Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:59:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will the cities of the future look like?  (Read 19162 times)
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:04:31 PM

In the future, the cities will likely be more technologically advanced. Hopefully we would see more and more buildings use solar panel windows and roofs, as well as building with a more innovative design. It is also highly likely that we will see drones being used to power a flying vehicle. On top of that, I expect us to witness a breakthrough in technology and see improvements on life expectancy and longevity. Hopefully, the climate will not be worse or we would also be facing even worse summer and winter.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:27:24 AM

I think the cities in the future will be a lot better at harmonising with nature. e.g. lots of greenery integrated with artificial structures, complete reliance on renewable energy, etc. I think the days where science, tech and industry can only gain at the expense of the environment are quickly coming to a close.

Cities of the future will look like Singapore.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:24:21 AM

Full of empty shops and tents with homeless living in them all over the pavements ..

Amazon many tech online companies also Dapps Apps will reduce the workforce in the high street   bars clubs and what not BUT if no many have money then your bars clubs and what not will be EMPTY ..

So i imagine it to be like this NOW remember the TECH industry rules in this part of the world and yet still with all the monies floating around you see this..
Oh and it wont get better because   WELL i let you work it out..

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=san+francisco+homeless&&view=detail&mid=2F163CEA47432A8D20292F163CEA47432A8D2029&&FORM=VRDGAR

ENJOY  THE FUTURE ^^^^

wolf_norris

Activity: 21
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:04:33 AM

Full of empty shops and tents with homeless living in them all over the pavements ..

Amazon many tech online companies also Dapps Apps will reduce the workforce in the high street   bars clubs and what not BUT if no many have money then your bars clubs and what not will be EMPTY ..

So i imagine it to be like this NOW remember the TECH industry rules in this part of the world and yet still with all the monies floating around you see this..
Oh and it wont get better because   WELL i let you work it out..

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=san+francisco+homeless&&view=detail&mid=2F163CEA47432A8D20292F163CEA47432A8D2029&&FORM=VRDGAR

ENJOY  THE FUTURE ^^^^

Why such a pessimistic prognosis? What are Dapps Apps? How about you explain your logic a bit more? I can't "work it out". So, you think that companies like Amazon will take a lot of jobs from people. They will run other companies out of business? What makes you think that people won't have any money? There are plenty of ways people make money other than in retail. Many of the homeless people in San Francisco actually choose to live that way. There are so many programs available to help people, that they could get out of it if they really wanted to.
chrisnewsome

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:22:49 PM

I think that, cinsidering the growing climate change and global warming, the cities of the future will be built over the oceans and seas because of rising sea level. The structure of these buildings will be made from more strong and durable materials that the field of engineering will create. There will be marine vessels and aerial planes to serve as a mode of transportation. If this will happen, it will be like Atlantis!
andaBand

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:57:59 AM

Well I do agree that the main reason could be the fact that governments and banks don't have control over cryptocurrencies in general, however, a while ago I've heard about this project called estcoin, the idea of an Estonian national cryptocurrency, however I do not recall any recent news regarding this topic... but this shows that not all governments are so pesimistic when it comes to blockchain based projects...
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: