Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:38:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bet now - When will aliens visit earth?  (Read 3604 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 06:39:03 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2011, 11:52:53 AM by dank

I guess I'll be the one to start this.  UFO's have been seen for thousands of years during man's history on earth, while there is no indisputable proof (for the public anyways) there are monumental amounts of evidence suggesting aliens have visited our planet and are visiting our planet.  Almost any religion describing a God depicts something falling out of the sky with superhuman abilities and many ancient cultures left evidence of these claims.  It's very possible primitive man could have interpreted these encounters as gods, lacking the knowledge of modern science.  Many UFO reports are indeed fake or explainable, however, some videos are authentic with hundreds or even thousands of witnesses that flooded police lines after the spotting.  The overwhelming amount of consistent encounters and testimonials indicate aliens/UFOs are a very real occurrence on our planet, so when will we fully meet these creatures again?

Bet any amount on any single day in the future.  Whoever picks the closest date to the first modern undeniable human to alien encounter will win the pot.

More details: 'Alien' means any extraterrestrial being, interdimensional being or even an advanced intelligent being unknown on earth.  The event must be mainstream and widely accepted with 100+ witnesses of the event.  For example, a large-scale alien invasion would qualify but aliens meeting government officials in private would not.  Aliens coming to a large population center would qualify.

Each bet costs 1 BTC.  You can post your date of choice or private message it to me and I won't publish it.  You may only pick a date once per BTC per year (you can change your date of choice on Jan 1, 2012) so you may want to stick within the 2011 time frame.

Send 1 BTC from your client to:
16GcoxRSiVMACQKNpTC8Y4voR6fdNVrsyZ

Current bets (1 BTC total):
Me - 1 BTC - August 21, 2011

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 06:45:49 PM

Never in all of history has any evidence of visitation by alien life been identified. And your geussing this August? So, i'll match your 1BTC and bet against you. If by Aug.21 no aliens arrive, I win. Deal?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
cecil w.

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 06:49:12 PM

This is sweet! However, the big winnings will come to whoever plays the first games of Double Trouble with the aliens. It will take them at least a week to catch on.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 06:55:38 PM

Never in all of history has any evidence of visitation by alien life been identified. And your geussing this August? So, i'll match your 1BTC and bet against you. If by Aug.21 no aliens arrive, I win. Deal?
No evidence?  Why are there half a million results for the term UFO on YouTube?  Is it all genuine proof?  No, but there is more evidence that they do exist and have visited than that they don't exist or haven't visited earth.

I'll have to deny that offer though, I think it will happen in 2012.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
holorga

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2011, 09:37:38 PM

No evidence?  Why are there half a million results for the term UFO on YouTube?  Is it all genuine proof?  No, but there is more evidence that they do exist and have visited than that they don't exist or haven't visited earth.

unidentified flying object is just that, unidentified flying object. you are taking a huge leap of imagination between seeing something in the sky, and intelligent life from another planet flying in a machine Smiley

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 12:12:22 AM

So you're just going to hold onto this BTC forever?  What happens when you or the people who have entered die and still no aliens?
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 12:26:36 AM

unidentified flying object is just that, unidentified flying object. you are taking a huge leap of imagination between seeing something in the sky, and intelligent life from another planet flying in a machine Smiley
Not quite if the UFO defies what we know as the laws of physics.

So you're just going to hold onto this BTC forever?  What happens when you or the people who have entered die and still no aliens?
I sincerely believe we will be visited again in the near future.  In fact, if 2013 comes and nobody has won I will offer refunds if you want to withdraw your bet.

Tronlet

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 10:08:38 AM

tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 11:07:28 AM

Since Tronlet posted a pic, here's my take on the OP....

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 11:55:09 AM

Yes, because there are trillions of planets in our universe and we are the smartest species of all of them.

tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 11:56:00 AM

Yes, because there are trillions of planets in our universe and we are the smartest species of all of them.

Never said there weren't a lot of planets or that we are the smartest species of all of them... just that you sound like you're fifteen.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 01:32:22 PM

Based on the vastness of space and the presence of life on Earth, It's likely that we are not alone. However science is not done by reviewing YouTube videos.
This UFO phenomena is in fact not thousands of years old. The first "flying saucer" was sighted a few months after the first movie about them in the 1950's. Recently, since the 70's, claims about ancient cultures being visited have emerged. Never by archeologist, by UFO hunters. Just as sure as a ghost hunter will find ghosts and a Bigfoot researcher will find evidence of Bigfoot, a UFOlogist will take a blury photo of a airplane.

Tronlet

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 01:56:23 PM

aliens exist ≠ aliens visit

bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 02:07:35 PM

Some pics of Galaxies and Nebulae
 Tongue

http://web.mac.com/donnicoloff/directlightproductions.com/PHOTOS/Pages/GALAXIES_AND_NEBULAE.html#4

ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 02:30:03 PM

What odds will you give me if I bet on "later"?

dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 03:01:06 PM

How about you set up a bet for whether or not it will happen in 2012 at all?

I had a conversation recently with someone who claimed they would "bet their life" that it would happen in December 2012:

That reminds me of another IM conversation I had with . . . somebody else:

him: on December 21 2012  is the day everyone will become aware.
me: aware of what?
him: UFO's are here, and always have been.
me: Interesting prediction
him: I don't think its a prediction.
him: its pretty well set in stone.
him: no pun intended
me: Do you think that on December 22nd 2012, I will believe that "UFO's are here, and always have been."?
him: I would bet my life on it.
me: Wow. Forget betting your life. I wish there was a way to bet money on it.
him: I guess we'll have to bet on December 20th.
him: 2012

I sure hope there is a predictions market running by then.

That person later went on to steal some money from me, so I now distrust all UFO evangelists by extension, so I wouldn't place a bet with you holding the money (you might be him, for all I know), but I would definitely place a bet against that event if someone I trusted was holding the money.

Winning my stolen money back by betting against another UFO believer would be such sweet justice.

herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 03:13:03 PM

the encounter already happened.

his name is satoshi and he brought us the bitcoin.  Shocked

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 04:37:22 PM

Based on the vastness of space and the presence of life on Earth, It's likely that we are not alone. However science is not done by reviewing YouTube videos.
This UFO phenomena is in fact not thousands of years old. The first "flying saucer" was sighted a few months after the first movie about them in the 1950's. Recently, since the 70's, claims about ancient cultures being visited have emerged. Never by archeologist, by UFO hunters. Just as sure as a ghost hunter will find ghosts and a Bigfoot researcher will find evidence of Bigfoot, a UFOlogist will take a blury photo of a airplane.
BS.  Circular objects with wings (to describe flight) have been found from ancient cultures world wide and several religious texts describe exactly what we now know as UFO's.  Christopher Columbus saw one:
October 11, 1492, Columbus thought he saw "a light glimmering at a great distance." He hurriedly summoned Pedro Gutierrez, "a gentleman of the king's bedchamber," who also saw the light. After a short time it vanished, only to reappear several times during the night, each time dancing up and down "in sudden and passig gleams." The light, first seen four hours before land was sighted, was never explained."

Never said there weren't a lot of planets or that we are the smartest species of all of them... just that you sound like you're fifteen.
Would you like to bet on that?

That person later went on to steal some money from me, so I now distrust all UFO evangelists by extension, so I wouldn't place a bet with you holding the money (you might be him, for all I know), but I would definitely place a bet against that event if someone I trusted was holding the money.
No offense, but that's like saying a black guy stole your money so you distrust all black people.

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 09:40:55 PM

BS.  Circular objects with wings (to describe flight) have been found from ancient cultures world wide and several religious texts describe exactly what we now know as UFO's.  Christopher Columbus saw one:
October 11, 1492, Columbus thought he saw "a light glimmering at a great distance." He hurriedly summoned Pedro Gutierrez, "a gentleman of the king's bedchamber," who also saw the light. After a short time it vanished, only to reappear several times during the night, each time dancing up and down "in sudden and passig gleams." The light, first seen four hours before land was sighted, was never explained."

I am open to looking at any evidence and you have provided an example, your quote from Columbus. Since that quote was made the night before sighting land. I am inclined to believe he saw people's campfires or the fires they used for fishing at night. I cant understand how seeing a flickering light leads logically to aliens from another world.

I hope we do find life elsewhere. It would be science's greatest achievement to land a robot on a comet and bring back some thing we have to call living.  Particularly if that "life" is not DNA based. If that were the case I would assume life is common in the Universe. But I hope they don't come here. I think it would be a grave danger.

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 09:49:30 PM

Given the assumed amount of time that has passed and that will pass, given the hierarchy of life which cannot be expected to end at the boundaries of earth, given the implausibility of human evolution according to modern evolutionary models, given the unexplainable boom in digital technology, and given Kevin Spacey, it is safe to say aliens have already come and gone, or are currently influencing the planet.  If you think they have not, consider your extremely limited scope of observation and the fact that modern scientific discoveries (particularly those of quantum mechanics and metaphysical fields) seem more implausible than anything I've ever seen/read/heard in the realm of fiction.

Edit:  I bet all BTC.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: