Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:30:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads  (Read 651 times)
yanesna3 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:52:58 AM

Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked
manoj6233

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:01:06 AM

This policy is intentionally broad while we work to better detect deceptive and misleading advertising practices, and enforcement will begin to ramp up across our platforms including Facebook, Audience Network and Instagram. We will revisit this policy and how we enforce it as our signals improve.
Hopeful2017

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:05:54 AM

Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked
This is really happening now. Governments are really doing all they can to prevent Bitcoin and other ALTS and ICOs from accessing and making a popularity about them. This would really cause some problems in terms of bounty campaigns. This followed the facebook outright banning the ICOs and other Crypto news. I hope they will see how beneficial the ICOs are and only those scam ICOs should be banned. Or, ICO industries should make a policy and coordinate to instagram and facebook, which are only one owner.

cryptofunn

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 08:13:12 AM

insta belongs to facebook. Since facebook banned advertising crypto, it is clear that instagram suffered the same fate. Mark Zuckerberg refused a huge piece of cake. Maybe he wants more, he wants the whole pie? As Durov with telegram, probably Mark also wants to launch his ICO, raise 20-30 billion and live forever))

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:13:20 AM

It's similar to what governments are doing. They don't want to ban crypto, they want it regulated. Regulation takes time, so the initial position is to ban everything until such time as there is sufficient oversight, then cryptos will be allowed again. They even say this 'policy is intentionally broad'. Give it time, the scams will be blocked and legitimate projects will be permitted.

D-Fault

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:39:41 AM

Your position?  Shocked

Are you sure Instagram bans ICO? I've googled but found only information about the Facebook. They ban the pictures or hashtags?
Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:17:08 AM

I think we do not lose much from the blocking of crypto-currency advertising in Instagram. Because Instagram is a social network where people share their photos, that is, all attention is focused on what kind of picture you upload.  What information can be presented in the field of cryptocurrency, blockchain technology, downloading one photo or a small video? Social networks, such as facebook, twitter, are more suitable for disseminating information, because in addition to the attached files (photos, videos), you can expand any information.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:29:53 AM

I think twitter will come out with theirs soon, I'm waiting for twitter to come up with theirs in coming days or weeks, I don't think Telegram will go this way because there are rumour of they platfrom carrying out their own ICOs themselves. One challenge I have here is that most of the accounts promoting ICOs and scam alike are bots accounts
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:36:22 AM

Judging by the fact that facebook decided to ban advertising of the crypto industry, I think that there probably already begins a struggle for political reasons, I do not understand why this is so and why it is forbidden
tramadols

Activity: 239

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:40:03 AM

I don't care, even this is very no effect at all for the development of crypto. this is the ongoing revolution. I believe, on this ban, crypto will be more famous. let's see what happens next.

iloveturtles

Activity: 195
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:43:17 AM

Doesn't surprise me as Facebook owns Instagram and so it was just a matter of time. I have shocked honestly, not like Facebook to grow a moral backbone when it comes to making some cash. Clearly this is just PR after the Russian issue.
ORiN

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:52:54 AM

This new Facebook policy extends to its other platforms including Audience Network and Instagram.
I believe exactly the same that ads should be reliable and win people's trust!!
s2sallbygrace

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:05:58 AM

Your position?  Shocked
next to facebook, now instagram. What's next?  This is going to be a seious matter, now that ICOs promotional campaign on social media will be lessen because of this banning issues. If this is true ICOs must come up with any alternative way for them to promote their project. Otherwise they will be having difficulties promoting their project, for all we know social media campaign is a big help when it comes to promotional campaign.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Brat ipoh

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:06:47 AM

that Instagram prohibit the advertising of ico the taste is okay because just a little project that there is Instagram so the problem now is Facebook,because Facebook always be in all projects.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:10:58 AM

Your position?  Shocked

what the f? I thought facebook is only doing it. Now theres also instagram? the hell, then whats next twitter?  Right now i cannot really believe that these is happening to bitcoin and i dont also believe to this news , what source did you get this news?  but overall if its really true then we cant still do about it besides i really didnt care about social medias other than bitcointalk.org i would only be worried if they ban all the crypto and bitcoin community but thats totally impossible.
poncik

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:14:04 AM

Facebook and instagram are moving in common. When someone does something, the other repeats the same.
But I still see instagram timelineda ico ads. Why does it happen?

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
nuggetbram

Activity: 326

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:16:33 AM

I feel it's a new thing starting as now governments too say that they will now mark cryptocurrencies as illegal affairs.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:21:52 AM

Your position?  Shocked

are you trolling or do you actually have a source for this information?

because in short Instagram doesn't have any "Ads" to ban anything from it or not! Facebook is a webpage which they place banner ads around that web page. Instagram doesn't have any banner ads! it is clean and shows what users have nothing else.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
blinchain

Activity: 112
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:29:06 AM

I think Instagram is just following Facebook. Nor would I consider this a sign that many countries want to ban cryptocurrencies. Instagram forbids ICO. Perhaps they think ICO has affected the user's experience, and that's all.
prince05

Activity: 126
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:35:58 AM

If Facebook already banned crypto ads for sure instagram will follow since instagram is owned by facebook. Well that is their company so let's respect their decision in banning crypto, for sure they have good reasons for banning such ads. Especially most coins advertised in this platforms are bogus or only directed to self gain of the owners and developers of the coins which stealing money from the people, and knowing that facebook won't allow any illegal activities in their network especially they are using these platforms for advertisement. Facebook and Instagram are just protecting their names and does not want to be involved in any illegal activity that could potentially destroy their good names.

█▀▀▀ A DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN-BASED PLATFORM  ▀▀▀█
 █───  Telegram  │  Facebook  │  Twitter  │  ANN  │  Bounty  ───
▰ ▰ ▰  Tokenize the referral economy and spread rewards to all participants   ▰ ▰ ▰
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: