Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:43:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ROBO] CPU Mineable PoW Coin | Mac/PC/Linux Wallets  (Read 5552 times)
roboproject (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 11:19:44 PM

The project is excellent! The wallet and mining work! Good luck!

Thank You!
happenZ

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:21:27 PM

Thank You!

Any roadmap dev, or isn't this a serious project for you ?
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 11:26:33 PM

What are the purpose of your coin? Are you going to have a crowdsale or an airdrop? You said that it is created as a companion to Bitcoin and Litecoin, in what way? How could it be possible, you didn't even bother to include informations here in your ANN thread?

Purpose:  make my own coin and hopefully get it listed. nothing less nothing more

Probably no airdrop crowdsale unless it's required to get listed

Companion: Looking back that is a bit confusing.  I've updated the title.  ROBO derives directly from BTC, similar to what litecoin did... that's all

Could what be possible? CPU mining?  - Essential RPC commands that external miners need has been removed.
True_Felek666

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:40:48 PM

Dev ya plan on making a blockchain?
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 12:07:51 AM

Dev ya plan on making a blockchain?

A blockchain explorer?  Yes I do intend on setting up an online chain explorer.
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 12:21:43 AM

Thank You!

Any roadmap dev, or isn't this a serious project for you ?

Definitely a serious project for me.  I don't intend on adding major new features from bitcoin core so there isn't much of a roadmap to speak of.  The heavy lifting is done already.

Some goals though: get listed on an exchange, get listed on coin market cap, build a blockchain explorer, discourage ASIC mining, incorporate stable changes from bitcoin public releases, fix reported issues by users.

Over time, I'll be developing an alternate Wallet GUI with JUCE, but it won't add anything new to the backend.  It'll look cooler and probably include a built-in block explorer and push button mining.
q5503162

Activity: 207

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:02:33 AM

It can not stop ASCI
How to mine with CPU=.=
ThemonkiiX

Activity: 233

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:33:02 AM

So, we could only mined using wallet?

I feel interesting that every time I mined the same amount of 50 coins.

It seems like the bounty of block, however, how could I really mine the coin?
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 03:55:26 AM

It can not stop ASCI
How to mine with CPU=.=

ASICs need the RPC commands  getblocktemplate and submitblock which have been removed from the code. good luck to ASICs!

How to Mine:  roboproject.org/mining
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 04:01:54 AM

So, we could only mined using wallet?

I feel interesting that every time I mined the same amount of 50 coins.

It seems like the bounty of block, however, how could I really mine the coin?

It works the exact same as bitcoin and litecoin.  50.0 payout with 420,000 block halving interval.  once we reach block 420000, payout cuts in half to 25.0,  then again at 840000 to 12.5... and so on.  Only difference between ROBO and BTC in this regard is BTC's halving interval is 210,000 blocks
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 04:28:46 AM

Attention All: If you noticed that the blockchain has slowed way down... here's what I think happened.  Somebody came along with server grade equipment, mined to fast, jacked up the difficulty, then abruptly stopped mining leaving us all with normal computer at a 100.0 difficulty.  Could be wrong, can't really say who or what caused the difficulty spike.  Was it malicious?  don't know...

I'm looking into changing the difficulty retarget interval so that we won't get stuck like this in the future.  I'll post here with any news about that.
Vikhy

Activity: 387
Merit: 13

1ndiaSPqmqRUBXK79chY9Merz5AZrSu6y

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 07:26:38 AM

We need a mining pool soon.

░▒▓█  x42 Protocol ░▒▓█ ▬ Feeless ▬Smart Contracts▬ C#▬ Proof-Of-Stake  ▬ Sidechains ▬ dApps ▬
Our website! Whitepaper! Twitter! Facebook! Reddit! Discord!Telegram!
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 10:46:00 AM

Let's not jump to that conclusion yet.  Opening the door to mining pools also opens the door to ASICs (i think)
pauls11

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:45:29 AM

exchange ? price in btc now ?
liamgreen

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 02:58:06 AM

Let's not jump to that conclusion yet.  Opening the door to mining pools also opens the door to ASICs (i think)

Yeah, it does. I'd like there to be a mining pool but like you say it would open the floodgates and before we know it there would be no coins left to mine. So many people with ASIC miners lying around. Myself included just waiting for a new coin to launch so we can hammer it and then move on. If this coin doesn't get a pool and mining is via the wallet it's self it stops the flood gates from opening.

Also,

Just playing around with it. So the Wallet CPU mining.. Do I need coins in there to mine or can I mine with an empty wallet? Also, how do I know how many coins I've mined etc...
lipton

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:03:11 AM

So no pool available than only CPU mining for now.   Roll Eyes
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 06:06:52 AM

CPU mining forever if at all possible.  I've made some changes which will retarget difficulty every 4 blocks instead of every 1440 blocks.  And also have added some safe gaurds so when difficulty spikes, it'll reset itself ever so often.
liamgreen

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 06:08:12 AM

CPU mining forever if at all possible.  I've made some changes which will retarget difficulty every 4 blocks instead of every 1440 blocks.  And also have added some safe gaurds so when difficulty spikes, it'll reset itself ever so often.

Do I need coins in my wallet to mine? Also is there a way for me to see upto date info about how much i've mined etc?
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 06:16:07 AM

Yeah, it does. I'd like there to be a mining pool but like you say it would open the floodgates and before we know it there would be no coins left to mine. So many people with ASIC miners lying around. Myself included just waiting for a new coin to launch so we can hammer it and then move on. If this coin doesn't get a pool and mining is via the wallet it's self it stops the flood gates from opening.

Also,

Just playing around with it. So the Wallet CPU mining.. Do I need coins in there to mine or can I mine with an empty wallet? Also, how do I know how many coins I've mined etc...

Not necessarily, why should ROBO conform to the same strategy as every other project in existence?  I've made changes to the PoW difficulty calculations and retargeting that will allow us to break free from such spikes.  Going to make a detailed announcement about that later tonight.

And if what I think will be a solution doesn't work... Well then I'll just have to open up the doors to ASICs and Pool mining.  I want to avoid that because some of us enjoy mining for the sport.  Pools and ASICs completely ruin that for 99% of people who are into this stuff.

You can start mining with 0 coins.  Problem is right now is difficulty spiked to 100 and won't correct for another couple hundred blocks.
liamgreen

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 06:20:55 AM

I'm open to not having it open to ASIC miners etc.

Well i'll fire up my wallet and get mining Smiley

(Is there a way for me to see mining info in my wallet like you get when you mine with a pool or 'normal' miner software)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: