Bitcoin Forum
September 10, 2024, 05:18:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: do you think i should sell my coins to cut my losses?  (Read 762 times)
Furgon Chino

Activity: 336
Merit: 13

★ Italian Translator ★

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 04:29:59 PM

Right now is the worst moment to sell and since you've got quite a big loss already you should consider holding some more. It may take a month or more for the market to stabilize again since there's chinese new year coming as well but I think you would minimize your losses this way if not profit again if you are willing to hold the projects you believe in for the long term
nextel

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:34:50 PM

No! It's a Big NO!!!
You'll lose more of your assets if you're going to let go some of your Altcoins and it's not a good idea that you're going to lose your assets just because everything is dropping.
In order not to lose a single penny of your investments and assets, hold on still and wait for a little while for them to pump back because this time we're on their way to pump back.
If you could just wait for another week or a couple of weeks then you're not losing any penny but instead you could even earn more.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
bbmylove00

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:57:49 PM

Same here, I will not sell in losses. The market is temporary down due to fuds and China New Year coming up in mid Feb 2018. I will hold on to my coins till the market recover.
Kubit

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:02:32 PM

Never, but never sell when you are losing. Only if you need money urgently.
If you sell it at lost, then you lost money for sure. When you are losing and still holding
you have a chance to recover and potentially earn money.
braves182

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

The BISTOX exchange - OWN WHAT YOU TRADE

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 08:12:10 PM

if you're already in the loss of 50% , it is very risky to fix the price right now, the market may start to go up at any time. It is impossible to get into the heads of the big players and see how hard they plan to dump the prices. Calm down, everything gonna be great, just one more  correction, after last summer dump it doesn't scare me anymore. So, good advise,just find you another occupation (temporarily) and don't look at the monitor.

█▀▄ ▀ ▄▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄ █░█
THE MOST ADVANCED AND SAFE CRYPTOCURRENCY █▀█ █ ░▀▄ ░█░ █░█ ▄▀▄WHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOKTELEGRAMONEPAGER
EXCHANGE IN THE WORLD ▀▀░ ▀ ▀▀░ ░▀░ ░▀░ ▀░▀⬡the B I S T O X exchange⬡
mrlovely22

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:13:27 PM

There has been a big drop in the entire cryptocurrency market recently.
Because of all the bad news, the regulation of countries, facebook banning the advertising of ICO and so on.
All you need to do just hold.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:10:36 PM

Having lost 50% means that you shouldn't sell anything. Te only option is to hold and hope. you will not make much if you sell your cions, but you will multiply the risks of losing even more.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:15:29 PM

If your portfolio is down by 50% then you shouldn't be selling your bag because that would make you realize your loss. Just keep on hodling a few more days and soon you will see the market in the green again. Be Patient.

DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:43:43 PM

News and festive  season has a major impact on the price of BTC and Altcoin, generally the market red, do not panic,sure the "losses" will become green soonest.
TwoSides

Activity: 125

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:46:39 PM

hi guys right now im hodling ada,nem,xmr,waves,utrust,ast,xrb,vib

my initial capital was 4000 usd.
i am down 50%.

do you think it is better to cash out now and just invest it to a safer investment like Land or stocks
i have a 7x 580 and 1070ti mining and just rely on that to buy cryptos?

or do you think i should hodl

Looking at your profile, I expect that you are one of those who doesn't care about dips like this anymore. OF COURSE YOU SHOULD HODL! You bought those altcoins because you want profit so why sell them at a loss? Think a hundred of times bro. You have a miner, if you don't have a strong belief that coins will get over this dip anymore then diversify your next miner earnings and buy land or whatever instead. Stop looking at your portfolio for now so it doesn't hurt your eyes and heart. I bought ADA, XLM and TRX at their all time high glory but I'm still positive that they'll soon moon again.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:23:14 AM

Its a tough choice for now,  but if you don't need any money then just hold it, when things get better  the price will up again, and it's your choice to choose crypto investment or a fiat investment, if you can't handle the pressure and want to play safe then go for fiat investment, crypto will give you more profit but it contains a great risk of losing money
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:33:19 AM

i am down 50%.

do you think it is better to cash out now and just invest it to a safer investment like Land or stocks

$2000 in land will get you nowhere fast. 

Hold.  It's what we all do.  If you sell now and it goes up you will be kicking yourself for the rest of your life.  Do not do that to yourself. 
moni44

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:44:32 AM

let me give you my suggestion. are you still believe in your coins? or you have any issue or new that coin can't raise anymore?

if you get any doubt with the coin you have now, SELL. it is one way to throw away of the panic that is in your head. because it will annoy you every time. you have a big loss, yahh. but are you loss everything?

not yet right? my suggest hold that coin just HOLD. you loss, i know but don't panic the price maybe get down but some time it will get raise again so don't panic sir. if you still want to sell you coin. you getting loss so much then this. you buy new coin after you sell, are they coin get your profit back?
not sure yet.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:06:05 AM

You are not alone but why you didnt set some cutloss before the bloodbath happens?most of the people who are getting rekt are those who doesnt know how to set cutloss/stoploss you can set it from 10-15% of your buying point,if you are confident with your coin you might not set cutloss or if you are holding it for a long term investment,but we should do cutlosses when the market started to dump.

blankpaladin

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:07:34 AM

nope, don't sell it yet. My advise is you should hold it for now and wait until the value rise again. And I think this is the perfect time to invest because the value is low.
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:08:33 AM

i am down 50%.

It's better to hold your coins and wait for turn around but you need to be patient because it might take longer to bounce back. Holding the coins is still the best option than selling it while at loss. You should choose potential coins that are sure to give you profits in the long term. Even if they are all goes into price correction, they will surely go up in the future.
Crypto mining consumes so much electricity but if the cost of power in your area is cheaper then it's better.
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:22:09 AM

i am down 50%.

Will,the decision is up to you,either you much hold more longer,or maybe this is the time now of selling all of your asset,to cut all your losses because of dumping the price value now of all altcoins,if im that in your position now, i would divided it to half all of my altcoins and  invest the other half  into land or stock as what you said while the other half of my capital i continue to roll it in trading investment,because my purpose whether those business would not success at least one of them i continue earned and cultivate profit.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:26:04 AM

Actually good enough to minimize more losses. But, can not you be more patient? at least for 2-3 months, maybe the value will go up.
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:20:05 PM

Right now is the worst moment to sell and since you've got quite a big loss already you should consider holding some more. It may take a month or more for the market to stabilize again since there's chinese new year coming as well but I think you would minimize your losses this way if not profit again if you are willing to hold the projects you believe in for the long term
Selling of the crypto coins at this very present moment will result in nothing good for you. Instead, it will only result in your disaster as you will lose the chance of making more money and you will only suffer loss by doing so.

You need not to do such kind of thing at this time and you need to keep your nerves under your control. Do not sell until and unless the market value of the bitcoin tends to increase.
vince212 (OP)

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:22:58 PM

sold all my coins @ 8500- 9000 hoping now that btc will go down below 6500
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: