Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:25:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's effect Facebook banned will have on ICOs today  (Read 1068 times)
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:56:20 AM

Facebook have a lot of users...but I´m not sure that it was the best place to announce an ICO. The best way is to have activity in Reddit, Medium,  Twitter, Telegram and specialized forums like this one.  We are started to announce our ICO recently and the most of the messages that we are receiving with questions, sugestions or asking more information about us are from Twitter and Reddit users.
Sorry to say but i think that you are wrong, Facebook is the no doubt the best place for ICO advertisement. Facebook has too many users almost from everywhere in the world, therefore it is really contributing too much to advertise different ICOs. I can hope that it will continue introducing ICOs in future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:17:10 AM

Facebook have a lot of users...but I´m not sure that it was the best place to announce an ICO. The best way is to have activity in Reddit, Medium,  Twitter, Telegram and specialized forums like this one.  We are started to announce our ICO recently and the most of the messages that we are receiving with questions, sugestions or asking more information about us are from Twitter and Reddit users.
Sorry to say but i think that you are wrong, Facebook is the no doubt the best place for ICO advertisement. Facebook has too many users almost from everywhere in the world, therefore it is really contributing too much to advertise different ICOs. I can hope that it will continue introducing ICOs in future.
Yes that's true, although facebook is not always related to cryptocurrency but facebook has a very large number of users. It can be used very well to promote an ICO project. Facebook has many users from various countries around the world and it is a great advantage compared to other social media. So for me when facebook makes a rule about the prohibition of advertising ICO then it will certainly have an impact on the development of cryptocurrency and especially for the development of an ICO.
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:28:29 PM

I think it is high time we develop a better social media platform for cryptocurrency that will serve our interest only and forget about those so called social media gurus who keep frustrating our business. Facebook ban cannot stop cryptocurrency from exploding to all the corners of the earth .Cryptocurrency will survive without Facebook.Facebook cannot stop the power in cryptocurrency.
I guess that is one thing we will end up seeing eventually anyway as development keep popping up. However, I really do not see much effect on the ICO market in general even with the ban and it is not like ICOs are not still making some waves. Also, I have been seeing some adverts, so it is not like it was just banned permanently, but it is still allowed for those who can at least verify their authenticity with some license documents to stand a chance and that stands for Google and others as well.
Yeah you are right. FB may afraid of such scam coins,that's why they banned these ads on their site, and other reason is that they are going to launch their currency, so they will promote their own currency that's why they are not promoting any other cryptocurrency ads on Facebook site I don't think that there is any other reason for banning cryptocurrency ads.
checkmatesir

Activity: 584
Merit: 100

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:33:55 PM

Facebook have it new policy pertaining to initial coins offerings 'ICOs' . The policy specifically prohibits ads that promote ICO on it platform.
The banned is due to the fact there are so many companies who are advertising ICOs that are not currently operating in good standards and faith.
In the meantime, Facebook is encouraging people to report content that violates this new policy.
What effect do you think this will have on ICOs and future  of cryptocurrencies?

Grin The crypto community is strong enough these days and can resist it. It doesn't matter Google, Facebook or anyone else has decided to ban ads related to crypto. The other projects used this opportunity to promote their products. Pay attention to such products as desearch.com or matchico.com They are related to crypto. Besides, there exists a lot more.
Whatever it is really does not matter as the market is still standing strong and there are so many other measures that can be used anyway and not like they are completely limited to social media adverts. The way some people are saying it though, it is not like some ICO adverts are not still running and all you have to do is to be able to show you are for real and not just some fake project looking out to scam the users.

This was done to clean up the space anyway, so I do not see it as something bad or an attack on the crypto world except for some who just love reading negative meanings to everything.
I think little bit affect will be there because Facebook is a big social media site and millions of people use Facebook on daily basis. If the ads continue it would get promotion and people would invest in it and thus the market cap of such ICO will grow higher. I am not interested in ICO because many of them are scam and investment is such coins are very risky.

mdgabrielzim

Activity: 1232
Merit: 143

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:48:12 PM

This topic is old and yet it is observed that even with the ICOS ban on facebook the platform is still widely used by the companies that develop the products. Allied to this we have the campaigns of facebook that drive much more the ICOS than the typical publicity paid.
TianaStam

Activity: 218
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:49:48 PM

Maybe ICOs became a life saver for new born business and projects, but I'm not interested in it at all. The most of them are truly scam and others weren't live more than few months. ICOs are clear money making schemes and they should be under hard control.
Baronggot

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:21:06 PM

The effect would be so big because we know how social media can advertise or promote your product. ICO's success greatly depends more on advertising and promoting for publicity and without facebook, ICO's can't expand well of spreading the words of their project. But good thing there is still twitter and other famous social media sites.

Rejinx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:56:52 AM

Already each got endure active bitcoin and ICO assets. I discharge not craving that it liking dissimulate the crypto market.
surtiml

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:00:58 AM

Facebook greatly affects ico of digital forms of money advertise. In the event that Facebook will be restricted then an awesome hamper will be happened. Ad, people group of ico will be bombed due to bann this media Facebook.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: