Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:54:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit System hits me hard.  (Read 940 times)
Meraki (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:15:03 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2018, 12:50:04 PM by Meraki
Merited by jackbox (5)

Well as you can see my activity is now 252 which is equivalent to Sr. Member. Since early january i'm excited to become sr member because high rank = high pay in bounty as we all know. But due to merit system is being implemented i dont know when will i be able to reach sr member, but im not against the merit system because i can see the potential of it in the future, to reduce account farmers and shitposters in our beloved forum. I just feel sad because my expectation to become sr member wont happen sooner. Just want to share my inner feelings. lol

Edit: (can find this also at the last part of my last comment)
just want to add something on my thread, I want to conclude something.

why i am sad in the past because i really expected to rank up since im so close to it and yet it didnt happened, expectation leads to disappointment. (But im okay now and back to normal)
-
why i am seeking to rank?
Because to be able to receive high pay for bounties to fund my school needs and thesis.
-
To everyone who shared thoughts in this thread thank you for your time and opinions it made me recover faster from disappointment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 01:19:30 PM

Well as you can see my activity is now 252 which is equivalent to Sr. Member. Since early january i'm excited to become sr member because high rank = high pay in bounty as we all know. But due to merit system is being implemented i dont know when will i be able to reach sr member, but im not against the merit system because i can see the potential of it in the future, to reduce account farmers and shitposters in our beloved forum. I just feel sad because my expectation to become sr member wont happen sooner. Just want to share my inner feelings. lol
Shut the fuck up already. Beloved forum,my foot you think of such. Just fuck off,will you?
If you want to earn more,get this ,post well,and you shall be rewarded with merit. Simple as that. Why do you have to com here bitching about the fact "you are not against the merit system"shit but clearly your state of mind says otherwise.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2453

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 01:21:34 PM

The merit system was introduced to stop bounty spammers from polluting the forum, and hopefully it will achieve that eventually.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Meraki (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:29:46 PM
Merited by Beefcake (1)

Shut the fuck up already. Beloved forum,my foot you think of such. Just fuck off,will you?
If you want to earn more,get this ,post well,and you shall be rewarded with merit. Simple as that. Why do you have to com here bitching about the fact "you are not against the merit system"shit but clearly your state of mind says otherwise.

Im open for criticism, so i wont take it the heart the hard words you said.
I get your point but still i know to myself that im not really against in this system and im just going to continue what im doing  Smiley.

The merit system was introduced to stop bounty spammers from polluting the forum, and hopefully it will achieve that eventually.

Yup, merit system also implemented to lessen account farmers that selling potential high rank account. Im really optimistic about it because it is hard to get merit so spammers will be discouraged to spam more since they wont get anything with shitpost
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:44:13 PM

that is problem of all member with rank below Sr. Member. basically, it's unlucky for us, but it's also a good change, if we just only stay in bounty section, we never get merit for rank up, we must go out to learn things, contribute to this forum. Because, this forum don't has only bounty section. There are lots of things to learn in this forum. You can go to Altcoins, Bitcoin discussion or trade section to learn more, it's very useful.
cmmhbct

Activity: 97
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:51:40 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 02:05:57 PM by cmmhbct
Merited by Hexcolyte (1)

The ones who can not proficiently and knowledgeable enough to write constructive, high-qualitied, useful threads should not be ranked up to higher ranks. Sorry about those likely offensive words.

Dont worry too much, keep joining the forum, keep contributing, keep writing constructive posts, keep helping others to solve their issues; then lots of sMerits will come to your account.

I also understand your disappointed feelings, just fell away some days and that led to very different story. Hope you can ranks up soon.
AgatioX

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:31:24 PM
Merited by abibliev (1)

Hi bro.Let me share feelings with you.
Im in same state at the moment and I'm pretty sure Merit wont solve the problem they are trying to solve.
jaeden1024

Activity: 198
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:08:57 PM

Im in same state at the moment and I'm pretty sure Merit wont solve the problem they are trying to solve.
Agreed! Merit will not solve the problem but rather it will create a lot of issues including those members that should rank up today.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
mrsamuelmills83

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:21:46 PM

To me it looks like the ones that already has a high rank likes merit because they got a great number of free merit and also don't need to rank up.
While us new members don't have any merit and hardly gets any even if we post great quality posts.

To conclude:
- High ranked members like merit
- Low ranked members do not
pratik009

Activity: 365
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:21:59 PM

Merit is new system to this forum and you know that it implanted for remove garbage and spam from this forum.i can understand your feeling very well but you can use to with this system very soon.And after use to with this system you can easily get the merit and acheive your sr.member rank.

Merit will solve all the problems very soon.so keep posting as your usuall ways and Don't worry about merit.
Agreed! Merit will not solve the problem but rather it will create a lot of issues including those members that should rank up today.
I think merit will not create uses.i think it will solve the all isues.Now all members need to do qualify posts for rank up so i think it's helpful for all members and forum too.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 03:24:11 PM

Why you didn't posted in one of the many already existing threads about Merit system? Is it still not enough threads that you had to create new one? Smiley
When Merit system was introduced, I only had to get 19 activity to get chance to become Legendary member. Now I also will need to get almost 500 Merit points. I'm disappointed? No. Hero or Legendary member, it's not really big difference for me. But I understand why new members feeling frustrated. Anyway, if you will post good content, you will get more or less Merits and you will reach high rank one day. And don't forget to give sMerit to other users, there is no point to hold all your sMerit untouched.
 I general, this system have more benefits than disadvantages. Something similar has to be done in fight with spam. We only need to wait some time ti see, how efdective this Merit system will be.

HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:51:20 PM

I'm full support you because i have same situation. I registered on forum 7 months ago and still have 140 posts because I didn't shitposts. But I could be trash poster like another sr.members and legendary with 10k posts + without constructive things. Now I should beg for merit from "Autority people" . I think this forum should delete .org and take .com because they use same regulation like and any regulators against those who use bitcoins. It's system same like pyramid, guy who first sat down on throne that work less than next guy.
Need set to zero all Merits from all users and then everybody will work hard.
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:58:09 PM

Honestly, I believe that all full members and above should be demoted a rank if they do not maintain at least 10/20 merit per month for the first three months of the new system (barring those who were totally inactive). As it appears that people who just missed the implementation of merit have an unfair advantage over those who were pending a rank up after the new system was in place. Perhaps the monthly merit requirement could be tiered, e.g. full member (5), sr member (10) and hero member (20).

By having a minimum monthly merit requirement, this would demote those who don't deserve their current rank under the new rules. I also think the list of excluded users should be longer (possibly green trusted hero/legendaries?) but this is just a quite thought of the top of my head.
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:03:09 PM

I fell you dude now i supposed to be a full member now but i keep in silent because we have nothing to do just obey the rule that they given to us, besides it gives a good reflections to our beloved forum. I understand those members here in forum starting with Member to Sr. member
that the hardest part to have rank up, lucky for those member here that having a high rank like Hero to Legendary.
Let's move on and accept the reality on merit system were just like a small puppy barking on a Lion. LOL

When Merit system was introduced, I only had to get 19 activity to get chance to become Legendary member. Now I also will need to get almost 500 Merit points. I'm disappointed? No. Hero or Legendary member, it's not really big difference for me.

I know sir your not because your rank is just enough here when we talk of profit.
How about us? But that's okay as what i have said let's move on.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:12:53 PM
Merited by LeGaulois (1), crzy (1), Khurram Bin Kamal (1)

People who do not seek a rank, usually merit will come without being expect since their post mostly genuine and not being force by any campaign.
But if you're try to seek a higher rank it means that you're try to achieve something , usually higher payrate or account sales , IMO it will be difficult to get merit.

Hard to get Merit ?

It's difficult : YES

It's impossible : NO
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 04:25:22 PM

Rank has nothing to do with this fucking forum. If you're really here to talk about bitcoin, then rank should be of your least concern. Campaigns won't exist forever, what will you do after that?
Though you're saying you have "moved on" after the merit system has clashed your dreams and fantasies to a sad reality, it really doesn't look like you have moved on..

Meraki (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:15:49 PM

Dont be negative bro, merit system for me is effective way to solve things regarding shitposting and spamming since they cant get any merit from those post and eventually they will be fed up and stuck with their current rank.

To me it looks like the ones that already has a high rank likes merit because they got a great number of free merit and also don't need to rank up.
While us new members don't have any merit and hardly gets any even if we post great quality posts.

To conclude:
- High ranked members like merit
- Low ranked members do not

Well not all low ranked members dont like this new system, because with this we can read more constructive post in different threads and gain some knowledge about it.

People who do not seek a rank, usually merit will come without being expect since their post mostly genuine and not being force by any campaign.
But if you're try to seek a higher rank it means that you're try to achieve something , usually higher payrate or account sales , IMO it will be difficult to get merit.

Hard to get Merit ?

It's difficult : YES

It's impossible : NO

That is true sir, although to be honest i'm seeking a higher rank to achieve a higher payrate, yes i know it is hard to get merit but it is not impossible also, so i'll just continue to post like normal days and learn some more to broaden my knowledge here.

Rank has nothing to do with this fucking forum. If you're really here to talk about bitcoin, then rank should be of your least concern. Campaigns won't exist forever, what will you do after that?
Though you're saying you have "moved on" after the merit system has clashed your dreams and fantasies to a sad reality, it really doesn't look like you have moved on..
Im here to talk about bitcoin at the same time joining a campaign so to become more productive like two birds and one stone right? im not saying that i already moved on, if i were already moved on i'll not post this topic.
PS: Anyway stated at my post 'sharing my inner feelings.'

JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:27:07 PM

Did you really hope to be more lucky than others? LoL  Cheesy Most of us will now raise in rank much slower than before, but this is the price to pay to keep this forum a place where it still makes sense to go. The demographic explosion of accounts and shitposting would have killed this forum in another year or less. The new rules will not stop shitposting, but at least they will not reward it - and this is a sensible progress in the ecology of this forum.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Beefcake

Activity: 279
Merit: 132

Beefcake!!!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:05:08 PM

I'm in the same boat so I feel your pain, but I also understand the need for a change.  The merit system is obviously flawed but that doesn't mean it is broken.  It all depends on how the community ends up adopting it.  Don't worry too much about it and you will rank up eventually.

As far as earnings for ad campaigns, it is true that higher ranks can get paid well.  However it takes time to write quality posts and meet requirements.  To write a quality post, you also have to read the thread in which you are posting.  All of this takes time!  Maybe some poeple have better skills than me, but from my numbers, the time it takes to qualify for the ad campaign is always less than minimum wage.  So in other words it is a fun way to make a bit of extra cash, but I would be far better off getting any sort of job, slinging burgers, whatever.  Maybe it is different for the highest level accounts, I don't know because I never looked at those numbers.

@parodium, I disagree with a minimum monthly activity or face demotion.  This would force us to post and seek merit (=shitposting) and thus totally defeat the whole purpose.  If I don't have anything constructive to say, then I should not post.  A minimum will make me post whether or not I have anything good to say.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 10:53:56 PM

When Merit system was introduced, I only had to get 19 activity to get chance to become Legendary member. Now I also will need to get almost 500 Merit points. I'm disappointed? No. Hero or Legendary member, it's not really big difference for me.

I know sir your not because your rank is just enough here when we talk of profit.
How about us? But that's okay as what i have said let's move on.
If now I would be on your position, maybe I would talk differently than now. Merit system is much more beneficial for old members. But I consider it as analogy of early Bitcoin investors/hodlers. These who invested 3-4 years ago when Bitcoin was worth few hundreds bucks, have much bigger profits than these who invested few months ago. Same with Bitcointalk - these who joined few years ago now reached high ranks.
But you shouldn't forget that many people came here not to earn money. They just discuss, follow news, educate themselves or helping to newbies. For these people Merit system and Ranks aren't that important, I think.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: