Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:16:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: announcement: the international "when-bitcoin-reaches 1000,- $ party"  (Read 309873 times)
600watt (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 10:09:04 PM

Berlin. Massive party but also donations accepted in bitcoin for a charity or charities that accepts them. Not just a woohoo we have a few bucks party.

I think that's a good idea. Have some ways/action at the party to give to different charities. That way we don't look as much like rich assholes.

Rassah and I will both be there. If Phinnaeus and Jason (SeansOutpost) attend as well, that's the whole Bitcoin100 team. I'm sure we can come up with some kind of plan to raise bitcoins for charities. Maybe do a fundraiser and split the proceeds amongst all the charities we've convinced to accept BTC donations thus far.

I'm a little concerned about the amount of BTC that will be converted to fiat to make this party happen. We should be working on getting vendors/caterers/venues/entertainers/hotels/taxis/limos/restaurants/bars in the area to start accepting bitcoins as payment.

it would be awesome if you guys with your valuable experience would be willing to handle to charity part of the party. it could be a bitcoin100 project.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 10:20:08 PM

Berlin. Massive party but also donations accepted in bitcoin for a charity or charities that accepts them. Not just a woohoo we have a few bucks party.

I think that's a good idea. Have some ways/action at the party to give to different charities. That way we don't look as much like rich assholes.

Rassah and I will both be there. If Phinnaeus and Jason (SeansOutpost) attend as well, that's the whole Bitcoin100 team. I'm sure we can come up with some kind of plan to raise bitcoins for charities. Maybe do a fundraiser and split the proceeds amongst all the charities we've convinced to accept BTC donations thus far.

I'm a little concerned about the amount of BTC that will be converted to fiat to make this party happen. We should be working on getting vendors/caterers/venues/entertainers/hotels/taxis/limos/restaurants/bars in the area to start accepting bitcoins as payment.

it would be awesome if you guys with your valuable experience would be willing to handle to charity part of the party. it could be a bitcoin100 project.  Smiley

It could be done very simply. We could print up a poster or pamphlet with a list of all the charities we've convinced to accept Bitcoin donations with a brief description of what they do and a QR code of their Bitcoin address. Attendees would just scan the code of their favorite organization and donate from their phones/tablets.

Still around.
cheech300

Activity: 330
Merit: 252

NEIN, ICH BIN DER BITCOIN!

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 10:27:37 PM

It could be done very simply. We could print up a poster or pamphlet with a list of all the charities we've convinced to accept Bitcoin donations with a brief description of what they do and a QR code of their Bitcoin address. Attendees would just scan the code of their favorite organization and donate from their phones/tablets.

This sounds great! we are happy for any idea/help with that. Further details we could deal by mail or skype when the planning is a some steps further....
just_me

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 06:59:47 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2013, 03:58:54 PM by just_me

This sounds great! we are happy for any idea/help with that. Further details we could deal by mail or skype when the planning is a some steps further....

Hi everyone. Maybe bitcoin will go up to $1000 or more. I don't know. I am a bitcoin enthusiast, and I just started a website where anyone can get Your Own BitCoin Donation Webpage At SaveMe.info

Please consider donating some Bitcoin to people who have a bitcoin donation webpage at SaveMe.info

I also intend to try and make some contacts, to try and get some more charities to accept bitcoin, but I just got started at this. It is really easy to accept donations with Bitcoins, so I don't think it will be hard to find charities willing to accept bitcoins. Bitcoin is like money... And charities need money, I know.

I hope I have more bitcoins if btc is going to a $1000 or more. Smiley

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 10:19:20 AM

note to self - keep to btc back for party..  Grin

Wont it be a bit of a sausage fest thou.. We need a plan to solve this..

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1492
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 12:32:51 PM

I'll be there, put my name on the list!

I'm guessing I'll see many of you within 5 years at the party!

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
steelboy

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 10:30:46 PM

This x 1000

I'm a married man but a party isn't a party if it's full of men. (Unless you're into that Wink )
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 10:45:37 PM

This x 1000

I'm a married man but a party isn't a party if it's full of men. (Unless you're into that Wink )

While I agree, let's no go as far as hiring... Entertainers or anything.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
600watt (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 10:46:12 PM

This x 1000

gender distribution is an issue. what can be done about it other than free admission for women ? maybe we will have to work with media here. imho a party full of guys which wealth has 10 folded over the last few months may be a interesting honey pot. on top of it we would need some superstar band/singer/dj (or several) attending - if the local radio talks about let´s say robbie williams/david guetta on stage tonight at some party and it´s free admission&drinks for the ladies, we will be flooded with girls. frankfurt has a voluminous party culture and berlin even more, so location isn´t the problem. it is just up to creativity and budget = can be solved.
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 10:51:20 PM

This x 1000

gender distribution is an issue. what can be done about it other than free admission for women ? maybe we will have to work with media here. imho a party full of guys which wealth has 10 folded over the last few months may be a interesting honey pot. on top of it we would need some superstar band/singer/dj (or several) attending - if the local radio talks about let´s say robbie williams/david guetta on stage tonight at some party and it´s free admission&drinks for the ladies, we will be flooded with girls. frankfurt has a voluminous party culture and berlin even more, so location isn´t the problem. it is just up to creativity and budget = can be solved.

Works for me.

Now, are we talking about a snooty, dress nice and stand around talking while sipping wine party like "typical high class"  events, or, you know, a party? Music, (the more electronic the better!) booze, etc.

Being Germany, i picture the latter... I had some great fun in russia a few years back and would relish a repeat.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
600watt (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 11:04:56 PM

This x 1000

Works for me.

Now, are we talking about a snooty, dress nice and stand around talking while sipping wine party like "typical high class"  events, or, you know, a party? Music, (the more electronic the better!) booze, etc.

Being Germany, i picture the latter... I had some great fun in russia a few years back and would relish a repeat.

i´d favour a quick & dirty once-in-a-lifetime party event, tons of booze, as mad as possible but on highest level. we should crawl from behind the screens to meet us in real life and celebrate the fuck out of us.  our predictions, our analysis, our firm believe into this new technology will have been rewarded when bitcoin flies over 1000 $ - it will be the time when the community rewards itself with simply the hottest party imaginable. after all - we have a real reason to flip if this event comes true.   Grin
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 11:10:25 PM

I'm sorry for you, but... it won't ever happen.

Just kidding.

HOW, WHERE TO ?
600watt (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 11:19:04 PM

a tender welcome to lclc, just_me, southerngentuk & KonstantinosM

good to have you on board  Smiley

@just_me: i already asked bitcoin100 to take care of charity, i am sure we will find a way to let several organisations/persons team up and help to create a serious charity effort.

600watt (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 11:25:18 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2013, 11:39:27 PM by 600watt

I'm sorry for you, but... it won't ever happen.

Just kidding.

HOW, WHERE TO ?

welcome StarenseN.  Smiley
there will be a section added to the opening thread that explains everything discussed so far in the next couple of days.
the party will be either in frankfurt or berlin and it will make look the "hangover" movies stiff/boring/average...
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 01:26:16 AM

there will be a section added to the opening thread that explains everything discussed so far in the next couple of days.
the party will be either in frankfurt or berlin and it will make look the "hangover" movies stiff/boring/average...
No shit? If you guys need any help with Berlin i have some sweet connections here.
But i guess i should get in contact with Jörg with the proposals?
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:33:30 AM

count me in, just make in october so we can enjoy the october fest beer  Grin

no fucking way! That's in munich. Party will be in Frankfurt or Berlin, it seems.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:34:33 AM

EDIT: I also like the auction idea.

I could offer alpaca socks, worn for about 2 years by a bitcoin enthusiast (me). But I somehow don't think it's such a good item for an auction.

Are those original like bought with Bitcoin socks mentioned in the we use coins video?

I'll totally bid on those if you want an artist to frame them and prep them I'll volunteer for a 10% fee on the winning bid.

So the frame must be a vacuum to keep the smell!  Grin Great idea!

should I like not wash them until the party?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:36:06 AM

Make that a flatscreen and show the current balances.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:37:34 AM

This x 1000

Well, the idea was free entry for women. That could help, but may not be enough.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:38:49 AM

This x 1000

Works for me.

LSD punch?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: