Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:56:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've still got 80 sMerit to give away.  (Read 2313 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 10:04:03 AM

Among other things, this system destroy the community because promotes merits to comments with the same line of thought, no one will ever merit for "good comments" with which you do not agree.

Why do you think the merit system will destroy the community? I may not want to give points to someone with whom I disagree, but this is a very diverse community, so if you can't find someone to agree with you, then the opinion probably doesn't have a place in this forum.

An example is Tman. I don't agree with some of his opinions and ideas, but I respect his right to have those opinions, and I respect him for following his own standards of morality. I think I've even awarded him some points. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 10:11:50 AM

Among other things, this system destroy the community because promotes merits to comments with the same line of thought, no one will ever merit for "good comments" with which you do not agree.

Why do you think the merit system will destroy the community? I may not want to give points to someone with whom I disagree, but this is a very diverse community, so if you can't find someone to agree with you, then the opinion probably doesn't have a place in this forum.

An example is Tman. I don't agree with some of his opinions and ideas, but I respect his right to have those opinions, and I respect him for following his own standards of morality. I think I've even awarded him some points. Smiley

Thanks fella, probably because I am a bit of a cunt.. but I do speak the truth in there somewhere!

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
2girls

Activity: 1002
Merit: 254

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:13:31 AM

Members who don't spend their sMerit should be punished because this is meant to spend for those people who deserve it. Maybe they just don't care for now but I hope in the future sMerit will be given to everyone specially for lower ranks.

It's quite a bit of work hunting for people to award sMerit, and it seems you don't get much thanks for it. I'm starting to understand why sMerit holders just dump their merit on out of date posts. If there was any indication that there would be a penalty for not allocating sMerit, then I would dump them immediately.

The point is we dont find good posts to give merit or even if we find, may people here are too lazy to give smerit.
Think of a point that 70% of the members here are to earn the BTC and tokens, so they don't care much in giving.

Exactly. people only come here just to earn and not to give. They dont give a shit about this new merrit system and they only care about bounties and signature campaigns.

They Don't care shot about given smerit but each one them and us wants other people gives us merit so we may rank up and up.
we need to do something about not giving smerit thing.

Carisba

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:33:23 AM

Don't you think it's possible that someone, seeing that one gives merit, write something that might please him instead of writing what he really thinks?
manismanja

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:02:02 PM

can you give merit for my post ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2866742.msg29449238#msg29449238

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Carisba

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:08:44 PM

I don't think you will ever receive merit through beg.

Also this is an example to a new type of spam
CarlosCorreia

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 12:20:31 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

From what I have been seeing lately will get much harder for ranking up, especially in low ranks!

I have been seeing a lot of merit given to Hero/Legendary, but not that much to Jr. and Members, because people tend to give to the persons they easily recognize!
And sometimes it's not only by name, but a mix of factors to recognize a person... Subconsciously it's easier to recognize a person with an avatar and colorful signature.

I'm doing what is supposed to do... When I see a post that consider good, or someone give me helpful information’s I give some merit, but I don't see many people doing the same.

And start seeing some begging like: "If this post was helpful to you give me some merit"

I know it's hard to change people mentality... And some don't give a crap in rewarding others.
We need some motivation for people to give merit to the ones who deserve it!

Just giving my two cents....
Heartseed

Activity: 82

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:28:31 PM

I don't think you will ever receive merit through beg.

Also this is an example to a new type of spam
Yes, this is also a type of spam i think. why beg? if your post is good enough for the people who have sMerit then they will give you. i think having merit system is good to reduce the toxic here in the bitcoin forum in my opinion of course and also, patience and giving good quality post that will benefit the thread is the key here. patience in waiting for the merit to come. it might be hard of course because of the users abusing merit but i still believe that making quality post is the key for you to gain merit. not by begging.
ferrybitcoin.1996

Activity: 294
Merit: 119

For Bounty Hunters, Don't Cheat or You DIE!!

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 01:11:04 PM

Members who don't spend their sMerit should be punished because this is meant to spend for those people who deserve it. Maybe they just don't care for now but I hope in the future sMerit will be given to everyone specially for lower ranks.

It's quite a bit of work hunting for people to award sMerit, and it seems you don't get much thanks for it. I'm starting to understand why sMerit holders just dump their merit on out of date posts. If there was any indication that there would be a penalty for not allocating sMerit, then I would dump them immediately.

The point is we dont find good posts to give merit or even if we find, may people here are too lazy to give smerit.
Think of a point that 70% of the members here are to earn the BTC and tokens, so they don't care much in giving.
Or, we have another case. They just ignore it, don't care about Merit System.
Just focusing achieve and greed themselves. It is correct that people only doing Bounty but never discuss with other people in this forum.
I don't care you will be Smurf forever, because i can have many coins in my Wallet.
Make sense right? Cheesy

And, this my idea. Sorry if it is bad idea to share. Okay, so why dont we get Merit with small amount and it will increase for certain periods.
Example :

User ABC in Member Ranks have 10 Merit and need 90 Merit to achieve next-rank. Maybe every 2 weeks, when activity +14, their merit can rise +0.005, so your merit is 10.005 and next 2 weeks your merit will rise to 10.01.
Different case for higher ranks.
If you think, "woah, this is bad idea because people can get easy Merit. So they just keep their account until the Merit is enough". Oh, i must say that your account be ancient if do that way Grin.
Anyway, if you want to discuss this more is okay. Or, maybe you disagree with this, is Okay. Discussion is open. once again, sorry if i have make many mistake here Grin

krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:21:17 PM

And, this my idea. Sorry if it is bad idea to share. Okay, so why dont we get Merit with small amount and it will increase for certain periods.
Example :

User ABC in Member Ranks have 10 Merit and need 90 Merit to achieve next-rank. Maybe every 2 weeks, when activity +14, their merit can rise +0.005, so your merit is 10.005 and next 2 weeks your merit will rise to 10.01.
If you think, "woah, this is bad idea because people can get easy Merit. So they just keep their account until the Merit is enough". Oh, i must say that your account be ancient if do that way Grin.
Anyway, if you want to discuss this more is okay. Or, maybe you disagree with this, is Okay. Discussion is open. once again, sorry if i have make many mistake here Grin

It is hard to understand what you mean to say here but let me try. You are suggesting some merits to be added based on activity ? This defeats the purpose. The shit posters will post more garbage at faster rates to become eligible for these.
edsnow2017

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:21:23 PM

if you have 80 sMerit to give wahaha I need 8 sMerit I keep on posting stuffs with value but none in the forum is looking at it they more lok on the questions about "if you have 1 btc what will you do?"
krishnaverma

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:28:47 PM

if you have 80 sMerit to give wahaha I need 8 sMerit I keep on posting stuffs with value but none in the forum is looking at it they more lok on the questions about "if you have 1 btc what will you do?"
If no one noticing your posts, how you got those 2 merit points ? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=1263843

You cannot stop people from showing interests in topics they like. If you want to increase your chances of getting merits, you should actually post on those topics to get "noticed".
edsnow2017

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:35:25 PM

If no one noticing your posts, how you got those 2 merit points ? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=1263843

You cannot stop people from showing interests in topics they like. If you want to increase your chances of getting merits, you should actually post on those topics to get "noticed".

I rather post important and helpful things than keep posting and spamming the system with repeated post it's the best thing about merit system you need to work for rank but the disadvantage is most valuable post was unheard Smiley just thinking positive Smiley
krishnaverma

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:39:54 PM

I rather post important and helpful things than keep posting and spamming the system with repeated post it's the best thing about merit system you need to work for rank but the disadvantage is most valuable post was unheard Smiley just thinking positive Smiley

If you think your valuable posts are unheard, you can ask for review from senior members here. I made a list of threads giving away merits for quality posts:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2832127.0

There are six members offering this currently and you can post there to get your posts "heard". All the best.
Boriss

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 01:50:58 PM

At first I really thought that merits will benefit different groups of users on forum , the newcomers to get relevant answers they are seeking and older members to actually be willing to help instead of just linking people to read the manual and also  admins - so they have less job to moderate posts.

Now when I look at different part of forum during the day, occasionally you can see people indirectly asking for merits.
Merits will probably soon become new currency for bounties and that would be very funny because my theory is that one of the reasons they introduced merits was to stop new bounty seekers from flooding the forum.

ferrybitcoin.1996

Activity: 294
Merit: 119

For Bounty Hunters, Don't Cheat or You DIE!!

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 02:22:44 PM

Example :

It is hard to understand what you mean to say here but let me try. You are suggesting some merits to be added based on activity ? This defeats the purpose. The shit posters will post more garbage at faster rates to become eligible for these.
Oh, no. I'm sorry if i make you misunderstanding. Sad
Here is the simpler one.
Me in Member Rank (Have 70 Activity and 10 Merit), to reach Full Member you need 120 Activity and 100 Merit.
Every two weeks you will get Max 14 Activity, but now it added some bonus. Max 14 Activity and 0.005 Merit (Remember Just Merit, sMerit not included)
So, next stage My Rank is 84 Activity (if get max activity) and 10.005 Merit.
And next 2 weeks is 98 Activity (if get max activity) and 10.01 .
You can calculate how long that i have to reach Full-Member?

100 Merit - 10 Merit = 90 Merit / 0.005 = 18000 times.

In activity position they should Legendary, but stucked on little merit.
For the conclusion this system will not broke the purpose, they just have nano-amount reward on it.

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 03:27:39 PM

Please don't ask me for points. I award them based on my ideas of the benefits posts make to the community.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
minthit

Activity: 325

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:46:59 PM

Btw, is total sMerit enough to give out merits to good posts?
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 03:53:50 PM

Merits and sMerits are available all over the place, unfortunately good posts aren't. Smiley

minthit

Activity: 325

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:08:41 PM

Merits and sMerits are available all over the place, unfortunately good posts aren't. Smiley
I see. Thank god that I became a member before the merit system. Cheesy Actually, this forum is quite fun. Learn new things, share what your opinion, and earn while you do so. Sometimes, saying 'meaningful' shit in 'politics and society' section is also fun. I hope these will not be included as shitposts in the future. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: