Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:52:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric Cars - The future ?  (Read 3377 times)
kumablack

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:57:08 AM

Electric cars might not be far off in the distant future  however, gas powered cars are still going to be around fir a lon time especially in 3rd world countries where infrastructure for renewable energy cars are next to non existent.
ArcticCrawler

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:12:35 AM

At the moment it looks like electric motored cars are the future but instead of batteries they will be fitted with hydrogen fuel cells that convert hydrogen in the cell to produce electricity to operate the electric motor. These cars are already on our roads being tested.
The advantage of hydrogen fuel cells over batteries is you will be able to pull up at a gas station and pump in fresh hydrogen just like a gas driven internal combustion engine cars and you have instant full tank again unlike batteries that takes many hours to recharge before you can drive on.
a new beginning

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:33:22 AM

It's the future so I consider to buy one in the next few years too. But in my country electricity cars are rare and hard to find one. I just saw only one car in my country. And the problem is not easy, because it's involved in Government
Chris_Costales

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:45:25 AM

For now, electric cars are expensive. It is normal. Everything that is new has its price. New technology is always expensive. Remember the first computers? They were so big that we could not have them at home. Even the internet at the beginning was a lush. Nowadays, electric cars are in the same position. They are our future. We need them to fight climate change. We just need to find a way to make them affordable for the mass.
Luis_Gray

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:04:04 PM

Do you own an electric car or are considering buying one  ? What are your reasons for buying it ?

I took a mountain bike and added an electric power to it. It works very well, has about 40 km range and will go 35 kph (faster than would be wise)

It is certainly practical for in town trips like going to work, weather and traffic permitting.

It was also not that expensive, something like $800 US for 1000 watt motor and 14Ah battery (If I recall correctly). There are many cheaper ones such as 250 watt motor but these are considered "pedal assist." Also in many places law limits bikes to 250 watts, to go higher you need a different registration.

Very interesting project. It led me to be less enthusiastic about the cars, though. It takes quite a bit of expensive batteries to move people around!
What a great option! I guess it must make the bicycle a lot heavier. Is it still practical to use it as a regular bicycle with using the motor? It's definitely a lot cheaper than buying a car, but I guess there are some mopeds you could get for that price. I'm sure they wouldn't be electric though, so it wouldn't satisfy that curiosity.
shiki3226

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:30:21 PM

Everything is possible, the only question is when will it materialize. Flying cars would be very awesome but together with it's usage, there are other potential risks that we have to consider like having more casualty in an instance of a crash and the cars falling from the sky.

Luke_Turner

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:45:10 PM

Its been a long fight for electrical cars to get into the market. Today, manufacturers and marketers try to substitute "eco" for all products from all sides. The century of ecological products, eco-biofuels and eco-cities is in full swing. Did not pass this fate and electric cars. Yes, they do not need oil products for traffic. Yes, electricity is generally safer and less harmful to nature than burning gasoline or diesel. People have also invented cars thar run on sun flower oil. But because it isn't profitable it is not pursued further by manufacturers.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:17:15 PM

Do you own an electric car or are considering buying one  ? What are your reasons for buying it ?

I took a mountain bike and added an electric power to it. It works very well, has about 40 km range and will go 35 kph (faster than would be wise)

It is certainly practical for in town trips like going to work, weather and traffic permitting.

It was also not that expensive, something like $800 US for 1000 watt motor and 14Ah battery (If I recall correctly). There are many cheaper ones such as 250 watt motor but these are considered "pedal assist." Also in many places law limits bikes to 250 watts, to go higher you need a different registration.

Very interesting project. It led me to be less enthusiastic about the cars, though. It takes quite a bit of expensive batteries to move people around!
What a great option! I guess it must make the bicycle a lot heavier. Is it still practical to use it as a regular bicycle with using the motor? It's definitely a lot cheaper than buying a car, but I guess there are some mopeds you could get for that price. I'm sure they wouldn't be electric though, so it wouldn't satisfy that curiosity.

The bike weight is increased by 20 lb, and since it is a 15 speed mountain bike, there is no problem with pedaling and not using the motor. I simply replaced the front wheel with one that had an electric motor built in. The pedals and gear train the the rear wheel are not affected.

If you wanted just 20 km range instead of 40 km range, you could half the size and cost and weight of the battery pack.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1104

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:31:09 PM

Do you own an electric car or are considering buying one  ? What are your reasons for buying it ?

1000W motor and only 35 kph? It should go much faster than that. It has to be something with your controller saving up the battery and not giving enough juice to the motor. It should go at least 10 km faster if you modify the controller. if you're able to go40km that's probably the reason why it's not that fast because most of those powerful bikes that go over 50 are meant for 30km range at full power.

frigmatic12

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:38:58 PM

it is the biggest deal In car manufacturing since all cars must be recharged as a normal fuel car must be fueled, this will be very boring and also as you late for an appointment and your car is running on a low battery which needs to be recharged, till what time would it finish charging for you to meet your appointment on time...it really a big deal for the future.....
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:47:45 PM

1000W motor and only 35 kph? It should go much faster than that. It has to be something with your controller saving up the battery and not giving enough juice to the motor. It should go at least 10 km faster if you modify the controller. if you're able to go40km that's probably the reason why it's not that fast because most of those powerful bikes that go over 50 are meant for 30km range at full power.
You are correct. I'm not personally interested in how fast an electric bike can go, though. Those higher speeds I would want the larger tires and stability of a motorcycle.

It was probably 35 mph not kph that I measured as top speed, because I view normal cruise speeds as 10-20 mph (and 20mph is pretty much 35 kph...).
Rumayanhi

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:53:14 AM

I'm not sure that electric cars are really as green as they advertise. To provide electricity you need a power plant and nothing without a major impact on the environment. If you consider the impact of coal-fired power plants, and in addition the batteries required for electric cars are neither environmentally friendly nor their production
dan saya tidak aka pernah tertarik pada kendaraan listrik
cccmc1608

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:30:48 AM

i think the electric cars can not change the environment because power plants affect the same thing on the invironment . For now , we didn't use it , there fore we can't imagine how affected it is . So , there is no clean atmosphere . But i think we will use electric cars in the next 10 years when the whole word is end of the oil .
Bdking

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:46:40 AM

The main positive side of electric car is--it's too much eco-friendly than the regular cars..Another positive side is-it is faster and more comfortable in fuel cost...
But,,the problem is--it's only depend on electric...Which will increase pressure on electric sector..,Then if we increase the produce of electric ,,we will start more pollution....
So,,if we produce the electric eco-friendly and give it to those cars,,then it will be helpful to us and environment also...
Corneliusnes

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:47:49 AM

Great ideas, i hope that one day all the world will drive electic cars and we shorten pollution of the environment!
Bitchef2112

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:09:05 AM

If i had the money for a Tesla, i'd probably buy one right now, there are charging stations being built around my whole country.
One bad thing is, we still gotta stop using coal for electricity
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1104

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:12:14 PM

You are correct. I'm not personally interested in how fast an electric bike can go, though. Those higher speeds I would want the larger tires and stability of a motorcycle.

It was probably 35 mph not kph that I measured as top speed, because I view normal cruise speeds as 10-20 mph (and 20mph is pretty much 35 kph...).

35 mph is pretty normal for that motor and the range seems fine for that speed. It always depends on the terrain though.
I'm at the moment of researching electric motorbikes but companies that make them are going bankrupt one by one. I don't get why they can't make affordable electric vehicles. For instance zero dsr bike is nice with its speed and range, but the price is much times higher than a normal bike of that size and power. For 16k USD I could have a new Yamaha r6 or almost 2x Yamaha MT07.

s.mahmood

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 06:05:22 PM

Weuse oil to drive car.When burn oil for energy then it makes carbon di oxide which is very harmful for our green house.But if we use electric car there no effect like as oil car.I think there is no pollution but it will not happen soon.
ericaltm

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:29:16 PM

Alot of the major car manufacturers are turning their sights on electric and hybrid cars and it seems it's only a matter of time before petrol and diesel cars are gone the way of the dodo. Tesla unveiled an impressive truck for transporting goods. Alot of governments and car manufacturers seem to be getting on board with going green for all the obvious reasons but how soon do you predict before electric is the norm in transportation ?

Electric cars are sustainable vehicles. But people spend big amount energy for producing them. In the future they can produce electric cars with minimum energy. If that happens and I have enough bitcoin I will prefer to buy one instead of lambo. Smiley

It will eventually pay-off, just like solar panels. It is some quick math, but everyone can do it. It is a long term investment. Problem is: people are greedy and want short term results...

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉
▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌ (https://www.artcoin.ai/)
MileyPeardon

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:18:40 PM

I think it is 100% the future. In Vancouver there is talks of opening a copper mine, which will again boost its reputation as a green city as the copper can be used for electric cars. We will inevitably move towards it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: