Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:21:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: announcement: the international "when-bitcoin-reaches 1000,- $ party"  (Read 309873 times)
paul2000

Activity: 748
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:17:36 PM

Happy birthday, thread  Cheesy Smiley Undecided Cry Angry !
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 09:36:47 PM

Fuck it, let's just have a party every time it crosses $500!  Grin

That's what I'm talkin bout.  Grin

And the tickets won't cost 1 BTC Grin
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:52:11 PM

Fuck it, let's just have a party every time it crosses $500!  Grin

That's what I'm talkin bout.  Grin

And the tickets won't cost 1 BTC Grin

That's right! Set this party up. No reason to wait another year.

600watt (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:41:50 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 02:25:50 PM by 600watt

dear party attendants:

the btc1k party as it was announced in this thread is cancelled.

reasons: an important reason for this step is that Bits of Proof, the company which designed the ticket sale procedure was sold to cointerra.  http://www.coindesk.com/cointerra-acquires-bitcoin-software-developer-bits-proof/

tamas blummer aka grau informed us that a regular handling of the ticket and entry procedure cannot be guaranteed anymore and proposed to cancel the event.

furthermore, it was difficult to plan a larger event with substantial funds needed without having any kind of date. location, stage, class a catering, security,  etc - the better stuff you want on such an event, the earlier this must be booked.

this does not mean that we do not believe that bitcoin will ever reach that level again. i personally believe in a bright future of bitcoin.

nevertheless, we came to the conclusion that the way we imagined this party uses more of our resources (time, cash, strength) -especially in this permament "on-hold" condition - that we can bear. we founded a limited company and also had other expenses related to the planning of this event. those expenses are growing due to tax requirements and we would rather want this to stop. the expenses are in the 4 digit $ area and i guess we will just swallow them.

when we announced the party bitcoin was at $ 140,- and we expected a slow and steady rise, so we could evolve this party idea in this forum. some forum members thought it was way to early to start planning this event. we all know what happened shortly after this: the november rise fucked with our brilliant btc1k plans in various ways. it was great to see this rise, but it took the magic out of the party idea to some extend, because it "already happened". then, when never climbing back until now it fucked us again with this endless postponing, hoping, keeping anyone who got involved "on hold" forever until everyone was tired.  

what about the funds ?

the funds will be paid back. tamas suggested to transfer the btc that have been paid so far to the paper wallets that represent the tickets. i like this idea. if, however, anyone wants his bitcoin send to another adress, i am sure we will be able to do this.

is that the end of it all ?

maybe there are others who share our vision of this party who want to continue this adventure. the btc1k idea could be given to other hands.  it better be someone with good marketing skills (social media...) and a flexible schedule. those who have already aquired a ticket could decide to keep their funds with a possible new team if they wish.

bulleric of the btc1k orga team has several ideas about the future of the btc1k party that he may present in this thread for further discussion.

i am sorry that it didn´t work out the way we announced it. btc will reach $ 1000,- someday and i am sure that there will be a party somewhere...

600watt

herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:04:20 PM

erster  Grin

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:22:31 PM

Maybe it was a mistake to tie the party to a certain price tag. It would have been better to just pick a date and then plan for that date regardless of the bitcoin price. Could be an anniversary (Genesis-block release for example). This way both the people organizing and the attendees can plan much better.

Maybe someone else will pick up the idea.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:26:35 PM

Maybe it was a mistake to tie the party to a certain price tag. It would have been better to just pick a date and then plan for that date regardless of the bitcoin price. Could be an anniversary (Genesis-block release for example). This way both the people organizing and the attendees can plan much better.

ya.ya.yo!

It might be a nice event to hold at the Bitcoin Castle in Estonia.

The location can be made available for such things at any time.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:45:23 PM

ya.ya.yo!

As the owner of the Bitcoin Castle, I reaffirm that we can hold the party right away, or at any later time.

The castle compound features 50-80 rooms, of which 12 are currently in use as bedrooms, with the capacity of up to 30 people. If we throw common decency out of the window, up to hundreds of people can be lodged indoors as long as it is not too cold. The place has already been a venue for several memorable Bitcoin events, including the Day Zero party, Supernode III and Summer Retreat. The Autumn Retreat will commence in Sept 23. More pics.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:53:58 PM

ya.ya.yo!

As the owner of the Bitcoin Castle, I reaffirm that we can hold the party right away, or at any later time.

The castle compound features 50-80 rooms, of which 12 are currently in use as bedrooms, with the capacity of up to 30 people. If we throw common decency out of the window, up to hundreds of people can be lodged indoors as long as it is not too cold. The place has already been a venue for several memorable Bitcoin events, including the Day Zero party, Supernode III and Summer Retreat. The Autumn Retreat will commence in Sept 23. More pics.

What are you waiting for? Set it up! Don't make it a party about Bitcoin price. That was always silly to me. Bitcoin is too volatile. That's like painting a red circle the size of a marble on a basketball court and trying to bounce a tennis ball in it from across court. Just make it a party because the name of that day ends in a y. Some Saturday is good so people have a chance to fly in on Friday.

Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:12:56 PM

Ah, it's sad it didn't turn out as planned.
Thank you, 600watt and team for the organisation, nevertheless!
There will be both 1000$ and a Bitcoin party, hope to see you there! :-)

Ente
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 03:14:57 PM

ya.ya.yo!

What are you waiting for? Set it up! Don't make it a party about Bitcoin price. That was always silly to me. Bitcoin is too volatile. That's like painting a red circle the size of a marble on a basketball court and trying to bounce a tennis ball in it from across court. Just make it a party because the name of that day ends in a y. Some Saturday is good so people have a chance to fly in on Friday.

There are regular gatherings at the Castle, about every few weeks.  I've been and was involved in setting up that one.
It is a perpetual crypto currency conference center, and the Dom Perignon and Cigars were plentiful.  
There is a sort of magic there.  The kind of thing that happens when EVERYONE around you understands that special thing that occupies most of your waking thoughts.
All the help, the cooks, the chauffeurs, the bartender, and especially the other guests, everyone have a solid understanding of Bitcoin.
It is unique in all the world for that alone.
Add to this, ITS A FREAKING CASTLE that has protected the countryside for many hundreds of years.  Its history is deep, and its future is assured by the success of cryptocurrencies.

I keep informed about the regularly scheduled gatherings there, and try to attend if there are particular people with whom I would want to spend an idle hour walking the gardens, taking a sauna or jacuzzi or sharing a breakfast or dinner.  I really want to go to all of them, but that would take moving in.

PM Rpietilla to get on the announcement list.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:21:42 PM

ya.ya.yo!

There are regular gatherings at the Castle, about every few weeks.  I've been and was involved in setting up that one.
It is a perpetual crypto currency conference center, and the Dom Perignon and Cigars were plentiful.  
There is a sort of magic there.  The kind of thing that happens when EVERYONE around you understands that special thing that occupies most of your waking thoughts.
All the help, the cooks, the chauffeurs, the bartender, and especially the other guests, everyone have a solid understanding of Bitcoin.
It is unique in all the world for that alone.
Add to this, ITS A FREAKING CASTLE that has protected the countryside for many hundreds of years.  Its history is deep, and its future is assured by the success of cryptocurrencies.

I keep informed about the regularly scheduled gatherings there, and try to attend if there are particular people with whom I would want to spend an idle hour walking the gardens, taking a sauna or jacuzzi or sharing a breakfast or dinner.  I really want to go to all of them, but that would take moving in.

PM Rpietilla to get on the announcement list.

I don't know about just getting in a jacuzzi with you. I might need to get to know you better and have a couple of drinks first. If I'm good you can buy me breakfast the next morning. lol  The venue sounds great. Someone just needs to set it up.

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:07:23 PM

dear party attendants:

reasons: an important reason for this step is that Bits of Proof, the company which designed the ticket sale procedure was sold to cointerra.  http://www.coindesk.com/cointerra-acquires-bitcoin-software-developer-bits-proof/

tamas blummer aka grau informed us that a regular handling of the ticket and entry procedure cannot be guaranteed anymore and proposed to cancel the event.

furthermore, it was difficult to plan a larger event with substantial funds needed without having any kind of date. location, stage, class a catering, security,  etc - the better stuff you want on such an event, the earlier this must be booked.

this does not mean that we do not believe that bitcoin will ever reach that level again. i personally believe in a bright future of bitcoin.

nevertheless, we came to the conclusion that the way we imagined this party uses more of our resources (time, cash, strength) -especially in this permament "on-hold" condition - that we can bear. we founded a limited company and also had other expenses related to the planning of this event. those expenses are growing due to tax requirements and we would rather want this to stop. the expenses are in the 4 digit $ area and i guess we will just swallow them.

when we announced the party bitcoin was at $ 140,- and we expected a slow and steady rise, so we could evolve this party idea in this forum. some forum members thought it was way to early to start planning this event. we all know what happened shortly after this: the november rise fucked with our brilliant btc1k plans in various ways. it was great to see this rise, but it took the magic out of the party idea to some extend, because it "already happened". then, when never climbing back until now it fucked us again with this endless postponing, hoping, keeping anyone who got involved "on hold" forever until everyone was tired.  

what about the funds ?

the funds will be paid back. tamas suggested to transfer the btc that have been paid so far to the paper wallets that represent the tickets. i like this idea. if, however, anyone wants his bitcoin send to another adress, i am sure we will be able to do this.

is that the end of it all ?

maybe there are others who share our vision of this party who want to continue this adventure. the btc1k idea could be given to other hands.  it better be someone with good marketing skills (social media...) and a flexible schedule. those who have already aquired a ticket could decide to keep their funds with a possible new team if they wish.

bulleric of the btc1k orga team has several ideas about the future of the btc1k party that he may present in this thread for further discussion.

i am sorry that it didn´t work out the way we announced it. btc will reach $ 1000,- someday and i am sure that there will be a party somewhere...

600watt

Sorry to hear about this, 600w.

I understand your reasons, individually it's too much of a liability. However, I still think a $1000 party is a great idea, and we should hold the party - ideally in a major city - as was originally planned once price is stable above $1000 (which might take a year or two, if you ask me).

Thanks for all your efforts in setting the party up, even if it didn't work out with you as the planner in the end.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:45:53 PM

Darn.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:04:46 AM

The cancellation makes me sad... but let's look into a bright future... I'm sure we'll party somewhere.

A big thanks to 600Watt and the other organizers!

I would be willing to pay a small share of the expenses, say 10% of the ticket price (by ways of only receiving back 90% to the paper wallet), so you don't have to carry that financial loss all alone. Maybe others will chime in?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:05:06 AM

Does this count as "capitulation"?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
600watt (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:47:09 AM

Does this count as "capitulation"?

yep, this is the ultimate/final/very last capitulation.

btw: thx everyone for friendly words

le roiBTC1K est mort, vive le roiBTC1K
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:08:32 AM

Fine. So you now have a lot more spare time.
I have a lot of new burdens to lay on your shoulders and you damn well bet I will Grin

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:16:10 PM

The cancellation makes me sad... but let's look into a bright future... I'm sure we'll party somewhere.

A big thanks to 600Watt and the other organizers!

I would be willing to pay a small share of the expenses, say 10% of the ticket price (by ways of only receiving back 90% to the paper wallet), so you don't have to carry that financial loss all alone. Maybe others will chime in?

I didn't buy a ticket, so I cannot contribute via refund reduction, but I'll join a "Don't let 600w sit on the expenses alone" fundraiser once refunds are on the way.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
600watt (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:24:48 PM

Kiss

Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: