Fastcoin - FST
Luckycoin - LKY
Copper Bars - CPR
Quark - QRK
Spots - SPT
Primecoin - XPM

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Multi Cryptocoin Payment Processing [Coin List Vote]  (Read 3755 times)
pr0d1gy (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:10:57 AM

As of 9/1 we will be removing the follow coins:
PPC - WDC - XMP

Why?
Due to the lack of transactions and support, they are just killing resources. We want to improve the usability of the Coin Payments system. We don't want it to come down to removing coins, but the demand is not meeting the supply. You do have to remember, even as well as Coin Payments is working right now, we are still in Beta.

Oh snap! Are you going to remove our coin too?
Hopefully not, at least not yet, this is still a beta. We want to eventually accept every coin possible.

So now what?
We will continue to support the other 13 coins as we have before.
BTC, LTC, DVC, CGB, BQC, FTC, IFC, KGC, NMC, NVC, ORB, RED, TRC, STR (Updated 8/31)

What about ___, its not in the poll option, support ___!
Ok, just reply with what we are missing, we will ad it to poll. This is your vote. Smiley

Now we have removed the 3 coins, we wanted to add one we wanted to add, before the resources limit was met. But we wanted to let the community decide on the other two. So here's your chance.

Also STR has been suspended till its fixed - Link

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
CryptoBullion

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:16:54 AM

nuuuuuu... dont get rid of wdc and xpm...

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268556.0
CryptoPCS.com Prepaid phone refills, post paid phone payments, and bill payments https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285148.0
pr0d1gy (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:21:51 AM

nuuuuuu... dont get rid of wdc and xpm...

We apologize for any inconveniences, but we need to test the system with volume. This is not the end, when we can finally decide on upgrading our servers to support a constant flow of activity to more coins, then we will try to support every coin possible. But for now we must concentrate resources on more active coins. This is still Beta.

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mechs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:38:11 AM

XPM is the third most popular coin after BTC and LTC.  Why would you remove it?  I think write now people in the hoarding phase, but this is not a coin you want to drop.  It will surpass LTC soon I think.

Check out the poll results: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264016.0
hendo420

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 03:44:43 AM

XPM is the third most popular coin after BTC and LTC.  Why would you remove it?  I think write now people in the hoarding phase, but this is not a coin you want to drop.  It will surpass LTC soon I think.

I agree, XPM is a grower not a shower.

ebmarket.co
pr0d1gy (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:53:44 AM

We do not have any doubts about that coin nor any other coin's performance, but as this is a beta, we need more stores and people to use the service for us to expand for a bigger server to support more coins. The removed coins may be popular in market, trade, and mining support, but as in payment, our stores and private non store merchants haven't had any transactions with the coins. So there has to be more store support for it. As of now its has mainly been coinbase, bitpay, few others and a few private stores that used their own custom codes. We want to keep accepting multiple coins, this is still a business, we have to keep the servers running.

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 04:46:48 AM

This is sad. I was beginning to make a store and had a second in mind, that I wanted to make using you for xpm.  I hope that you rethink your decision about xpm.  You have coins in that list I have never heard of.
pr0d1gy (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 05:49:26 AM

With such an overwhelming demand (via pm as well) for a coin (xpm) we removed, we will add it to the poll for a chance to get more real support. Again we do not have a preferred liking over one coin to another. Its simply business. We've been around for about a month now, and have had decent transactions for BTC, slow transactions for the rest, but none for the coins removed. The coins that have been added are all on the market, and we had dev and store support for most of them. The rest of the coins we added by trade volume, which only showed that people mine the coin and traded it for BTC as far as payment processing nobody else does this. So we would like to continue with the beta, and continue supporting stores and coins.

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bidji29

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:58:28 AM

XPM is only 2 month old.
The price is still highly volatile and people don't want to buy things when that's the case. They want to trade it, or hold it.
People will start buying things with them, when the price is more stable, and they have a stong feelings of what an XPM is really worth,

http://www.freebieservers.com/  100% FREE GAME SERVERS
Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 11:55:37 AM

Something is wrong when you drop two of the top coins by one of the most active, innovative and trusted developers in cryptocurrencies.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 12:01:11 PM

Get rid of the ones that don't have their developers properly updating and changing things, that will solve most of your problems, what I've done with my website is only enabled the ones by how much active trading I've seen going on so all the ones like Litecoin and PPCoin etc. if the other alt. coins want the support of actual traders then they'll need to actually do something or ask for us to put them up so they can buy stuff. It's quite easy now to find out who are the crappy developers and who are the people who actually who can read and edit the code if you take the time.
belltown

Activity: 301

still can't change my profile pic

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:12:55 PM

XPM will be added back!!

How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707439.0 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Walsoraj

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Ultranode

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:36:04 PM

Something is wrong when you drop two of the top coins by one of the most active, innovative and trusted developers in cryptocurrencies.

This^

Also, PPC and XPM are both in the top 10 market cap. http://coinmarketcap.com/

Why the hell you would remove two of the most popular and innovative coins is very puzzling.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 03:50:39 PM

DigitalCoin should be added Smiley
Pt0x

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 04:12:06 PM

Please don't remove primecoin!!!

BTC: 17sz6AoYVpwXjaStmnVCsGTufUhvrAMhTw
mechs

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 04:29:19 PM

I voted for XPM, it the only currency I keep other than BTC
BitcoinForLiberty

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 05:04:29 PM

This^

Why the hell you would remove two of the most popular and innovative coins is very puzzling.

I am likewise puzzled why you would support coins with a $6,000 market cap (KGC) and $36,000 market cap (BQC) while discontinuing support of a coin with a $3,600,000 market cap (PPC). If you hadn't supported it already and couldn't prioritize the development time that would be understandable, but just dropping it after the implementation is complete doesn't compute. Makes my mind grasp at conspiracy theories: were you threatened to drop it? Paid to drop it? Probably not, but there is more to this than what I can see and understand.

petesays

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 05:11:40 PM

This^

I am likewise puzzled why you would support coins with a $6,000 market cap (KGC) and $36,000 market cap (BQC) while discontinuing support of a coin with a $3,600,000 market cap (PPC). If you hadn't supported it already and couldn't prioritize the development time that would be understandable, but just dropping it after the implementation is complete doesn't compute. Makes my mind grasp at conspiracy theories: were you threatened to drop it? Paid to drop it? Probably not, but there is more to this than what I can see and understand.

Maybe this is insight to the types of "business" decisions they will be making in the future. I had just started to put together something with hopes of using XPM and WDC with them. I guess not anymore.
mechs

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 05:34:57 PM

This^

Maybe this is insight to the types of "business" decisions they will be making in the future. I had just started to put together something with hopes of using XPM and WDC with them. I guess not anymore.
The entire decision is ridiculous. 
cycloid

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 06:14:48 PM

XPM is a must  Tongue

Also taking away PPC, XPM and leaving BBQ, Ifinitie, Redcoin, Kruger... etc what on earth... guyz plz  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: