Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:48:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit System hits me hard.  (Read 940 times)
Meraki (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:53:03 AM

Thank you for handling each of the feedbacks here positively. I understand that you were caught off guard before, that's why you reacted that way towards the new system. I can see now how you changed your perspective in handling the situation and I do understand where you're coming from as well. Aside from learning about cryptocurrency, the reason why I joined this forum is to earn some Bitcoins so I can fund my thesis as well. Through what I earned from signature campaigns, I get to spend for my research without touching my savings which is truly a big help. Now that my research is nearing its end, I will still stay here in the forum for the sake of learning and sharing informations or opinions, the pay I will get is a bonus to the knowledge I will gain. Wishing you all the best for your thesis. Good luck, bro!

Well ofcourse bro being negative wont get us anywhere, it will just cause pain in the head which is a stressful one. Making thesis and constant researching is a serious work and stressful so i dont want to add more stress in my mind. Goodluck on your thesis too!

And I would ask why it's so important for you to rank up, and why it's so disappointing to you that you didn't just yet.

I almost misread the reply of The Pharmacist, i thought it was pertaining to me good thing i re-read the quote.
But for someone who whats to ask why Ranking up is important to me right now because
joined bounties to help me financially to cope up in what i need in school, because this year is my thesis year so i prolly need budget tho.

I don't know if it's really going to work out very well. Sure it will slow down people trying to farm accounts but how slow is it gonna be? League of legends, a videogame, introduced a system that was almost like this called honor and at first people did give honor to players however after a while it became irrelevant and people didn't give honor anymore, they were forced to almost force you to give honor prompting a screen after each game to give honor. What I'm saying is that eventually less and less people are going to give merit unless you are forced to.

This system is still in early stage wait for it to be introduced more in the future before we give regards about it. but im postive that it wont end up like the league of legends kind of thing.
Maybe if you play dota2 tho, commending someone is not mandatory yet there are still people who commend others for playing good, and here in forum Merit-ing someone is not mandatory but others give merit to those who post informative and constructive topics and/or relevant to the topic.
(want to use game as reference too for you)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:50:19 PM

Thank you for handling each of the feedbacks here positively. I understand that you were caught off guard before, that's why you reacted that way towards the new system. I can see now how you changed your perspective in handling the situation and I do understand where you're coming from as well. Aside from learning about cryptocurrency, the reason why I joined this forum is to earn some Bitcoins so I can fund my thesis as well. Through what I earned from signature campaigns, I get to spend for my research without touching my savings which is truly a big help. Now that my research is nearing its end, I will still stay here in the forum for the sake of learning and sharing informations or opinions, the pay I will get is a bonus to the knowledge I will gain. Wishing you all the best for your thesis. Good luck, bro!

Well ofcourse bro being negative wont get us anywhere, it will just cause pain in the head which is a stressful one. Making thesis and constant researching is a serious work and stressful so i dont want to add more stress in my mind. Goodluck on your thesis too!

And I would ask why it's so important for you to rank up, and why it's so disappointing to you that you didn't just yet.

I almost misread the reply of The Pharmacist, i thought it was pertaining to me good thing i re-read the quote.
But for someone who whats to ask why Ranking up is important to me right now because
joined bounties to help me financially to cope up in what i need in school, because this year is my thesis year so i prolly need budget tho.

I don't know if it's really going to work out very well. Sure it will slow down people trying to farm accounts but how slow is it gonna be? League of legends, a videogame, introduced a system that was almost like this called honor and at first people did give honor to players however after a while it became irrelevant and people didn't give honor anymore, they were forced to almost force you to give honor prompting a screen after each game to give honor. What I'm saying is that eventually less and less people are going to give merit unless you are forced to.

This system is still in early stage wait for it to be introduced more in the future before we give regards about it. but im postive that it wont end up like the league of legends kind of thing.
Maybe if you play dota2 tho, commending someone is not mandatory yet there are still people who commend others for playing good, and here in forum Merit-ing someone is not mandatory but others give merit to those who post informative and constructive topics and/or relevant to the topic.
(want to use game as reference too for you)

Yea but how many give honor/commend? I mean, personally, I don't care too much as I am already high rank but it does seem a bit hard on newbies if they are genuinely trying to rank up. I always said the solution was to make all signature campaigns have a stricter manager, there were plenty of strict campaigns that had little to zero spammers. Now although it's going to be harder to rank up, people are still going to spam and post the same stupid shit, all the accounts that were already high rank are still high rank. I don't see it as a long term solution. Not to mention the possibility of selling merits.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
fokinlipat

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:02:37 PM

Well as you can see my activity is now 252 which is equivalent to Sr. Member. Since early january i'm excited to become sr member because high rank = high pay in bounty as we all know. But due to merit system is being implemented i dont know when will i be able to reach sr member, but im not against the merit system because i can see the potential of it in the future, to reduce account farmers and shitposters in our beloved forum. I just feel sad because my expectation to become sr member wont happen sooner. Just want to share my inner feelings. lol

This happened to all the members I guess and thus all are on same boat. I am new here so I think I got nothing to loose here. Hoping to reach desired merit points to reach next level.
Jemzx00

Activity: 1470
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 05:56:19 PM

Yea but how many give honor/commend? I mean, personally, I don't care too much as I am already high rank but it does seem a bit hard on newbies if they are genuinely trying to rank up. I always said the solution was to make all signature campaigns have a stricter manager, there were plenty of strict campaigns that had little to zero spammers. Now although it's going to be harder to rank up, people are still going to spam and post the same stupid shit, all the accounts that were already high rank are still high rank. I don't see it as a long term solution. Not to mention the possibility of selling merits.
Well it easy for newbies here to rank up and earn the merit they deserve for the next ranks just by making an effort on each post and replies they make. I think the merit system is a good way for people to stop going on this forum just to earn money rather than sharing information about what happening each cryptos they held and about to buy. But I agree with you that this merit system won't me a long term solution since selling merit can be an choice for those greedy bastards.
Well as you can see my activity is now 252 which is equivalent to Sr. Member. Since early january i'm excited to become sr member because high rank = high pay in bounty as we all know. But due to merit system is being implemented i dont know when will i be able to reach sr member, but im not against the merit system because i can see the potential of it in the future, to reduce account farmers and shitposters in our beloved forum. I just feel sad because my expectation to become sr member wont happen sooner. Just want to share my inner feelings. lol

This happened to all the members I guess and thus all are on same boat. I am new here so I think I got nothing to loose here. Hoping to reach desired merit points to reach next level.
Exactly this thing happened to all members especially those low ranks such as Full Member below. Anyway, since you are new here maybe try to make your English better because it's "Lose" not "Loose". I hope this is just a typographical error since there are a lot of DT out there that are strict about these stuffs.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:55:46 AM

This makes me think that you are greedy. No offence though.

But I do understand because it gets harder and harder to earn bitcoins nowadays.
And I do believe that payments keep people and users attach to the forum but some does it in a negative way.

Well, I find it not necessary to bring this up for people who's  intention is for the development of the forum as well as bitcoin.
Suggesting that we should just be contented of what we are earning now and we will be still here in the future.
FRJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

The Worlds Most Advanced Distributed Computer

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:19:14 AM
Merited by DU18 (1)

Oh bro!!I am able to understand your sorrows. Because,I was also expecting for my activity to increase so that my ranks up.Ranks up means high pays in bounties!!Well said.I loved your equation. But it's true.

I think merit system is a brilliant step.It can prevent unnecessary and shitposting.There are some people who does unexpected and such posts which are not related to the topic. They post on to increase their activity so that they can be ranked up and earn more and more bitcoin.You can tell this was injustice and we were lagging behind for them.But as the merit system comes,those persons cannot be ranked up so easily that they did before.They have to contribute to the forum and their posts cannot be worthless. If so,they won't be ranked up.

But for you,me and other like us have to suffer a little but I think if we can increase our post quality,we won't have to suffer anymore.... Wink

KatgCrypto

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:26:16 AM

To me it looks like the ones that already has a high rank likes merit because they got a great number of free merit and also don't need to rank up.
While us new members don't have any merit and hardly gets any even if we post great quality posts.

To conclude:
- High ranked members like merit
- Low ranked members do not

You have a mistake my friend.There are low ranked that like it (alt accounts of high ranked)
Gusbaaa

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:01:11 AM

It's a matter of all members with rankings below Sr. Member. Basically, this is not profitable for us, but it's also a nice change, if we just stay in the bounty section, we never get the reward for getting ranked, we have to learn something, contribute to this forum. Because, this forum not only has a part of the gift. There are many things that need to be learned in this forum. You can go to Altcoins, a Bitcoin discussion or a trading section to learn more, this is very useful. in the same state at the moment and I'm pretty sure Merit will not solve the problem they want to solve.
Meraki (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:48:23 PM

This makes me think that you are greedy. No offence though.

But I do understand because it gets harder and harder to earn bitcoins nowadays.
And I do believe that payments keep people and users attach to the forum but some does it in a negative way.

Well, I find it not necessary to bring this up for people who's  intention is for the development of the forum as well as bitcoin.
Suggesting that we should just be contented of what we are earning now and we will be still here in the future.

Got your opinion bro, im not that greedy it just that I expected so much that ill become a sr member but that expectation leads to disappointment. and about that why i am anticipating for high pay lately is because i really need some money to fund my thesis project in school.
i joined bounties to help me financially to cope up in what i need in school, because this year is my thesis year so i prolly need budget tho.
-
Yup there are somepeople does it in a negative way, perfect example: shitposters, spammers, and especially account farmers.
but i know with this system it can lessen the one who pollutes this forum.

Oh bro!!I am able to understand your sorrows. Because,I was also expecting for my activity to increase so that my ranks up.Ranks up means high pays in bounties!!Well said.I loved your equation. But it's true.

I think merit system is a brilliant step.It can prevent unnecessary and shitposting.There are some people who does unexpected and such posts which are not related to the topic. They post on to increase their activity so that they can be ranked up and earn more and more bitcoin.You can tell this was injustice and we were lagging behind for them.But as the merit system comes,those persons cannot be ranked up so easily that they did before.They have to contribute to the forum and their posts cannot be worthless. If so,they won't be ranked up.

But for you,me and other like us have to suffer a little but I think if we can increase our post quality,we won't have to suffer anymore.... Wink

I already moved on bro, and it is time for us to be more productive and be more informative for others to learn for us like how we learn in the experts here in bitcointalk community.

just want to add something on my thread, I want to conclude something.

why i am sad in the past because i really expected to rank up since im so close to it and yet it didnt happened, expectation leads to disappointment. (But im okay now and back to normal)
-
why i am seeking to rank?
Because to be able to receive high pay for bounties to fund my school needs and thesis.
-
To everyone who shared thoughts in this thread thank you for your time and opinions it made me recover faster from disappointment.
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:16:33 PM

It's a matter of all members with rankings below Sr. Member. Basically, this is not profitable for us, but it's also a nice change, if we just stay in the bounty section, we never get the reward for getting ranked, we have to learn something, contribute to this forum. Because, this forum not only has a part of the gift. There are many things that need to be learned in this forum. You can go to Altcoins, a Bitcoin discussion or a trading section to learn more, this is very useful. in the same state at the moment and I'm pretty sure Merit will not solve the problem they want to solve.
Lol, but this forum was gift for legendaries  who did shit posts and today you should kiss in ass them for give you merits! If you will try to saying them something then you will be trust marked Cheesy
shi07

Activity: 122
Merit: 15

Long Live BTC

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:42:24 PM

That's that catch if this newly implemented merit system. Unlucky for some who are nearly to rank up to next level. However, this merit system really needs to be implemented to clean up and prevent this forum from being filled with useless posts.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: