Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:30:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: do you think i should sell my coins to cut my losses?  (Read 740 times)
carlowell

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 09:12:05 AM

Selling Altcoins to cut losses will turn your Crypto Assets into worse situation.
In times of mega Crypto Market crash dip, the most and the best thing we can do is hold and patiently wait for the market to recover because investors are getting money because they deserve it and we should wait for our turn.
Last two weeks I waited and tomorrow I am thinking about of selling some of my coins because i already get more profits and I want now to fund my project that is for my house renovation.
Wait and hold until the market recovers, that way you'll will lose nothing, not even a single penny.

KTPU777

Activity: 154

AMON - Crypto Debit Card for Everyday Purchases

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:15:56 AM

Now it's too late to sell and fix the loss. In your case, you could sell the coins at the very beginning of the fall and fix the losses at the level of 5-10%. And now again to buy the same coins (in which case you now had, would have more coins). Now the market has stopped falling. Soon, growth will begin. So do not sell. Wait. Soon your deposit will increase again.

qtypatuty

Activity: 144

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:09:00 AM

Many people go through this phase whenever the values of coins drop to great value. Those people would only regret selling their coins for the reason that they sold them due to extreme fear. I suggest that you hold onto your coins and remain waiting for coins' values rise back up again.

rainezerr

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:16:12 AM

hi guys right now im hodling ada,nem,xmr,waves,utrust,ast,xrb,vib

my initial capital was 4000 usd.
i am down 50%.

do you think it is better to cash out now and just invest it to a safer investment like Land or stocks
i have a 7x 580 and 1070ti mining and just rely on that to buy cryptos?

or do you think i should hodl

The best thing about becoming trader is to know all the news what is coming to the industry of cryptocurrency, it only means that you need to know when to buy and sell in order to get profit from your investments. The best thing to do right now is just hold your coin because the prices in the market is very low.

KourtneyK

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:22:06 PM

Keep holding your coins not unless you really need the money. But you should know as a trader, you have to be updated on the coins you are investing in. Because that's how you know if there are good or bad news from the coin itself and you'll know if it is pumping or dumping so make it a habit to do some thorough research everyday.
dreico

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:36:26 PM

I think that you better delay with this decision, why panic should wait a little because the price has begun to recover a little
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:39:19 PM

i am down 50%.

do you think it is better to cash out now and just invest it to a safer investment like Land or stocks

I prefer that you should hold your coins still because the prices in the market today is very low. The wisest thing to do right now is invest on bitcoin because it was down to 8k dollar and wait for it again to reach 19k dollar just like what happen last december when there's hype in the market because of christmas.

pprun

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:51:10 PM

Well  goes deeper and deeper if the rain did not fall. The well measure is base on the drops of the rain. Your coin is a nice one and it will be drops by rain little by little to make your measurement increase in the day's to come. Hold while you can see the hope in it.
ngalamunan

Activity: 332

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:52:00 PM

i am down 50%.

I think it's up to you if you're not sure about investing with virtual currency, that way also does not matter because at this time there is no guideline to be able to ensure the value of investment in crypto
RieL

Activity: 290

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:57:58 PM

no i do not think that this will be the right time to sell you coins because there is a Chinese new year that will be coming so i prefer to wait until it go back to original price and then sell it when you get your profits price before the big dump
george_hured

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:01:42 PM

Most likely I think that you should not sell all your altcoins because they can still grow and please you, but in any case I think that you need to be more careful with these thoughts, you can lose your deposit very quickly
Airelves09

Activity: 298

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 02:03:32 PM

I think you still have a good hold. Otherwise, you will lose more. 2018 just started. There is still a way to go in the future. I have seen your investment. I think these coins are all good. Keep it on. Don't sell it.

Drakula

Activity: 421
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:05:03 PM

I think that you better delay with this decision, why panic should wait a little because the price has begun to recover a little
I agree with you, it is better and a wise move if you will wait until the coins recover and the prices increase. With this, you could have a high profit that can be used in the future.
clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:06:30 PM

If you have no pressing need and your bills and spending is adequately planned and paid for,  selling is always a bad trading decision.  If your investment is not mature yet,  you wil be doing a lots of deservice to your self and selling your coin short if you sell.

RedArcher

Activity: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:08:37 PM

in this case (50% loss) I would recommend you to wait. Just wait and see what comes next.
If you hear news that btc or other coins may fall and it hasn't happened yet - then it will not happen.
just stay cool. at least you can diversify your coins between the most popular ones.
I use coinmonkey exchanger for such purposes, you don't pay big fees but get rates from several exchanges. so, as most people here keep hodling and put your balls together  Grin
apolonio

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:09:50 PM

The decision will be yours dude.Even if we say that hodl for a while so that you may see some developments in the value of your altcoins that it will be up again,but still keep selling it we can do nothing about it.If ever you see some changes then go so that you will regain from your loss.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
virtued

Activity: 165

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:10:57 PM

I strongly recommend that you don't sell your coins right now, the market is starting to look bullish once again, consider external factors that are occurring right now such as Chinese New Year, the markets going to change rapidly over the course of this year, I think you'd be silly to cash in your losses now as it would only become harder to make an ROI of your original investment off of a mining rig that will become harder to make money over time. Also, I see potential in a number of coins that you listed. After all, it's your choice but I hope you consider what I had to say.

Virtued
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:13:06 PM

Yes, you should. Everyone should learn a little bit of technical analysis, it's really not that hard and can give you a lot of information about a specific market. For example today, bitcoin surpassed the psychological resistance of 9000$ and rocketed up to 9250$ in minutes, this happens all the time, it will happen again if we surpass 10k. The same can be applied when the market is crashing, it's quite easy to identify big resistance/support lines and understand that once they are broken, the market is going to have a big move, upwards or downwards. If you are using these simple techniques and indicators it's quite easy to cut losses and make more gains. This doesn't mean you don't believe in bitcoin and the technology and bla bla, this market is still an extremely volatile one, holding forever might not always be a good idea for everyone.

My personal ''strategy'' is to hold a few altcoins on my wallet and then trade with the big ones like btc or eth. I think this way you can always profit from the market even if it's crashing.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:13:12 PM

i am down 50%.

No,, you should hold as half of your bag is a good long term coin. Your mistake is you bought during the top of the bullrun so it's a given that you will suffer losses right now, the losses already too big so it's better to hold them for a few months or maybe a year. It's your decision to invest where you want, if you can't handle crypto price movement then it''s better to buy land as stock is just a poor crypto.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
watchurstep45

Activity: 300

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:14:06 PM

i am down 50%.

it depends on the coin you buy. but if you have a lot of money in your hands why not hold your coin. its better to hold in these days right now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: