Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:00:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ROBO] CPU Mineable PoW Coin | Mac/PC/Linux Wallets  (Read 5547 times)
roboproject (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 03:55:14 AM

I see a couple of options. 

1. Go for the gold.  Let's open it up and compete with the other coins that use this algorithm.  You seem to have heart and love the game so this could be an option especially if you have a bunch of us that will back the coin.

2. Implement a multi algo approach such as Digibyte. 

I know this stuff is hard to do.  In 2014-15 I started a coin that was a clone of Mintcoin called Cornerstonecoin.  The community can be harsh and I gave up.  However, what you have started could gain steam.  I also know you are doing this for the fun of it and your love of the concept.  If you really want it to succeed, it will.  Personally, I would go with something similar to option 1.  What have you got to lose at this point?

Option 1 would be alot easier.  I think I'd want to tweak the PoW, or just completely revert it back.  Otherwise, difficulty is gonna pulse like a saw tooth wave forever!!!!

There is some cool stuff I want to do with just the UI and daemon interaction anyway.
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 04:02:33 AM

cpu minable in sha256 roflmao!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy...  Cry

It was a good try anyway.  I just hope some of you guys out there with normal computers got some rewards.
senbojiaju

Activity: 83

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:08:03 AM

"blocks": 13811,
  "currentblockweight": 0,
  "currentblocktx": 0,
  "difficulty": 32768,
  "errors": "",
  "networkhashps": 172264091023.0396,
  "pooledtx": 0,
  "chain": "main"

CPU cannot be mining
kinggg!

Activity: 118

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:12:45 AM

{
  "blocks": 13811,
  "currentblockweight": 4000,
  "currentblocktx": 0,
  "difficulty": 32768,
  "networkhashps": 172264091023.0396,
  "pooledtx": 0,

this project sound interesting but wooooo about the difficulty....sometimes it go at 0.5 sometimes at 32k.  according to the nethasrate, some people must be very interested to put so many miners inside this coin. but for simples users, such difficulty is just to huge. i will let my computer some days for robocoin, and will decide later if i will continue or search another cpu coin. btw thanks for the devs for his fast reply. hasrate shows that its not cpu who can mine surch huge hasrate.
kinggg!

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:15:35 AM

cpu minable in sha256 roflmao!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy...  Cry

It was a good try anyway.  I just hope some of you guys out there with normal computers got some rewards.

i have a simple computer, and "old" amd 8300 eight core, and have founded 6 blocks , but since the difficuty increase so high, i think it will not be mineable for me.
senbojiaju

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:20:01 AM

ASCI joined the mining???
senbojiaju

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:25:09 AM

“networkhashps”:172264091023.0396,
CPU is impossible to achieve,Only ASCI joined the mining!
senbojiaju

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:33:20 AM

Now I stopped mining, thank you very much for the efforts and quick responses of the developers.
I will continue to focus on the development of this project.
talk bi

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:42:47 AM

i really interested to mining project basic, but i cant do that. there is no bounty for this project?
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 04:59:16 AM

Unfortunately this project will have to open up in the traditional way for ASICs and others.  That's ok, I'd rather see it live on than die.  

Note to all, I'm going to adjust the PoW scheduling to react better with ASIC level hashing.  It'll be more or less the same as it is now with less extreme difficulty adjustments.  And... as with the 0.15.2, this next release will be a mandatory update.  I'll keep the board well informed of the status.
liamgreen

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 05:12:09 AM

Well as soon as it's on a pool i'll be mining it for sure.
grafbcm

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:40:44 AM

so its ASIC coin isnt it?
gazzer

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:51:54 AM

Well it was fun while it lasted.
I may be showing my ignorance here, but for a brief while I got mining transactions (in the recent transactions panel) up until 10pm (UK time) and then it all stopped. But none of them showed up on my balance

What does it mean ?

PS it was a good experiment and it proved that CPU only could not be done this way, so it was a success in that way
Mr.merson

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:54:51 AM

cpu minable in sha256 roflmao!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy...  Cry

It was a good try anyway.  I just hope some of you guys out there with normal computers got some rewards.

i have a simple computer, and "old" amd 8300 eight core, and have founded 6 blocks , but since the difficuty increase so high, i think it will not be mineable for me.

It would be interesting that more dev, will add algorithm to the mine such as yescriptr16, yescript, "scrypt: 1048576"

if it's mineable, but if an asic goes into the game, it will destroy without much effort the miners cpu´s of the chain

Good luck to you all  Smiley
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:06:41 AM

Unfortunately this project will have to open up in the traditional way for ASICs and others.  That's ok, I'd rather see it live on than die.  

Note to all, I'm going to adjust the PoW scheduling to react better with ASIC level hashing.  It'll be more or less the same as it is now with less extreme difficulty adjustments.  And... as with the 0.15.2, this next release will be a mandatory update.  I'll keep the board well informed of the status.

No No NO! To ASICS...
Please don't do that.
That makes this coin no different from every other broken ASIC coin....please stick with the plan.
If people don't want to stay, fine, let them go, but enough people will stay to mine coin.
It only needs 2 people to actually keep coin alive, and from there it can grow steadily over time.
Please try and limit back to cpu only via wallet only...if you do, your coin will stand alone against a tide of sh*t coins...
Give it a chance...as they say Rome wasn't built in a day
J
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:09:38 AM

cpu minable in sha256 roflmao!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy...  Cry

It was a good try anyway.  I just hope some of you guys out there with normal computers got some rewards.

It would be interesting that more dev, will add algorithm to the mine such as yescriptr16, yescript, "scrypt: 1048576"

if it's mineable, but if an asic goes into the game, it will destroy without much effort the miners cpu´s of the chain

Good luck to you all  Smiley

The only issue with these algos, is they are all better mined with gpu...and pools
Much better if dev can somehow lock this to wallet only and cpu only...
J
PotatoPants

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:12:28 AM

No No NO! To ASICS...
Please don't do that.
That makes this coin no different from every other broken ASIC coin....please stick with the plan.
If people don't want to stay, fine, let them go, but enough people will stay to mine coin.
It only needs 2 people to actually keep coin alive, and from there it can grow steadily over time.
Please try and limit back to cpu only via wallet only...if you do, your coin will stand alone against a tide of sh*t coins...
J

I tend to agree.
Is the fact that it's hard to mine really a bad thing?
liamgreen

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 09:52:21 AM

No No NO! To ASICS...
Please don't do that.
J

I tend to agree.

If the dev can somehow have it so it works via wallet mining etc only. I'm more than happy to put my time into mining this coin and having wallet open and could even host a node if needed if it's easy enough to set up a node for the wallet.
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 12:23:31 PM

No No NO! To ASICS...
Please don't do that.
J

I tend to agree.

Its not so much about the "hardness to mine", but more about the "fairness to mine".
If the coin remains only cpu and wallet bound then potentially virtually anyone can mine it with a simple home pc and have a good chance of winning a block, although the hashrate might be quite high, each miner will have a similar hashrate, maybe half or double some one elses but that's about all.
The second you can rpc, then you can either "solo pool " multiple pcs or worse start to use gpus, then the ratio to a guy using 1 Celeron 1 core vs 1 guy with 6 gpus becomes enormous, so all small miners are virtually killed...
The problem them explodes the second ASICS can mine. Although at that stage pools help, by allowing the small guy a chance to submit some shares the earmings are too low. So i'm all for any coin that is locked to wallet mining.
As for the current, massive hash day1, exchange day2, dump day3...I am mining several coins where they total nethash is around 2-10K, and there are only 20-50 miners worldwide, only on 1-2 exchanges and yet we are all making substantial money, so I like the slow burners that take a while to get established...for me mining is a cheap, long term hobby, and every so often you get lucky. (I made a huge amount of 1 random coin where in 3 hours I mined 5000 coins, at 2 sats, 4 months later they went to 22,000 sats...that to me is what mining is really about, randomness, fun and luck) I have no interest in sweating every MHz or .001% price change every second....just be a sloth, it works great Smiley Btw, living in the UK with very exp electricity, I have never made a penny joining the ratrace, but the example I have given is just one my about 50 random coins that have given great rewards...but all pure luck, that's why I mine over 400 coins currently. You never know which might be a good one so give them all a chance.
J

The problem is that somebody went against the grain and re-enabled RPC commands getblocktemplate and submitblock in a custom build.  They obviously don't see how popular this could be.... and that's a crying shame.

The only way I know of to prevent that is to make this closed source... but that violates many open source licenses... not willing to do that.  Could swap the algo, but even then ASICS will come in eventually... look at X11.  My specialty is audio programing and DSP which I do for a living.  So figuring out some crazy crypto algorithm isn't exactly my cup of tea... it'll take some major RND on my part to implement a new algorithm.

So IDK, I'm going to keep thinking about where to go.  I'm fully aware that opening up the RPC commands in the official build will kill interest of the project.  But if I don't do it, then there's a small group of mega hashers sucking down all the rewards.  At least re-enabling RPC will let others easily join the mega hashing party.

ASIC guys: the more you mine with your custom setup... the more you are killing the future value of this project. - So either you're in it to see success, or your in it to be greedy... the latter isn't going to make you or any of us any real money with ROBO... so good luck with that.
kinggg!

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:25:11 PM

Note to all, I'm going to adjust the PoW scheduling to react better with ASIC level hashing.  It'll be more or less the same as it is now with less extreme difficulty adjustments.  And... as with the 0.15.2, this next release will be a mandatory update.  I'll keep the board well informed of the status.

No No NO! To ASICS...
Please don't do that.
J

I tend to agree.

If the dev can somehow have it so it works via wallet mining etc only. I'm more than happy to put my time into mining this coin and having wallet open and could even host a node if needed if it's easy enough to set up a node for the wallet.
total agrre no asic please but the initial idea was good but sha means asic so.... i will let my pc mining and will see.

{
  "blocks": 14031,
  "currentblockweight": 4900,
  "currentblocktx": 1,
  "difficulty": 231473.3310863087,
  "networkhashps": 365652529055.8644,
  "pooledtx": 1,
}
can you lock only for wallet, pools are horrible for simples miners.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: