Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:12:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've still got 80 sMerit to give away.  (Read 2311 times)
A Confused Shoe

Activity: 117
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:09:53 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

Hopefully with our communal effort, it can return to that time soon. Thanks for sharing.

I agree, consolidation of threads would be nice (guessing it's the mods that do that?). Like in the "Beginners & Help" thread, maybe there can be a sticked post at top for newbies to introduce themselves if they wish. Seems like a lot of the posts recently in that thread are just that.

I think it's a shared responsibility with users though to at least do an honest search to see if a topic that is relatively recent already exists before creating a new one. Or reading the stickied posts at the top first before doing anything. They are stickied for a reason.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 02:35:31 AM

It just isn't worth the effort, and this means that many useful posters have stopped contributing to many of the boards.

Some of the old member of this forum is nowhere to be found, they scattered through out the years they may also lurking every now and then to see changes however, there's no solid evidence that they do. perhaps good contributor of this forum started their own business or alike, or might also join in another forum that they like. what is the original idiomatic saying? birds of a feather flock together

And it made me think if users need to have a decent amount of merit they need to study the programming of blockchain in general in addition they can contribute in development & technical dis.
tingcq9

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:24:14 AM

Yes, some good posts are not found, or just discovered by a few people, and then more people did not see, and the author did not get much reward, affecting their enthusiasm, it is necessary to high quality Posts listed to allow more people to see, forming a conscience cycle.
Oulay

Activity: 133
Merit: 37

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:32:45 AM

I've still got 80 sMerits because I don't go out hunting for posts to merit, but I just award them when I find a post that appeals to me. However, it is quite difficult to find these posts. The most promising boards ( the serious discussion ones ) tend to be neglected by most members. I don't visit the Frog Pond very much, as most of the threads seem to be worthless ( in my opinion ) long tail spam fests. I think I have given away too many on the Meta board - there are too many posts about Merit points, and I've just created another one. Smiley The beginners board ought to be the place for me to read threads, but that seems to be more about issues other than Bitcoin. Tech support has some interesting threads, but I'm not a power user of Bitcoin, so I'm not sure I'm qualified to make judgements there.

A bit off-topic reply but I'd like to ask you, what is the frog pond? I know you're talking about "Bitcoin Discussion" but are there any other boards that fall under your definition of "Frog Pond" Grin
It seems like I'm having the same trouble finding my favorite board... So what'd you suggest? what are those "promising boards"?

My list of threads giving away merits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3048258.0
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 05:44:28 AM

I've still got 80 sMerits because I don't go out hunting for posts to merit, but I just award them when I find a post that appeals to me. However, it is quite difficult to find these posts. The most promising boards ( the serious discussion ones ) tend to be neglected by most members. I don't visit the Frog Pond very much, as most of the threads seem to be worthless ( in my opinion ) long tail spam fests. I think I have given away too many on the Meta board - there are too many posts about Merit points, and I've just created another one. Smiley The beginners board ought to be the place for me to read threads, but that seems to be more about issues other than Bitcoin. Tech support has some interesting threads, but I'm not a power user of Bitcoin, so I'm not sure I'm qualified to make judgements there.

A bit off-topic reply but I'd like to ask you, what is the frog pond? I know you're talking about "Bitcoin Discussion" but are there any other boards that fall under your definition of "Frog Pond" Grin
It seems like I'm having the same trouble finding my favorite board... So what'd you suggest? what are those "promising boards"?

It is a bit difficult at the moment, but it seems to be improving slowly.

The boards of which I was thinking were probably the serious discussion, the stats/speculation, and the two tech ones. Those are the ones that spring to mind immediately.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
t1192002

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:04:15 AM

Yes, some good posts are not found, or just discovered by a few people, and then more people did not see, and the author did not get much reward, affecting their enthusiasm, it is necessary to high quality Posts listed to allow more people to see, forming a conscience cycle.

It's usually a forum system work not as wiki storing good final knowledge. If you open the forum then you must give people the right to post thing they want even it's shitty. I'm tired with the off-topic removing even I replied to the topic like just a comment.

By the way, I think merit system is good to sanitize posts. But I personally think it's not too important. The majority newbie people here need high rank level account to participate bounty programs. They can clone accounts to earn a lot quickly and much more than trying to level up their account to legendary level.

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 07:02:42 AM

It's usually a forum system work not as wiki storing good final knowledge. If you open the forum then you must give people the right to post thing they want even it's shitty. I'm tired with the off-topic removing even I replied to the topic like just a comment.

Bitcoin Talk is a private forum, and as such it doesn't have to give anybody any rights that the admins don't agree to. Also, it is a valuable source of information about Bitcoin.

If you run a real life forum, you don't want scruffy dogs entering the forum areas, and defecating all over the place. If it happens, you clean up the mess, and ban the dogs. We don't want scruffy dogs joining the forum, and defecating all over our boards.  If you continue to do it, then I'm sure they will give you a perma-ban.

My comments are based on your post, and not on a review of your posting btw.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 12:27:23 PM

I'm locking this thread because I am still getting PMs and posts from people asking me to review their posts. I don't do this, as I have posted several times.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: