Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:57:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nation States game.  (Read 2382 times)
MatthewLM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 07:31:20 PM

Has anyone played this? I tried to create an anarcho-capitalist nation. Clearly the game is biased towards some sort of mixed democratic system.

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=libertarctica

I also made the region The Lands of Anarcho Capitalism.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 08:22:12 PM

Has anyone played this? I tried to create an anarcho-capitalist nation. Clearly the game is biased towards some sort of mixed democratic system.

You mean just like real life?

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
MatthewLM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 08:50:26 PM

I had to eject "The Republic of Prospero and Caliban"; It wasn't 100% private sector.

In real life, things don't work as they do in the game. Public opinion matches the game quite well though.
The Script

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 08:43:55 AM

Ok, the Free Land of Lazy Fare just joined the Lands of Anarcho-Capitalism.  I don't know how to make my economy 100% Private Sector though, so we may get ejected...
vforvendetta

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 09:46:56 AM

This game is old as dirt - I first played it when I was in middle school some 9 odd years ago. First learned about any kind of coding/formatting using it, with basic html for my region header.  Grin
MatthewLM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 04:43:29 PM

Ok, the Free Land of Lazy Fare just joined the Lands of Anarcho-Capitalism.  I don't know how to make my economy 100% Private Sector though, so we may get ejected...

Sorry but no compromises. You simply need to go through the options which makes government do as little as possible. You must hav selected some bad options when you started the nation.
LastBattle

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 05:24:40 PM

"the national animal is the Human, which is teetering on the brink of extinction"

lol

You're standing on a flagstone running with blood, alone and so very lonely because you can't choose but you had to

I take tips to: 14sF7NNGJzXvoBcfbLR6N4Exy8umCAqdBd
The Script

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 01:58:44 AM

Sorry but no compromises. You simply need to go through the options which makes government do as little as possible. You must hav selected some bad options when you started the nation.

Hahaha.....but, but, but my national animal is the "Statist"!

GideonGono

Activity: 1988
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 11:40:00 AM

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=libertarctica

I also made the region The Lands of Anarcho Capitalism.

Yeah I play once in a while. Yeah I noticed it was biased as well. Check out my country Libertopium:

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=libertopium

I am yet to change my currency to bitcoin. Govts are so ineffecient, lol. One of my issues going on now:

Libertopium Decides:
"Give Us Money!" Quoth the Poet

« Back to Issues
The Issue

The National Poetry Society of Libertopium is demanding government-funded programs to promote the arts, especially poetry.
The Debate

1. "We need government help to promote culture." says Buffy Shiomi, chairperson of the National Poetry Society of Libertopium. "Poetry is the soul of our nation, the very pulse of humanity! We will ultimately be judged according to our contribution to artistic enlightenment. In other words, please provide funding for our humble mission to bring the beauty of poetry to the masses!"

2. "Artists and poets should support themselves, like everyone else," replies Zeke Thiesen, spokesperson for the Capitalism Now Party. "The suffering taxpayers should be given a break. In fact, we should abolish all government subsidies for special interest groups."

3. "Poets--who needs them?!" scoffs Chastity Silk, Chairperson Emeritus of the Troglodyte Coalition. "These long-haired troublemakers should all be lined up against the wall and shot! That would be far more entertaining than reading some dumb poems!"

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
MatthewLM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 02:01:58 PM

It automatically thinks your nation must have a massive rich-poor divide.  Angry So it is stupid.

And your nation does qualify for The Lands of Anarcho Capitalism.

TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 05:31:51 AM

I will give this a try and see if it's any fun.
AyeYo

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 03:43:59 PM

It automatically thinks your nation must have a massive rich-poor divide.  Angry So it is stupid.

And your nation does qualify for The Lands of Anarcho Capitalism.

Too realistic for you?

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
MatthewLM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 01:33:47 PM

It's biased to an anti-libertarian creator.
AyeYo

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 12:42:49 AM

Just like the real world.  It's not biased, it's just realistic.

Anonymous

July 18, 2011, 12:43:57 AM

Baseless arguments.
AyeYo

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 11:58:22 AM

Baseless arguments.

Based in reality, so, no, not at all baseless unless you're disconnected from reality (like yourself).

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2011, 05:45:57 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2011, 07:47:02 PM by myrkul

Baseless arguments.

Based in reality, so, no, not at all baseless unless you're disconnected from reality (like yourself).

He means, you have no evidence to back up your claims. I could claim that gold is heavy, or that helium is light, or vice versa, but unless I backed up my claims with facts, they'd be baseless.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
MatthewLM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 07:37:40 PM

Once I've finished a current project I might work on my own iOS and website version of this game which isn't harsh to libertarianism.
LastBattle

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:51:36 AM

Once I've finished a current project I might work on my own iOS and website version of this game which isn't harsh to libertarianism.

That would be interesting.

However, please, don't do the exact same thing and invert it, try to give all gov. types their advantages. There are so many libertarian books/games/etc that portray libertarian societies as super-advanced utopias with technologies hundreds of years ahead of their time and no poverty (see The Probability Broach, arguably Atlas Shrugged) and taste like diabetes.

For example, a statist society would have an easy time conquering things. It would also be able to develop useful things that a libertarian society wouldn't bother with due to a lack of profitability by dumping money at it (for example, aeroplanes and a lot of other things were developed by dumping money into them during wartime, meaning they would be far less used in a world that was libertarian at the time).

You're standing on a flagstone running with blood, alone and so very lonely because you can't choose but you had to

I take tips to: 14sF7NNGJzXvoBcfbLR6N4Exy8umCAqdBd
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 05:07:27 AM

For example, a statist society would have an easy time conquering things. It would also be able to develop useful things that a libertarian society wouldn't bother with due to a lack of profitability by dumping money at it (for example, aeroplanes and a lot of other things were developed by dumping money into them during wartime, meaning they would be far less used in a world that was libertarian at the time).

Remember Statism has its flavors, too. Maybe give communist countries an army recruiting bonus, republics the 'throw money at it' one, etc.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: