders made in June and later.

In addition, we hope to wrap up generation one, finish shipping the chips, construct the modules and build the 2 module Avalon mini, put this pre-order mess behind us in general and switch gear into 55nm production, tape out generation 3, and start work on improving chip design for generation 4. Only sell what we can produce in a day on the assembly line, and only what's in stock.

Request Refund

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fpgaminer

Activity: 560
Merit: 517

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 07:54:28 PM

Do you know what a shit-barometer is Bubbles? It measures the shit-pressure in the air, listen Bubs you hear that? The sounds of the whispering winds of shit

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:10:17 PM

Do you know what a shit-barometer is Bubbles? It measures the shit-pressure in the air, listen Bubs you hear that? The sounds of the whispering winds of shit

hard lols. I miss those shows.

Vires in numeris
fasmax

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:11:01 PM

Does this mean if you ordered chips after Jun1 they are going to ship them to you on Wednesday?

Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:13:31 PM

Does this mean if you ordered chips after Jun1 they are going to ship them to you on Wednesday?

Ya sure they will. SARCASM.

They are late for those June 2nd and late up to late June.

No evidence they have chips and given they have yet to respond to any communications via email, phone, support ticket directly our group is of the right mind to just call the feds. Enough screwing around with these jokers time to get legal on them.

http://www.ag.ny.gov/consumer-frauds/Filing-a-Consumer-Complaint
http://www.ag.ny.gov/internet/online-forms

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 08:27:54 PM

He is offering you chips ASAP or a refund, what more do you want :/ If they're delayed further I'm sure he will refund. If you don't trust his word, then you shouldn't have ordered off him in the first place.

BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:33:15 PM

what? with lead time of 8-10 weeks agreed upon ordering, some orders made after june are not even suppose to ship yet, why would we offer refund for them.

it simply says since chips are arriving, we believe we will be on time, if not, a new refund form will be made.

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:39:39 PM

what? with lead time of 8-10 weeks agreed upon ordering, some orders made after june are not even suppose to ship yet, why would we offer refund for them.

it simply says since chips are arriving, we believe we will be on time, if not, a new refund form will be made.

Yifu... Start at June 1st and count ten weeks (and then check today's date).  10 weeks on my calendar is June 23rd.
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:41:16 PM

Yifu... Start at June 1st and count ten weeks.

I'm aware, I was commenting on him in particular, his order is made on june 24th, I'm not even behind yet.

also there's a typo, the form says 15th, which is exactly 2 and half months ago from today.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 08:51:08 PM

Yifu just keep doing what you're doing, all these complaints are just wasting their own time. You're fulfilling your legal duties and fulfilling orders to the best of your ability unless proven otherwise. Apart from the B3 refunds which was a 'it happens' script error. I personally lost 5 figures on B3, but hey what can you do.

jspielberg

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:51:17 PM

I don't have any chip orders and you refunded my batch 3 Avalon's (much appreciated BTW!), but if you ordered on the 22nd of June, your ten weeks ended today. You might want to push the calendar typo a bit farther to June 23rd to avoid the bitchfest.

Obviously, just a suggestion.

Kind regard.
Tursk

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:52:23 PM

Yifu... Start at June 1st and count ten weeks.

I'm aware, I was commenting on him in particular, his order is made on june 24th, I'm not even behind yet.

also there's a typo, the form says 15th, which is exactly 2 and half months ago from today.

Still eleven weeks ago.

Roll again?

superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:54:49 PM

Yifu just keep doing what you're doing ........... I personally lost 5 figures on B3, but hey what can you do.

that's why noone should listen to anything you say from now on

- fyi, if yifu released the manufacturing info from TSMC showing what's actually going on i'm sure he may gain his respect somewhat back. this info will likely come out with his assistance or without.
if it's not his fault people are more forgiving. his image and his reputation going into the future is in his own hands. to improve his chi and mend thigns with the community - only the truth can save him some dignity

ok
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 09:07:17 PM

Yifu just keep doing what you're doing, all these complaints are just wasting their own time. You're fulfilling your legal duties and fulfilling orders to the best of your ability unless proven otherwise. Apart from the B3 refunds which was a 'it happens' script error. I personally lost 5 figures on B3, but hey what can you do.
Sell ASICMiner hardware to fools and make it back?

(Sorry, it was begging to be typed)

Yifu just keep doing what you're doing ........... I personally lost 5 figures on B3, but hey what can you do.

- fyi, if yifu released the manufacturing info from TSMC showing what's actually going on i'm sure he may gain his respect somewhat back. this info will likely come out with his assistance or without.
if it's not his fault people are more forgiving. his image and his reputation going into the future is in his own hands. to improve his chi and mend thigns with the community - only the truth can save him some dignity
His Chi?

Is he in need of spiritual body repairs?
AdamKD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 10:03:40 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2013, 10:25:49 PM by AdamKD

100% agree on this.  Dogie has contributed the weirdest posts (tape up you Avalon for better air flow?  ... ok!  selling B1/B2 Avalons for 150+btc? ... ok! B3 with B2/B1 'incompatibility'? ... ok! there's more but not worth the effort of noting) and is borderline ignore-list worthy.

The only reason this user is defensive of Yifu appears to be because of his receipt of B1 Avalon(s?).

With regards to Avalon I'm unhappy with their 'no bullshit' policy.  By offering refunds Avalon (BitSyncom LLC) is admitting that the 'no bullshit'  policy was a bunch of bullshit.  It's not that chip refunds aren't acceptable; they are just borderline acceptable (At most you'll make 750-800 btc from mining now using 10k Avalon chips -- that's before you start to mine for 1 btc per week ... so unless btc value increases you're not even breaking even btc wise due to power costs - if Yifu disagrees with this assertion I'd love to see his explanation.  The 750 btc was aa very fair price when they were on sale with the 9-10 week deadline.).  For most people, as far as I'm aware, the chips are 40-60% of the cost.  Everything else is the other 40-60% of the cost.  The weakest link here is Avalon - can they now call all the other suppliers for everyone to offer refunds?

Furthermore, as superduh noted, Avalon has provided no evidence of what went wrong nor has provided evidence to disprove other's allegations.  All we're hearing are excuses after excuses and a 'no bullshit policy' becoming 'pure bullshit'.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 10:06:48 PM

this stupid chinese kid isn't still in prison for this global fraud with hundreds of affected people? fucking incredible
andrei.u

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 10:17:20 PM

The stupid american old-man (owner of BFL) is not yet in prison ?
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 10:21:29 PM

The stupid american old-man (owner of BFL) is not yet in prison ?

no, same shit as this prick
jspielberg

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 10:23:20 PM

If Bitsyncom can rid of the stupid high 10,000 order limit and ship with a 3 day turnaround time the price per gigahash is still cheaper than bitfury.

Avalon chip == .3 GH/s for .078 BTC = .3/.078 = 3.8 GH/BTC
Bitfury chip == 2.5 GH/s for 1 BTC =  2.5/1      = 2.5 GH/BTC

That being said, the avalon chips are toxic because the initial outlay of 10,000 chips is crazy, and there is no guarantee that you will receive your chips, while MBP and BFSB have demonstrated actual availability.

I think for Avalon to be taken seriously as a chip producer, they would need to start showing a track record of delivery and reduce their minimum chip commitment by at least two orders of magnitude.

Edit: As well as track record of delivery, they need to match MBP and BFSB on customer service.  If the delivery requirement was a long shot, the last requirement may as well throw in the towel.  The bitfury dudes have raised the bar for what customer service looks like, and Bitsyn.com has a long long way to go to catch up.  Low prices are low customer service aren't going to cut it when there are other options.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 11:00:28 PM

I want to catch the Yifu and give his bum the drilling of a life time
we will have a steamy romp whereby i will force my anaconda like whopper into his bum

Actual ROFLs. Actual.

Vires in numeris
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: