Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:44:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what was your biggest crypto mistake?  (Read 452 times)
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:35:28 PM

my biggest mistake was not to buy bitcoin in 2013 as a friend told me to buy. i was to scared. but since last year i'm here in the bitcoin business.
This is the most regret by users of not buying bitcoin when it was cheap. Our biggest mistakes is not adopting bitcoin at an early stage. Because the felling of might we get scam before but now we have more time in bitcoin.
Yeah, i can still kick my own butt not to buy it when it was cheep. This was really my biggest mistake not adopting bitcoin when it was cheep.  Cry Cry Cry
lukyanli

Activity: 40
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:41:37 PM

My mistake was that I came to know about Bitcoins very late. I was active as an online marketer in the year 2010 and used to get payments in PayPal. I got a job and left the online work. I returned back in 2017 only to find some of my friend had become millionaires as they used to take payments in Bitcoin from 2012 or so. Had I remained active in internet marketing field, I would have made enough to retire already.
Paul_Jum

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 05:57:53 PM

Wasting time on cloud mining in 2015.
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:56:24 PM

Mine was selling Verge before it went 13X lol.

Everybody post their biggest mistake!

The biggest mistake that I have done with cryptocurrency is when I did not invest in bitcoin before when I knew about it and did not do anything. My friend introduced me to bitcoin the price I think it was still $13 per bitcoin and I totally missed the chance to be a millionaire but life still goes on and now I'm investing with it when the price is already $3k.  
minldem

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:08:48 PM

i am so regretful for not buying more neo instead of tron. i also bought ripple but i could convert to the ethereum. however, i could not sell tron due to its sharp fall and deeply sorry for that decision.
MiiDoViic

Activity: 308
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:20:15 PM

So far Buying Ripple at 2.8$ like an idiot thinking it was just a dip .Then the whole market crashed , many recovered but not ripple ,although they had many partnership announcements . The price kept going down more and more so i was forced to sell at a huge loss and thank god i did ,because it did fall way more from there . But i've learned from that to never again buy the hype , and what seems to be overpriced is most likely overpriced. Also don't be the last one holding the bags.
MiniMountain

Activity: 624
Merit: 101

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:22:05 PM

I always made a bad decision before when I am converting my Bitcoin into fiat currency because whenever I convert it into our currency then an hour later the price of Bitcoin just reached the ATH Sad one of my mistake also is when the Bitcoin was introduced in 2009 I had a friend that suggest me to buy it but I didn't Angry Angry

Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 07:31:45 PM

Losing $5000 because I didn't follow the golden rule and backup...
I lost my temper with my laptop because hte cursor kepy snaping back in place, all I needed to do was reset it but I was so pissed off I slapped the laptop a few times and ya... The hdd stopped working. Then I guess I should have kept it and tried to get the info off it by paying those special services  that recover data but then I thought rather not because then what if they steal all my bitcoins and other coins after restoring it and then say they don't know what I am talking about, Or worse..... They wait for months till I fill my MEW wallet with different coins then they steal it. I didn't have a ledger then and all I needed to do was take the 30 seconds it would have taken to grab my flash drive and back it up to that. Now I have a ledger and everything is safe.
Moral of the story, don't lose your temper.... oh and backup.... Oh and be honest with yourself so it doesn't happen again, don't make excuses in other words.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:37:23 PM

Well mine was buying it when it was 13X and now it roams around 7X. lost half my money on it. However biggest mistake was what I did today. I have some holdings on Indian exchange app Zebpay. Today as Finance minister of India announced budget and said cryptos aren't legal I immediately sold btc as I knew the price will crash. I however also made a INR withdrawal request which transfered my funds to bank. This was the biggest mistake. Why?

Actually when I sold BTC it was at 7 lacs($10600) approx. a big hodler came to the exchange and sold around 200 BTC and mometarily in front of my eyes price went straightaway t 2.5 lacs($4000 USD) approx. and recovered in two minutes back to 6.5 Lacs($10000). If I hadn't made an INR withdrawal request I would have just doubled my money out of nothing. Even the amount I sold was quite big around 2 Lacs.
blackstar79

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:46:21 PM

Bought Tron at 0.3 and regret not selling at 0.25. Sad
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:05:14 PM

I've dabbled with Cloud Mining as well, that was a waste of coins. Most people are falling for the same scheme.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 08:17:34 PM

My biggest mistake was when i always followed my emotions in deciding moments. And never getting over it. I must control my emotions from now. And I hope I can do it.

emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:57:55 PM

I've dabbled with Cloud Mining as well, that was a waste of coins. Most people are falling for the same scheme.

On the first day of my bitcoin journey, I fell into this scam thing too. I wasn't aware of the possibility because the reward they offered had covered my mind. I can't think clearly before putting my money on cloud mining sites.

Amilhussin24

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:21:14 PM

Man, talking about mistake, iv'e been encountered so many mistakes in crypto, but I think for me, the biggest mistake that iv'e done is being too dump. I think one of the biggest mistake of crypto traders have done is being too dump. Selling a token in an early time with a small amount of price. Then suddenly, after just a few days passing by since you sell all of your token. The price now of that particular is going high to the moon.
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:29:39 PM

The first is that I did not get carried away with cryptocurrency earlier, although I was told about it for a long time and I even took the first steps, but for some reason, I did not understand further. Second, these are mistakes that I made during the first operations on the crypto exchange when I gave in to the opinion of the crowd, took unreasonable decisions.
Dyn@styN3rd

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:33:21 PM

Mine is buying altcoins at its all time high price  Grin Good thing though that I only spend my extra money or else I'll really feel bitterness because of my failure  Grin I don't regret buying though since my goal is to collect atleast 10 of good altcoins out there.
codered000

Activity: 120
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:41:27 PM

My biggest mistake is that I didn't started as soon as I've heard about it. I've known bitcoin and how it works for a while but I just started in this forum recently. I should've bought my bitcoin just when its price was under 4000 USD. If I did that then I would have bigger profit right now.
younglord33

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:46:07 PM

My biggest mistake was not buying into bitcoin/crypto in 2013 when I went down an internet rabbit hole and researched it for the first time.

Second biggest mistake was not buying crypto in January 2017 when i got together a decent amount of money i was willing to lose and invest it, put it in the stock market instead and didn't have much success.

Third biggest mistake was selling all of my ETH at ~250.
JanEmil

Activity: 2310
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 10:56:59 PM

@Old me
The classic about loosing a shitload bitcoins when worth notting.

@New me
Selling Bitcoins @ 13000 Euro
Buying back bitcoins @ 10000 Euro
Felling like a KING. Telling my colleagues.
No they ask me all the time when price go down down down and I still have them.

zynan

Activity: 392

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 10:58:19 PM

My biggest mistake was december last year, when I sold my most precious altcoin XRB at 2000 sat only, then after a few weeks it pumps up to 50k to 100k sat then 200k sat.. My god, I'm feeling down that day. If only I didn't sold it for low price, maybe I had a 1 bitcoin right now and  money is not a problem for me. I really regret that moment, wish I could turn back the hands of time.

╔╦═╦════╣◆ TOPEX.IO - ICO & Bounty for Brand New Cryptocurrency Exchange ◆╠════╦═╦╗
╠╬═╬═══╣with loss compensation and profit  distribution between TPX token holders ╠═══╬═╬╣
╚╩═╩═══╩══╣FACEBOOK ✅ ╠═══╣ TWITTER ✅ ╠═══╣TELEGRAM ✅ ╠══╩═══╩═╩╝
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: