Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:09:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FB prohibits ICO advertisements !!!  (Read 427 times)
clarkt

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:45:52 AM

ICO advertisement is all over my feed!  Sometimes people take another people opinion and make it a sensation. Such opinion is now considered as news which in fact has nothing to do with official statement from FB!

redblock

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:46:49 AM

Some ico advertisers use cloackers, so fb can't see what they are actually advertising there. Good cloackers are expensive, but that's not an issue in the crypto world.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:47:41 AM

There are many companies that are base on Cryptocurrency and I really think that it will not be possible to block each and every Advertisement that are particularly about Cryptocurrency if facebook would ban all Cryptocurrency advertisement, they would need to ban all advertisement on Facebook and when they do that I think that would cut of the opportunity to profit for the developer of facebook.
Payapa

Activity: 138
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:02:57 PM

Well, it's not surprising that they'll take it out. I guess they have something in mind, like having their own ICO in the future. We'll never actually know, but for now, let's just stick to FB's rules. I also noticed that, since I also get some ICO ads on my feed back then. I noticed recently that they're being reduced day by day.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:44:19 PM

I think that if a very good move done by them because most of the projects that were advertised there were scams.
This is a good thing for crypto because those adv were mostly for scamming people who have no experience in crypto and are easy to scam. They only brought bad publicity for us.
Facebook has a lot of updates regarding fake news, fake advertising and fake accounts because they are aware that they are a big channel of distribution of information and they have a great responsability (" With great power come great responsability" - guess the author  Grin Grin ).
They had a growth of over 42% last year (comparable with some crypto coins).

I don't think that it is really a "very good move" because there are advantages and disadvantages with this move. It is because not all ICOs that is being promoted on Facebook are scams. The scams only affect the legit ICOs in a way that people won't believe ICO promotions because of their experience with fake ICOs. This move also affects legit Facebook campaigns.

Hellobx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:54:28 PM

Facebook's ban on new ICO ads is bad news.
Investors in the entire cryptocurrency market have recently started to lose confidence, and the whole market is turning red and there is a big drop, and bad news is always coming one after another. Angry

earl07

Activity: 168
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:17:52 PM

What do you think about it?

The link to the ann: https://www.facebook.com/business/news/new-ads-policy-improving-integrity-and-security-of-financial-product-and-services-ads.

I believe that the creation of FB groups/pages related to the ICOs is still been possible; so this is not so dangerous. Are you agree?

For me it is not surprising if fb did block all that advertising stuff,Fb is one of the major platform on social media thats been used by millions of people worldwide,advertising something that beyond expaction of its user and the risk with it might make the social media to be the responsible.Anyway i have seen also some groups that i think from an ico but did not detected by fb,so i think it is not a total bad news for ico's who uses fb for promoting their project.

_$ Cheesy BAKIT SAYO GILIW Cheesy$_  
wuencds

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:33:31 PM

I don't think it's a good discuss for FACEBOOK,
their user would be more lower that before, maybe other social tools would be more user like telegram.
BeruchN

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:34:24 PM

i still get facebook ads on crypto about ico

Same, I hope it goes away soon and FB will start regulating them more tightly. Grin

----  Hot Crypto Airdrops ----   
Cryptobel

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:25:26 PM

Yeah! This is bad news for the participants of the bounty!but I think FB will lose a lot of people because of this step!Time will tell.

cryptomema

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:29:05 PM

What do you think about it?

The link to the ann: https://www.facebook.com/business/news/new-ads-policy-improving-integrity-and-security-of-financial-product-and-services-ads.

I believe that the creation of FB groups/pages related to the ICOs is still been possible; so this is not so dangerous. Are you agree?
They just restricted the paid advertisement with these ICOs,but it doesnt mean that you will get banned if you shared,link anything about these ICOs,advertisers will be affected by this restriction but not the bounty hunters,because they can easily post the links on their profiles without paying facebook to get a decent audience with the ICO they are promoting and this means you can still post and share links with cryptocurrency related articles in facebook.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:31:28 PM

I was meant to happen. Too many scams are ruining the possibility of advertisement for legit projects too. Not ALL ICOs are scams, most are, but the few that aren't will once again have more difficulties trying to advertise, and Facebook used to be a good source of traffic. They are also banning a lot of advertisement of webpages, apps and so on.

Zuckerberg said they would look at cryptos in 2018 so I wonder what that means, he acknowledged the importance but didn't made any specific remarks.
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:49:18 PM

With so many deceiving offers, it was inevitable a kind of stop: too many people tried to make easy many with offers without any chance of success.
We need to understand that a coin offer is not different form a share offer; but a share offer have a lot of controls.
This is not the end of ICO; it's just a necessary step to a more clean market.

handy_hotdog

Activity: 232

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:59:09 PM

I didn't see this coming because Facebook never usually turns down a quick bit of money on a fad. Honestly it won't impact too much because you can just create good content to be shared by bounty campaigns or shared in groups.

Just really shooting themselves in the foot and losing some revenue. Personally I just think it is a marketing campaign to seem more moral after the whole Russia election scandal. It's just trying to make them look morally better after the wave of bad press they have got in the last 12 months.
rafajunior99

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 05:17:49 PM

There are many companies that are base on Cryptocurrency and I really think that it will not be possible to block each and every Advertisement that are particularly about Cryptocurrency if facebook would ban all Cryptocurrency advertisement, they would need to ban all advertisement on Facebook and when they do that I think that would cut of the opportunity to profit for the developer of facebook.

I agree with you, I think all the news about facebook that banned crypto ads is a lie, because until now I still see a lot of crypto ads that are scattered on facebook, I think with a lot of ads on facebook about crypto very useful for facebook owner.
CaterpillarRave

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:27:28 PM

I still see some ICO ads on facebook. but should be banned. Because there are too many ico appear on my bulletin. annoying because they are scams
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:31:13 PM

Creation of the FB pages will be prohibited soon because that will be dangerous for the Facebook itself. There is no way they gonna tolerate hikes of the crypto and that too in front of them in their own Facebook which they love most.  Grin

I’m sceptical about one thing, Facebook owner is not able to compete the market of crypto and hence he is not able to tolerate whole famous crypto thing.

In addition to this it might be related to jurisdiction, meaning cases might get filed against the Facebook for promoting the crypto businesses which are actually illegal in their own region. Good or bad don’t know, but they won’t entertain it in the future.
beetlejam

Activity: 226

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:47:06 PM

Can't believe they did this as they are losing easy money on this especially with the amount of cash that ICO's are throwing in marketing.

I think that it is their loss and they are only doing this for PR, especially after the Russia thing and also the damage social media does.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2114
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:53:53 PM

There will always be away around this, I have stopped using the platform for some time because if the quality of discussion  and post around it,  I don't see them saying no to all the money from ICO ads

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
owlman

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:56:48 PM

I believe that there is nothing wrong with this and everything is not so sad. Mark Zuckerberg not once spoke positively about the crypto-currency. Therefore, in the future we can expect some innovations and new technologies in FB related to crypto-currencies.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: