Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:49:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads  (Read 651 times)
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:41:56 PM

Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked

Holy cow, the thing that I have been fearing for the most is really happening. This really is such a very bad news for the crypto world, to us crypto people and for others that does social media campaigns. Specially for all the ICOs out there that are still about to start since we all know that most of the time, the social media platforms are what these ICOs use to advertise their ICO to be able to gain huge amount of supporters and investors that will support their project. I really am scared that time will come when all the social media platforms out there will really follow the other sites and also ban anything that is related to cryptos and ICOs. Even twitter! Oh how I wish that this scenario will never happen because it will clearly cripple the crypto world as a whole and make it harder for it to be well known to the public. :/
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:27:48 AM

Well, Instagram is just part of Facebook, so it is obvious that it made the same decision.
But in the meanwhile that facebook ban is really a problem for ICOs promoter, Instagram is not a so important space: as social media has a very low target, its member just share tons of selfies, I don't think they will ever heard about ICO...

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
novaprime

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

UniDApp - it's DeFi time!

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:08:29 PM

Well, Instagram is just part of Facebook, so it is obvious that it made the same decision.
But in the meanwhile that facebook ban is really a problem for ICOs promoter, Instagram is not a so important space: as social media has a very low target, its member just share tons of selfies, I don't think they will ever heard about ICO...
Yeah that's a disadvantage for bounty and projects. Currently, facebook is the most popular social networking site in the world and advertising on facebook will be a huge advantage for the project. But now facebook and instagram prohibit the advertising. Members who work on projects have lost their livelihood. That is really bad.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
bbcolex

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:17:04 PM

Really doubt they could implement total ban including the page of a certain individual, banning crypto paid ads is really needed at the current state in facebook, so much scam Lending ICO sprouting almost everyday victimizing innocent people who are new to crypto, but totally banning crypto how will they do that? are they going to censored every post or topic discussion being made by certain individuals in their platform?! nah! 
m0rrov

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

BELUGA PAY. Complete Mobile Point of Sale System

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:17:29 PM

did not hear such news. it's very sad if it's true. why should they ban the instagram? I do not think that this is real news. although recently the instagram bans everything.

BelugaPay ◄◄ First Complete Mobile POS System [ICO 1st Dec 17]
▬▬▬▬▬▬  Visa & Mastercard certified  ▬▬▬▬▬▬ (http://belugapay.com)
Stanlymaker

Activity: 179

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:18:33 PM

Apparently the government really took up the ban on crypto currency.
They do not want the broad masses to know about this, because it's a good salary, and the poorer people, the easier it is to control them.
I hope that we survive this.

╔══════╡XZEN | Hardware wallet of the future╞══════╗
░▒▓█ ╠═Twitter══════════╡ INVEST ╞══════════Medium═╣ █▓▒░
╚═Facebook═╡Pre-ICO ▪ November 13 2017╞═Telegram═╝
waorana

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:22:03 PM

After facebook also instagram: this prohibition I find it excessive, it is right that there is a minimum of regulation but if all social networks start to prohibit talking about cryptocurrencies should be abandoned because these are absurd restrictions
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:33:58 PM

Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked
I don't know about this information, but a few days ago Facebook made the decision to ban all Bitcoin-related ads, cryptocurrencies and ICO. The reason facebook launched is to prevent the scams in the market cryptocurrency now, especially ICO. Instagram is under the control of Facebook, it may also be influenced by that decision. I think that decision is also reasonable, because there are now many scam ICO projects
E-shipper

Activity: 429

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:35:31 PM

It's not good that instagram bans any crypto related ads. Btw I've read that facebook is doing the same thing. So how to make PR of new good project?

████████████████████████
  ███████████        █████████
  ████████████████████████████
  ████                    ████
  ████        ████         ███
██████     ██████████     █ 
  ████    ███      ███    ███
   ███   ██          ██   ████
  █     ██          ██   ██████
  ███     ███      ███    ████
  ████     ██████████     ████
  ████        ████        ████
  █████████████▀▀█████████████
  ████████████    ████████████
   ████████████▄▄████████████
Galaxy eSolutions
  ICO TOKEN PRESALE STARTS ON FEBRUARY 28
  #1 ICO ON A GLOBAL ECOMMERCE ECOSYSTEM!
   WORLDWIDE REFURBISHED CONSUMER ELECTRONICS
WHITEPAPER│MEDIUM
FACEBOOK│LINKEDIN
  TWITTER│TELEGRAM
    ████████████████████████
  ███████████        █████████
  ████████████████████████████
  ████        ████         ███
██████     ██████████     █ 
  ████    ███      ███    ███
   ███   ██          ██   ████
  █     ██          ██   ██████
  ███     ███      ███    ████
  ████     ██████████     ████
  ████        ████        ████
  █████████████▀▀█████████████
  ████████████    ████████████
   ████████████▄▄████████████
Balab01

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

B пoиcкe

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:35:40 PM

For me it was a surprise, this ban did not become crushing, but I'm afraid that other sites can be the same things

*** Paбiв дo paю нe пycкaють! ***
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:47:43 PM

You know, this is part of the global attack against cryptocurrencies. But I'm very positive that bitcoin will bypass all the difficulties.
The blockchain technology is too powerful to be crushed by some bureaucrats.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
rezurect

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:36:19 PM

It is logical that the fact that Instagram and fb is owned by the same company when facebook banning of crypto add was announced Instagram too won't accommodate it. It is simple as that.
Telegram is where most people learn how the ICO's work. Facebook and Instagram is missing out by Centralizing things.

As you can see facebook and instagram don't care. Why should they? Apparently there are lot's of people getting scammed through those platforms and it also seems like it's the target audience some of these ico's prey on.
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:11:26 PM

Instagram is part of facebook now, so there is no surprise in this move.
But people on instagram are too busy to make selfies and to post pics of cats, to have the time to learn about cryptocurrency, so it's not a big loss.

nik9990

Activity: 616

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:33:01 PM

yes? i cant put hashtags but i view any projects can

Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:57:40 PM

Well, it seems that a global war against the crypto world has started, even if I suspect it's a fake war, just to low the price of bitcoin.
Btw, US government banned ICO, so it's normal that Instagram and facebook respect the indications.

sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:22:32 PM

Seems a bit melodramatic, all this hue and cry over insta ads. Whether facebook or insta, ads have never been welcome by most users, and to be free of unnecessary scams, a boon. Twitter and Telegram and even Facebook are still popular and useful platforms for exchange of any legit information.
gustavroy

Activity: 450
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:27:22 PM

I think thats a bad news for cyrpto world but good news for scam issue.Because of that less people see the commercials and less people invest to the scam projects
GeorgeEden

Activity: 126

Patience and knowledge are gold.

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:29:14 PM

Basicaly its similliar to what facebook did I dont know the reason to be honest once more time what its goin about on Instagram cuz iv been asked that lots of times but time will show us and will see how to act.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:57:22 AM

Well, if ICOs are banned in the US, it seems to me normal that US based companies as facebook and instagram align themselves with the government will.
Where there will be some kind of regulation of the market, you will see that the ban will be removed.

WhaleHunter

Activity: 187

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:29:03 PM

Well, if ICOs are banned in the US, it seems to me normal that US based companies as facebook and instagram align themselves with the government will.
Where there will be some kind of regulation of the market, you will see that the ban will be removed.

In many case these big companies announce the ban, but then facts don't necessarily follow the words. Facebook should allegedly have banned cryptocurrency related ads but I happened to see one ad on FB just minutes ago.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: