Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:47:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's effect Facebook banned will have on ICOs today  (Read 1072 times)
MidKnight

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 12:55:14 PM

It has a positive effect even people does not like the sound of it. Removing the Ads will make the people search further rather than putting their investment on ICOs that they see the most.
Phenoca

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:14:10 PM

A new coin site refusing to advertising other ICOs? Not too shocking. Facebook and the intelligence agencies want to centralize cryptocurrency. Some banks do too, once they can figure out how to refund thefts.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:55:47 PM

It has a positive effect even people does not like the sound of it. Removing the Ads will make the people search further rather than putting their investment on ICOs that they see the most.
The only good effect that this is going to have is that there are going to be less people being scammed by suspicious icos and to me that is a very good thing but that is also going to have a bad effect there are many icos that are going to be unable to get enough funding and this means that there are some projects that could become successful but that are never going to be developed.
BCTBF

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:14:48 PM

There are good and bad effects I guess, the good effect is the novice investor will not be easy anymore to invest in ICOs that they see on facebook ads, meaning it will reduce people who will be fooled on ICOs. The bad effect may have an impact on the crypto price that will fall hard because that ban, maybe.
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:56:36 AM

I think that in general, the advertising of ICO projects from the ban on advertising them in the social network Facebook will not suffer. Most investors are already familiar from specialized forms, such as this one, and can continue to choose ICO projects they like for investment. This social network is not designed to advertise ICO projects and the emergence of investors who are just there interested in advertising ICO, most likely, is of an accidental nature. Such a ban will increase the role of forums such as this, so signatories will only benefit from this campaign.
Nwankwobtt

Activity: 487
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:46:13 AM

Have you noticed the upsurge in steemit usage? That's the adoption for decentralized platforms calling. In my opinion, the Facebook ban will have more positive effect on cryptocurrency in the long run

Lynks

Activity: 265
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:32:34 PM

To the best of my knowledge it wil help reduce low end scam icos
IronManWar

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:24:00 AM

I think the current ban is due to shark cargoes Smiley Few days ago the market was pumping capital Smiley That is a good signal.
Shafiqul Islam

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

burst.money

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:36:23 PM

Well, I think existing ICO pages are remaining, but without ads, just for conversation and any updates for community
No way, Facebook is important media and community in ICO. The news of ico is spread out through Facebook community,  groups,  and pages. If Facebook is banned ico News can't spread the world.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
campbell.box

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:50:10 PM

Facebook is a centralised social network, and if you promote your digital encrypted currency later, you don't want other digital cryptocurrencies to advertise on your own, including BTC!

Pave the way for your digital cryptocurrency.
surbanaB

Activity: 189
Merit: 12

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:05:14 PM

Well, I think existing ICO pages are remaining, but without ads, just for conversation and any updates for community
No way, Facebook is important media and community in ICO. The news of ico is spread out through Facebook community,  groups,  and pages. If Facebook is banned ico News can't spread the world.
Although Facebook is the number 1 social media now. But you were false when thinking that Facebook is an important media to promote ICOs. Most of good ICOs didn't run Facebook Ads to promote their project because it's usually not effective. Even they don't need to run ads of any media but they can still attractive a lot of people invest in their project if it's good.
Now, Facebook ads is the garbage ads that is including many scam sites, is trying to scam money of investors so i think Facebook ads ban ICOs is a good news for the crypto currency.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
sajeebur rahaman

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

I love Beauty

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 09:55:10 PM

There is no problem with marketing on facebook, There are many online sites that can not be turned off, Such as telegram, We all know little more about investing in ico, Those people do, The World Bank can not be successful by trying so much , Finally, give up, This is not a matter

AX 1 ❱❱ Capital Appreciation Mining Token
❱❱❱ CrowdSale:  April 16, 2018  ❰❰❰
 [ White Paper ]  [ Bitcoin ANN ]  [ Facebook ]  [ Instagram ]
 [ LinkedIn ] [ Telegram ]

bohr

Activity: 994

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:30:33 PM

Facebook is not the only social media website out there, however we cannot deny that is the biggest one and that is going to have a great effect especially in the icos that are smaller, a big project is going to be almost unaffected by it because it is always going to be whales willing to invest in it, but a small project that depends on smaller investors is going to have huge problems to get enough funding.
pureheart

Activity: 116

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:18:38 PM

Facebook have it new policy pertaining to initial coins offerings 'ICOs' . The policy specifically prohibits ads that promote ICO on it platform.
The banned is due to the fact there are so many companies who are advertising ICOs that are not currently operating in good standards and faith.
In the meantime, Facebook is encouraging people to report content that violates this new policy.
What effect do you think this will have on ICOs and future  of cryptocurrencies?

For me it has good and bad effect.
Good because people will not be lead to wrong information about scam ICO. And bad because we all know that facebook is one of mean of communication. Facebook if one of the great place to advertise a product and let the people introduce something. If facebook will banned crypto it will lessen the opportunity to introduce crypto to people.
Vinalians

Activity: 819
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:58:14 AM

There will be more effect in the cryptocurrency in that happening because facebook is the social media that actually using by some people to promote their businesses in bitcoin and also some projects uses social media to attract people without it people will get less see about bitcoin.
Arkham Knight

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:44:45 AM

The Facebook ban just push investors to research more about the ICOs rather than getting lured by the visuals in their advertisements. Facebook actually helped us to make investors use their money wisely now.
BitAds

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:05:18 PM

I sell advertising for BitTorrent and am very close to people at Google, Facebook and Twitter who have told me that from a promotion standpoint (at least in the US) their lawyers see way too much potential liability at this point taking in advertising.   A factor is that promoting a product or service from a distributed network may be hard to track down should there be an issue.

However as people have stated here all of the aforementioned companies will be incorporating crypto-currencies into their offering.

SHAMELESS PLUG
Smiley Smiley:   BitTorrent does accept advertising from crypto products and services.  Our audience skews 74% male, and they are very much of the cord cutting, technophile mindset and already trust distributed computing.  Contact me at worldwide@bittorent.com if interested for rates
sammyp

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:50:18 PM

Well ICOs are going to continue to be in the system and function as they used to before the ban. The only thing to affect ICOs is the reduction in number of people in their social media. This may result in loss of potential investment as well as the hype which Facebook offers.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
Noam2key

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:42:17 PM

I think that companies like facebook and google are afraid of what blockchain platforms can do....
I believe that the world is ready for decentralized networks!!! and thats what the blockchain and crypto systems allow.

We should find alternatives, Im sure that we will find other ways to advertise.http://

We should all work hard for a world where power is not concentrated in the hands of few! Smiley Smiley Smiley
jayyen

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:22:18 PM

I think it is high time we develop a better social media platform for cryptocurrency that will serve our interest only and forget about those so called social media gurus who keep frustrating our business. Facebook ban cannot stop cryptocurrency from exploding to all the corners of the earth .Cryptocurrency will survive without Facebook.Facebook cannot stop the power in cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: