Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:16:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FB prohibits ICO advertisements !!!  (Read 427 times)
Vazil (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:43:32 AM

What do you think about it?

The link to the ann: https://www.facebook.com/business/news/new-ads-policy-improving-integrity-and-security-of-financial-product-and-services-ads.

I believe that the creation of FB groups/pages related to the ICOs is still been possible; so this is not so dangerous. Are you agree?
Tocko

Activity: 129
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:45:53 AM

i still get facebook ads on crypto about ico

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:51:33 AM

i still get facebook ads on crypto about ico
It will be disabled by facebook soon, But as far as i know there are some threads similar with this one.
@OP facebook is not prohibiting or banning ico fanspage or grup, facebook just try to remove ads banner that already used by scammers to advertise their scam ico or project.
I think that all of facebook campaign activity will not get any impact caused by this new restriction in facebook ads. This only to prevent those scammers to use its service.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:57:15 AM

I think that if a very good move done by them because most of the projects that were advertised there were scams.
This is a good thing for crypto because those adv were mostly for scamming people who have no experience in crypto and are easy to scam. They only brought bad publicity for us.
Facebook has a lot of updates regarding fake news, fake advertising and fake accounts because they are aware that they are a big channel of distribution of information and they have a great responsability (" With great power come great responsability" - guess the author  Grin Grin ).
They had a growth of over 42% last year (comparable with some crypto coins).

sadmaster

Activity: 392
Merit: 15

Bitwings !

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:03:16 AM

The link to the ann: https://www.facebook.com/business/news/new-ads-policy-improving-integrity-and-security-of-financial-product-and-services-ads.

I believe that the creation of FB groups/pages related to the ICOs is still been possible; so this is not so dangerous. Are you agree?
It's not dangerous to the crypto community because there are still many ways of sharing ICOs to the public. It's not like that Facebook is the only social media out there are still many great social medias that can be used like Twitter, Youtube, Reddit, Blog sites etc.

HaekalZ

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:03:25 AM

Why should they make new rules like that?
The thing is, not every ICO are scam, even there are so many projects that help people, not only financially but also in their real life too.
I don't think this new rules from facebook is a great idea, this rule should be cancel though

◆     SHREW     ◆
Discounted Pre-Sale Live !
Vik_the_Carpentner

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:12:03 AM

Why should they make new rules like that?
The thing is, not every ICO are scam, even there are so many projects that help people, not only financially but also in their real life too.
I don't think this new rules from facebook is a great idea, this rule should be cancel though

Still most of ICOs is scam and it's compromised itself and undermined the reputation of all crypto world. I bet that is the reason for some countries to ban crypto currency and FB did the same. And that's sad.

DENARO.IO   》   CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRE-ICO STARTS JAN 30,2018   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
cryptogirls85

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

Trying to be someone... someday

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:14:02 AM

Its a dumb move by FB (my opinion). They will eventually see that loosing money is not profitable and let them in  Grin

Fashion TV is a worldwide channel, they don`t just run ICO advertisements they also accept payment for advertising in Crypto (btc, eth, ltc and xrp).

boyjackyou

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:23:09 AM

Facebook wont allowed paid advertisements from these ICOs but if you are just a user who will post some links about crypto you shouldnt have any problems with this restricion.Facebook is being regulated with the U.S government thats why ICOs are being restricted as the U.S citizens are restricted to join these ICOs.But if you are located to non other U.S country there wont be any problem with sharing links to your profiles.

Vazil (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:29:37 AM

It's not dangerous to the crypto community because there are still many ways of sharing ICOs to the public. It's not like that Facebook is the only social media out there are still many great social medias that can be used like Twitter, Youtube, Reddit, Blog sites etc.

Yes, but FB is the most popular with 1 bln auditory -(
Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:31:13 AM

Even it the official reason is "to protect people from scam", this seems to me a confirmation that very soon facebook will enter in the cryptomarket with its own currency.
It will be a centralized one, but it will convince people that it is the "real" cryptocurrency.
A perfect manipulation.

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 10:32:48 AM

Only scam ICOs from my understanding. Look at the bright side, at least there will be less scams shown on facebook. Even Mark Zuckerberg is interested in cryptocurrency, it's just that there are too many scams out there.

JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:35:18 AM

I just wrote my indignation about this in a similar branch, but it's really a very unpleasant event that will hit the development of marketing in general, so I think that it's worth using social networks that are de-centralized and have nothing to do with politics and banks.
Haley craft

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:39:32 AM

In my opinion, facebook's ban on ICO advertising should be.
Because many of today's ICO projects are fraudulent projects, facebook continues to offer ads that could face users' complaints and complaints.
At Bitcointalk forum today, I saw a lot of posts about FB, and everyone was very concerned about this.

cilgindansci

Activity: 504

umachit.fund

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:39:37 AM

Bitcoin ads are often fraudulent. If you don't know about Bitcoin, they're fooling you.
I think Facebook made the right decision.

CoinMaker7

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:42:14 AM

maybe they are creating a coin of their own and they want that on fb
coinforlife123

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:42:35 AM

kingcoiner001

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:42:57 AM

colombuszka

Activity: 802
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:43:25 AM

Well in my opinion, it was always a red flag for me when a project advertised itself on FB and other webpages to receive some money from investors.  If a project is well-made and it is not only backed by hype, it will attract real investors without continuous advert spam on facebook.

Good move Zuckerberg.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
mworld12

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:43:36 AM

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: