Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:17:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ROBO] CPU Mineable PoW Coin | Mac/PC/Linux Wallets  (Read 5552 times)
roboproject (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 03:07:49 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 03:29:29 PM by roboproject

Unfortunately this project will have to open up in the traditional way for ASICs and others.  That's ok, I'd rather see it live on than die.  

Note to all, I'm going to adjust the PoW scheduling to react better with ASIC level hashing.  It'll be more or less the same as it is now with less extreme difficulty adjustments.  And... as with the 0.15.2, this next release will be a mandatory update.  I'll keep the board well informed of the status.

No No NO! To ASICS...
Please don't do that.
That makes this coin no different from every other broken ASIC coin....please stick with the plan.
If people don't want to stay, fine, let them go, but enough people will stay to mine coin.
It only needs 2 people to actually keep coin alive, and from there it can grow steadily over time.
Please try and limit back to cpu only via wallet only...if you do, your coin will stand alone against a tide of sh*t coins...
Give it a chance...as they say Rome wasn't built in a day
J

I tend to agree.
Is the fact that it's hard to mine really a bad thing?

If the dev can somehow have it so it works via wallet mining etc only. I'm more than happy to put my time into mining this coin and having wallet open and could even host a node if needed if it's easy enough to set up a node for the wallet.
total agrre no asic please but the initial idea was good but sha means asic so.... i will let my pc mining and will see.

{
  "blocks": 14031,
  "currentblockweight": 4900,
  "currentblocktx": 1,
  "difficulty": 231473.3310863087,
  "errors": "",
  "networkhashps": 365652529055.8644,
  "pooledtx": 1,
  "chain": "main"
}
can you lock only for wallet, pools are horrible for simples miners.

The code does limit wallet only mining. but somebody has created a custom build which brings back RPC commands needed for ASIC mining.  Whomever did this is destroying the future value of ROBO ...  still thinking about how to overcome this.  Swapping out the algorithm might be the only option, but it's going to take a good amount of time for me to learn crypto-programing.

If any crypto devs are out there... I'm up for ideas on ASIC resistance.  Think outside of the box!  If we can figure this out, it'll be a game changer... ASIC person, I really wish you could see the massive potential here.

High level ideas:
 - block-submission throttling (e.g. even if an asic infiltrates, the network would reject blocks when they come in to fast)
 - hash-rate throttling
    - geared toward the CPU miner.
    - adjust local hashrate one-by-one so all nodes on the network have an equal shot an solving a block.
 - devise validations on blocks that fail when they are submitted externally
    - even possible?  I have no clue at this point.

Don't know if any of that will come to light, just some thoughts I've had since yesterday.  Request for input from other developers.
kapshub

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:42:59 PM

Can you look into the license terms of the original source code (MIT I guess), maybe you could include a closed source code in there.
Or somehow use multiple algos which switch depending on certain criteria.
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:06:37 PM

Can you look into the license terms of the original source code (MIT I guess), maybe you could include a closed source code in there.

Thats one i was thinking of too. I know that the source has to be open for most exchanges to accept coin, but can it not be closed initially?
Also up for hash capping if possible...workout whata decent AMD/INTEL desktop pc hashes at, and allow no more than double...for example.
gazzer

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:26:33 PM

My two pence worth
To me it looks like to me what ever you do some one is going to mod your code and use ASICs etc.
So is it possible to limit the rate at which a wallet can register new coins. The only way to do this is use code they can not modify, for example if all the other wallets to do some checking on the block chain and if a wallet is claiming mined coins to soon after the last one it should be rejected by all the wallets. After all CPU only mining will be much much slower and will have a max rate.

Also is it possible to restart the whole block chain, after any changes are made, as this anti-social ASIC minor will be sitting on a large pre-mined pile of coins.

To the ASIC minor - You have effectively forked this coin, and as such you should have used a different name
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 04:36:33 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 04:46:48 PM by roboproject

Thats one i was thinking of too. I know that the source has to be open for most exchanges to accept coin, but can it not be closed initially?
Also up for hash capping if possible...workout whata decent AMD/INTEL desktop pc hashes at, and allow no more than double...for example.

BTC code = MIT, Qt = LGPL, both use other open source libraries covered under the same or different licenses.  It's not that cut and dry unfortunately.

I know that throttling would work, but somehow the network needs to validate it on a node/block basis (or something).  Otherwise our ASIC pals will just do the same thing they did with RPC commands.  If nodes, especially full nodes, can determine if a block was generated outside of the internal wallet code, then all it has to do is reject the block and ban the node which submitted the block. <---- another hypothetical idea.
Bsteck

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:39:43 PM

Unfortunately this project will have to open up in the traditional way for ASICs and others.  That's ok, I'd rather see it live on than die.  

Note to all, I'm going to adjust the PoW scheduling to react better with ASIC level hashing.  It'll be more or less the same as it is now with less extreme difficulty adjustments.  And... as with the 0.15.2, this next release will be a mandatory update.  I'll keep the board well informed of the status.

No No NO! To ASICS...
Please don't do that.
That makes this coin no different from every other broken ASIC coin....please stick with the plan.
If people don't want to stay, fine, let them go, but enough people will stay to mine coin.
It only needs 2 people to actually keep coin alive, and from there it can grow steadily over time.
Please try and limit back to cpu only via wallet only...if you do, your coin will stand alone against a tide of sh*t coins...
Give it a chance...as they say Rome wasn't built in a day
J

I tend to agree.
Is the fact that it's hard to mine really a bad thing?

If the dev can somehow have it so it works via wallet mining etc only. I'm more than happy to put my time into mining this coin and having wallet open and could even host a node if needed if it's easy enough to set up a node for the wallet.
total agrre no asic please but the initial idea was good but sha means asic so.... i will let my pc mining and will see.

{
  "blocks": 14031,
  "currentblockweight": 4900,
  "currentblocktx": 1,
  "difficulty": 231473.3310863087,
  "networkhashps": 365652529055.8644,
  "pooledtx": 1,
}
can you lock only for wallet, pools are horrible for simples miners.

The code does limit wallet only mining. but somebody has created a custom build which brings back RPC commands needed for ASIC mining.  Whomever did this is destroying the future value of ROBO ...  still thinking about how to overcome this.  Swapping out the algorithm might be the only option, but it's going to take a good amount of time for me to learn crypto-programing.

If any crypto devs are out there... I'm up for ideas on ASIC resistance.  Think outside of the box!  If we can figure this out, it'll be a game changer... ASIC person, I really wish you could see the massive potential here.

High level ideas:
 - block-submission throttling (e.g. even if an asic infiltrates, the network would reject blocks when they come in to fast)
 - hash-rate throttling
    - geared toward the CPU miner.
    - adjust local hashrate one-by-one so all nodes on the network have an equal shot an solving a block.
 - devise validations on blocks that fail when they are submitted externally
    - even possible?  I have no clue at this point.

Don't know if any of that will come to light, just some thoughts I've had since yesterday.  Request for input from other developers.

Hey dev check out https://roi-coin.com/about-roi-coin, may give you some ideas, the ROI devs are very friendly, talk to them on Discord: https://discord.gg/ruhSp4e
DassKass

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:03:11 PM

I'll have to think about where to go next. My brain hurts!
Understand you, but what wallet do you prefer more?
kinggg!

Activity: 118

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:59:39 PM

"blocks": 14516,
  "currentblockweight": 4000,
  "currentblocktx": 0,
  "difficulty": 908106.801590743,
  "networkhashps": 5329237777407.467,
  "pooledtx": 0,
}

owwwww soon diff 1million...and networkhashrate go beyond jupiter. not sure i will let my pc mining robo core Sad its sad, this token sound good.
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 02:02:01 AM

}

owwwww soon diff 1million...and networkhashrate go beyond jupiter. not sure i will let my pc mining robo core Sad its sad, this token sound good.

We're down, but not out.  Heads up, probably going to reset the block chain and relaunch.  I think it's early enough that it would be ok do so.  What do you guys think?
kinggg!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:15:32 AM

}

We're down, but not out.  Heads up, probably going to reset the block chain and relaunch.  I think it's early enough that it would be ok do so.  What do you guys think?

its you the dev, i cant say you what to do, i dont know how to create a coin. im not give up with robocore, but difficulty is now very rush. when you said reset and relaunch that means all coins mined will be lost, is that right? if you relaunch a "new" robo core, pm a mail, i have start a coin's project with a much better idea, maybe we can cooperate.
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 02:29:50 AM

Also is it possible to restart the whole block chain, after any changes are made, as this anti-social ASIC minor will be sitting on a large pre-mined pile of coins.

IMHO, yes, yes it is.  see my post before this one.  I'm going to need some time to figure out how to actually pull this off.  You mentioned nodes checking timestamps of previous blocks.  I agree that's a good place to start... the problem is blocks don't include data about the node that generated it.  In a real world setting miner A and miner B could both generate a block within microseconds of each other... in that case the block should be accepted, but if from the same source node reject it, ban it.

The way I see it extra data needs embedded into the block chain so that all peers can perform validations against the node which solved the block.  Problem is, again, how to ensure a hacker doesn't randomize identifier information?  

Low level cryptography and network security aren't my expertise. It'll take a good amount of time for me to figure it out.. unless somebody else could point me in the right direction.
jiang2897

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 03:34:31 AM

The earliest time dug more than ten thousand, is it? ? ? ? ?
SixFigures

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:26:41 AM

Here is my background: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=584550.0

Either you are in or you are out. 

In: The coin will survive.

Out: (like me) The coin will die a slow death. 

Let us know so we, as a small community, can offer support.

Good Luck!

Are you part of the dev team or why are you sharing info about yourself at this point?

anh7nho

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:37:09 AM

Hi DEV. My wallet is out of sync. help me
kinggg!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:29:09 PM

Hi DEV. My wallet is out of sync. help me
have you download the new wallet RoboCore-0.15.2-x64-setup or using 0.15.1. mine works fine.
jiang2897

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 03:41:32 PM

Is it hanging like this?
TempestEikyuu

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:43:28 PM

Diff down to 8

"blocks": 15649,
  "difficulty": 7.965919817367903,
  "networkhashps": 521346882309.4955,
kinggg!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:09:29 PM

Diff down to 8

"blocks": 15649,
  "difficulty": 7.965919817367903,
  "networkhashps": 521346882309.4955,
yeah but im not sure it is so good cause watch of the hasrate! with a low difficuty thoses who asic mine robo must earn a lot of tokens. thats not good for simples miners with cpu, the networkhash is too huge. impossible to have some fair mining, only one, two or tree personns will have at least 3/4 of the tokens.
TempestEikyuu

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:17:58 PM

Networkhash way down. Asic miner gone away?

"blocks": 15736,
  "difficulty": 77.09610267863297,
  "networkhashps": 126637028.8240371,
stanleybg

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:53:23 PM

I have a lot of ORPHANS. 50% and may be more.What is wrong ?
Thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: