Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:04:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wish BFL would be as trustworthy and fair as Avalon instead of beeing a scam :-(  (Read 909 times)
Mik (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:48:39 PM

Avalon decided to revert their policy on no refunds and offers the option for customers to request a full refund(in bitcoin) if so desired because the delivery of chips have been delayed, even though these events were outside of their control!
This is what I count fair and trustworthy! Cheesy

Contrary to this, the BFL scammers ask for even more money and urge customers to upgrade to a worthless (at BFL delivery time) product called Monarch.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:44:33 PM

Has anyone actually received a refund from Avalon yet?  There's a massive thread with people complaining about it.  Some have been waiting for a refund for months.
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 11:46:23 PM

Trustworthy? do a bit more digging mate

They've started issuing some refunds, in the order of the loudest person first, to avoid litigation

The refunded coin was also traced back to their mining farm, where they were previously accused of mining with B2&B3 orders (miners showed up with dust on them, and existing mining settings), to which they denied and claimed no affiliation with said wallet address re-stating that "they don't mine at all". Additionally, there is photographic evidence (tracking number seen in photo and looked up) that confirms all of the chips being produced and successfully received by BitSynCom on-time for delivery to the customers, no explanation has been given in regards to this evidence. The suspicion is that they sold the chips to a higher bidder in china, but again, just as the mining accusation in the past was denied, so too, is this accusation simply denied by them, without explanation. B3 order customers requested their refunds months ago, and have only started getting them now because of the threatening noise sent BitSynComs direction caused by the chip issue. It seems they thought they could trickle out chips slowly in a BFL style scam, but their customers didn't stand for it.

You are right, it's good that refunds are coming through, which keeps them above BFL, and might yet save them.
But please don't say they are trustworthy

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 12:16:03 AM

Has anyone actually received a refund from Avalon yet?  There's a massive thread with people complaining about it.  Some have been waiting for a refund for months.

Although not linked in this post, I have seen several transactions via the Blockchain. Some other will need to take the honors and post the link.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:14:20 AM

Has anyone actually received a refund from Avalon yet?  There's a massive thread with people complaining about it.  Some have been waiting for a refund for months.
Although not linked in this post, I have seen several transactions via the Blockchain. Some other will need to take the honors and post the link.

There are a lot of posts in the "Avalon Incoming News" thread in Custom Hardware recently, of people being refunded.
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 07:39:11 AM

IMO consolidate BFL threads to mine.

It has the most views and I'm fantastic at attention-whoring (they call it 'marketing' in schools) so just keep adding to that and I'll promise to try and get it in Ars Technica / NPR / TheVerge / Forbes all publications I've been quoted in this year

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136392.0

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: