Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:29:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads  (Read 651 times)
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:38:39 AM

Yesterday I got the news about Facebook banning bitcoin advertisement on it's platform.  Now today again getting the same story from Instagram is really shocking. Though Instagram is wholly owned by Facebook so this decision coming after Facebook ban may not be so surprising.  
But as the Facebook can actually control the ads as there are ads too around the posts but Instagram having no ads having only viewers' opinion so I think there will be no effect of Instagram ban on crypto currency market.  
It may too be business tactics of Facebook.  May be they are wishing for higher rewards for their services.
rallyko

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:40:26 AM

Guys, maybe it's just a rumor, that Facebook and instagram will ban advertising about cryptocurrency?
 Maybe" whales" want to buy bitcoin and altcoins even cheaper ?or is it true?

kennyy2929

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:41:09 AM

Wow, i never thought they starts it so fast, yesterday i still saw some ads about crypto in facebook, and today i didn't see any.
Seem like most of the country and big platform is going against crypto. Maybe this is the biggest challenge for crypto to survive??
But i doubt twitter will be banning it soon??
otundebis

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:43:00 AM

So we should be expecting twitter to also follow suit.  The incredible amount of coordinated FUD against cryptocurrency these days is staggering.  I am sure a lots of newbie will panic sell and many recent investors in cryptocurrency will be burnt.  I hope we can help with some educational thread.

bechay20

Activity: 114
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:45:57 AM

I have heard about banks that pulls down cryptocurrencies or thoae banker try to stop them up. Another, Facebook that bans Post about cryptos, and now, I can see a threadbthat Instagram will soon banned it too. What's happening? it feels like they're trying to put it down, and I can't help it. Our resources becomes narrow and we have to fight for that.
hashshashin

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:52:52 AM

Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked

Nothing terrible happened! I also think that this will not affect the development of the Crypto-currency. In addition, it is not forbidden to make posts and put "like", so advertising crypto currency will still be present.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:02:04 AM

Not surprised that this has happened to Instagram as Facebook is owned by Instagram. Facebook two days ago announced the ban on crypto ads. But I would worry more about the Facebook one than the Instagram, because in terms of advertising the Facebook platform has two major advantages, (1) it has a wider audience to the world than Instagram (2) Facebook is more flexible in terms of how you want to post or promote adverts, Instagram isn't as it is more "picture-centric". Either way, these are two good platforms that can hurt the crypto community growth because most people spend their time on these platforms. I hope Twitter doesn't follow suit.
husdemba

Activity: 1302
Merit: 115

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:06:08 AM

There are too many ads on the social media for oriented fraud. Scam projects cause many people to be victims.
Facebook and Instagram protect the own users.

EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:07:13 AM

it is okay for instagram to ban ICO, it will lessen scams in cryptos and maybe it will be a good idea for us who are trading and investing in ICO.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:10:47 AM

The ban is for paid advertising, not user generated content. This will leave bounty campaigns as the only option to promote your ICO on social media.

preditor422

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:13:00 AM

Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked
I don't think this is a major issue or will any effect on prices.If you think about advertising and popularity than banning one thing is also a way of advertising as you give that thing negative publicity and people will start searching about crypto and all.Apart from this there is nothing that this news can do.
saif.shaikha

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

"The Best ICO with Best ROI:: Cube"

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:21:56 AM

The big guys of the Internet are ganging up to stop the BTC revolution by banning crypto ads. There might also be a hidden political agenda to stop people from moving to crypto investing. Facebook and Instagram are fine, but I hope Twitter takes a different route as the way I see it, twitter is much more popular among crypto community.

Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:26:33 AM

I never invested in ICOs and never will, so this news is good for me as the money coming into crypto will be put in the existing projects. It pretty much benefits all of us who are holding the coins that are already in the "system".

Instagram is owned by Facebook, it would be logical if Instagram as well bans ICO ads since Facebook already did that.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
crestella

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:27:51 AM

If all Crypto and ICO ads are banned in all media then want to advertise where else, try to find a way out for Crypto and ICO management so there is no longer any restrictions on all social media.
loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:42:32 AM

They do this primarily for their own safety. I do not see anything terrible in what is happening because there are many other ways to communicate with the crypto world and more secure ones. Wink
michael shikany

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:43:36 AM

I'm tired.
The recent bad news about cryptocurrency markets is too much,
Countries' regulatory policies, exchanges have been stolen, facebook has banned the advertising of ICO, Instagram ban ico.........

jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:57:56 AM

facebook decided to ban advertising of the crypto and now comes the Instagram. May be the next twitter. is there any interference from the Government?
If that happens, I feel concerned about the future development of crytocurrency. the difficulty is coming with cryto. ICOS will be more difficult in the promotion of their projects.

Make me great again
tahmad

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:07:57 PM

This is very badnews for us. Especially for the team of ICO and the bounty hunters like me.
If Facebook ban crypto, my works and all bounty hunters works will be very difficult.
 Cry Cry
LUCKY21

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:12:13 PM

While talking about the prohibition of targeted advertising. On users with their personal pages this should not affect. Therefore, while breathing out and waiting, what will be the next step Facebook.
Melquart

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:13:24 PM

Bad for them. I think Twitter, Medium and Steam are sufficient to promote any ICO. Maybe other websites like instagram and facebook should be created and dedicated
to Cryptocurrencies news and conversations.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: