Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:31:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: do you think i should sell my coins to cut my losses?  (Read 731 times)
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:59:31 AM

I would sing the song again and again: hodl! hodl! hodl!
Yeah, the desperation is there. The market is read. I'm also losing some money, but you've not really lost anything until you sell at a loss. The coins will certainly bounce back up.
But until then, hodl!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tangbori

Activity: 272
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:09:24 AM

hi guys right now im hodling ada,nem,xmr,waves,utrust,ast,xrb,vib

my initial capital was 4000 usd.
i am down 50%.

do you think it is better to cash out now and just invest it to a safer investment like Land or stocks
i have a 7x 580 and 1070ti mining and just rely on that to buy cryptos?

or do you think i should hodl

Selling at 50% down is a ridiculous thing to do right now. All I can advise you is that you should take your eye off your portfolio am sure the bloodbath will be over soon.
Fnrecana

Activity: 262
Merit: 3

M E D I C H A I N ¦ The Medical Big Data Platform

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 07:10:31 AM

Be positive and don't panic don't sell your token for the reason that the prices of the tokens are going down. Specially if your token have a high potential to sky rocket in this coming years. You'll just lost more if you don't trust on what you have invested with. Just chill and relax.

M E D I C H A I N ¦ The Medical Big - Data Platform ¦ M E D I C H A I N (https://medichain.online/)
 SAVING LIVES WITH BLOCKCHAIN
poncik

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:12:12 AM

Prices are already very low. I do not need to hurry and sell. as much as we would hurt. Now there is the expectation of ascension.
The price of everything can rise very quickly Smiley

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
keykey1

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:41:55 AM

i am down 50%.

do you think it is better to cash out now and just invest it to a safer investment like Land or stocks

Gosh, no! Really big players on the cryptomarket have been waiting for this moment to buy alts and Bitcoins you will sell for the low price! Spot worrying and just forget about your wallet for some time. Monitor the market, charts and wait.
guanyikclkv8593

Activity: 484
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:44:21 AM

i am down 50%.

You had better hold what you have and wait patiently for the high price. If you sell them, you may lose much, but if you wait you may earn more than you have expected.
zachwgtv

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:50:27 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 11:00:33 AM by zachwgtv

I recommend not selling and hodl unless u are in need of cash as this dip always happens at the start of the year as people are either cashing out for the new year shopping or for paying the yearly rent or downpayments of house and cars. Many would also cash out for the Chinese New Year celebrations. It is indeed very unsightly to see this big dip but its cool guys. Everything will be okay once it reaches march or so.
Rexler

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 10:57:53 AM

i am down 50%.

I understtand that the market is so down but you know that is how crypto markett is. There was a time Bitcoin was no moving so high until last year. Most of these alt coins have not reached their roadmap yet but are being speculated in the market. It is best that you hodl till they mature

Yes. That's why it would be a foolish move for OP to cash out now, in losses. Its not a "loss" until it is sold. A more better option would be to hold. The problem with circumstances like this  is that some people have bought in at the peak and moon prices without adequate knowledge about uptrends and downtrends. In times like this, It's best to HODL!

sniveel

Activity: 431
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:59:51 AM

Just because all of coins is dropping for now maybe they are in setback situation but next the coin is preparing for their comeback all of your coin has a potential so hold it for now.
eugenefonts

Activity: 364
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:05:00 AM

i am down 50%.

In my own opinion you can sell it now dont miss the chance of FUD of newbies then buy on lower price. But dont leave crypto currency because its too fast once the bitcoin will awaken it will pump 100X . Dont be afraid have some research on previous graph of altcoins last year. I guess the whales are just playing with us laughing and taking the chance for them to buy at lower so hold on and be wise too! If you have extra cash just go buy more them LAMBO later.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:27:41 PM

i am down 50%.

If you are already short lose 50% i guess it is better to hold because anything that goes dow will go  up again. You will just have to be patient in order for you to regain your initial investment again. But i think it is worth the risk if those coin have a solid project.
number37

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:30:25 PM

if you go to the Hold, then go to the end, I recommend you wait until May, there the situation can change a lot
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:34:18 PM

With the amount that you just lost and with the crazy prices in the market lately, i guess it is best to hold. You are holding quite a few altcoins and most of them have high potential for growth, it would be more than just a 50% lose if you sell them now. Prices will soon rise so as of the moment, hodl those coins, set them aside and enjoy ife; forget about them for a while.

AllToMoon

Activity: 234

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:38:49 PM

Most of us are also down 60% at the current moment. But I hope you will  not going to become fodder for the whales. May be now better to not doing anything and just wait. May be it took 1 month.  I think it will be even earlier. Take you hands out and just HODL
Malbaunti

Activity: 189

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:39:07 PM

Understand until you sell you haven't lost anything. Don't panic, now is better to buy than to sell. This is the law of the market - growth cannot go on forever.
YoungMaster

Activity: 462

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:48:51 PM

Don't panic, altcoins price will recover in the next few days, this is only because bitcoin effect not from altcoin so be quiet and stay calm.
Cut Loss will make you regret when the price back to normal. 

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:50:20 PM

I hope you didn't sell at that big of a loss. You should have bought more for a discount then when it rises back you make even more.
coinmgnet

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:51:54 PM

Just hold brother, this is just a passing phase. You should know that if you sell everytime the prices go down you will end up losing not winning. Just stay put in this period.
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:00:25 PM

That's quite a big loss you suffered, you probably enter the market when the bull is crazy. Always set a stop losses for every trade that you do, that way you can avoid things like this and never sell your digital assets if you still believe in them. You are already down so much so why not just hold through this and wait for your investment until next year, this is a long game. But If you are that afraid then I believe crypto is not for you and invest you money into land next time.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Eddyc

Activity: 1011
Merit: 391

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:20:19 PM

It is in these moments that the market shows the strength of each one, it is in the difficult times that we become strong, in relation to the question, what was your goal on those $ 4000? on top of that, only you decide, for example: you have $ 1000 in a specific currency and in the current market suffered a loss of 75% and your fundamentalist analysis proves that it will not take its place so, so it's best to recognize the bad investment, and so on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: