Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:34:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will altcoins be independent of bitcoin's movement?  (Read 340 times)
bottledfireworks

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:48:47 AM

I understand that since altcoins are paired with BTC for trading, the price is based off bitcoin's.

However, even if an altcoin is doing well, it can tank (in terms of sats) when bitcoin's price corrects.

Will we ever see a market that isn't so heavily dependent on bitcoin? Is this possible for the future?

We need to accept what value of altcoins now. We need still to wait and have some patient because when the value of bitcoin is going high and going stable again, we don't have any problem in altcoins because value of it is going high too. Patient is the key for successful life.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
velive08

Activity: 815
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:56:17 AM

I understand that since altcoins are paired with BTC for trading, the price is based off bitcoin's.

However, even if an altcoin is doing well, it can tank (in terms of sats) when bitcoin's price corrects.

Will we ever see a market that isn't so heavily dependent on bitcoin? Is this possible for the future?
for now altcoin runs itself without relying on bitcoin I think it's hard. but in the future it may happen if too often depend on the bitcoin altcoin prices can not be stable. but I think it will need a process and time to come.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
goncalvopietro

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:01:58 AM

Bitcoin dominates the crypto currency market because it is the most voluminous coin of this market. This situation continues for a long time.
Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:25:09 AM

I watch the course of altcoins in the equivalent of bitcoin. Therefore, independence is not possible in my opinion. If even bitcoin as it separates, then another coin will appear, in relation to which the course of all other coins will be evaluated. There must always be some point in relation to which you can evaluate the value.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:29:39 AM

If a coin may be bought without converting it to bitcoin,  then it's rate may not depend on bitcoin 's price. It is simple:) 

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
vfrcbv91

Activity: 337
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:30:28 PM

I think coins will be independent of bitcoin only when they are directly traded to fiat.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:32:03 PM

As long as alt prices are pegged to bitcoin prices they can't be independent. It looks like most altcoins will never be independent at this rate.
gnerro2

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

illustrator

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:33:07 PM

technically if an altcoin owns a proprietary blockchain it should not be constrained by bitcoin movements (technically.. in fact it's another question!)

#@@     #@@   /@@@@@@@   @@%       @@@         %@@@@@@@@           
            #@@     #@@   /@@*       @@%       @@@       *@@@     /@@*         
            #@@@@@@@@@@   /@@@@@@@   @@%       @@@       @@@       @@@         
            #@@     #@@   /@@*       @@%       @@@       #@@*      @@%         
            #@@     #@@   /@@&&&&&   @@@&&&&&  @@@&&&&&&  #@@@&#%@@@&
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:35:05 PM

The growth of coins depends on the increased demand of users. If users begin to actively use altcoins instead of bitcoin, then we can see that they are not in dependent on bitcoin.
pooque

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:08:44 PM

That wont be happening in the future,because bitcoin is dictating how these altcoins will do,market will be based to bitcoin's investors,if these investors pull out their money from bitcoin's the market will surely crash as what we are experiencing the marketcap falls all the altcoins will bleed,the only time these alts wil lbe independent when these investors wont put their money to bitcoin which is not possible.

makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:11:28 PM

I think that in the near future this should happen because, frankly speaking, everyone is a little tired of dominating bitcoin in the market and all the altcoins today completely depend on the behavior of exactly bitcoin, I think that soon everything should happen
IloveDigibyte

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

POS / PRIMENODES

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:17:54 PM

I don't think this will happen any time soon. Bitcoin is like gold for crypto world, because it is always use for comparison. As long as there is high demand for Bitcoin, Bitcoin will rule the market.

Wind_Crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:26:05 PM

Just as the reference currency in the international monetary system changed from pound to usd in the early 1900s, bitcoin is slowly becoming less of a SOLE reference currency in exchanges. Many exchanges have already added eth-pairs, ltc-pairs or even dogecoin-pairs.

U've to understand that a lot of the correlation in cryptocurrency fluctuations does not occur in this manner: (i) bitcoin moves first, (ii) then altcoins follow. Sometimes the two are simultaneous, due to the fact that events such as news of trading bans etc. cause a drop in sentiments in the crypto-markets AS A WHOLE, or good news such as the crypto hearing in US lifted market confidence AS A WHOLE.

Presumably when mainstream acceptance of all crypto grows, and systemic shocks to the cryptoverse are rarer, there is a chance for altcoins and bitcoin to decouple. I.e., Altcoins will presumably gain more independence from bitcoin's movement when everyone recognise them as separate entities. Just as the masses found btc in early dec, then found alts in mid-dec to early jan, sooner or later, alts with solid teams, real use cases and real participants in their ecosystem will gain their own places in mainstream folks' daily lives, and coin-specific shocks rather than systemic market shocks will take over in causing price fluctuations.
GFE

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:35:41 PM

Probably it will be possible in future. However, as you noticed BTC is the main pair traded at criptocurrency exchanges and altcoins depend on BTC price 

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:47:37 PM

As for me not any time soon. Btc will still continue to determine the market for alt coins. Its still the apex coin in the pecking order. However, with the success of alt coins such as ETH becoming a force to reckon with, the reality of alt coins becoming independent of Btc price may come true. We just all have to wait and observe.
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:50:48 PM

All altcoins are shoot off of Bitcoin and it is not visible for now for altcoin price movement to be independent of what is happening with Bitcoin price. I do
see the possibility now.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:11:20 PM
Merited by Thanasis (2)

The growth of coins depends on the increased demand of users. If users begin to actively use altcoins instead of bitcoin, then we can see that they are not in dependent on bitcoin.

Market movement of any coin will be depend on the project. If the project is fine to invest such as exchanges, smart contract, app integration or security oriented. You will get the people more like and invest on the project. This is how it reaches to expected marketcapital in their token sale time.

If project is not on the Ethrereum platform you will get the different marketplace movement buddy. This is I am saying because of last dump time trend I watched Vechain and USDT trend when all the goes to cheap.
This is how we have to conclude the bitcoin and altcoin are co-dependent one.
JulienC

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:18:15 PM

When exchanges start offering Fiat pairings, the correlation will disappear.

I have good hopes for the FairX decentralized exchange of Stellar. If it's as good as they advertise it, it could become the market leader with lots of fiat pairings.
Gnompork

Activity: 200
Merit: 8

Power to gnomes!

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 06:21:45 PM

I think bitcoin has become something of gold to ordinary money when there was a gold standard. As we all remember, the gold standard was abolished when gold became severely scarce due to the developed economy. Bitcoin has a large emission. At some point will be about the same. His place will take another coin, which will be the most important for crypto-world. When this happens, it is very difficult to say. Maybe an ICO telegram in a couple of years.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
madtea

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:27:25 PM

Its about market sentiment. Crypto is crashing right now, how do we know BTC is falling "first"? Also this is very normal, if one video game company has bad earnings report, all video game companies drop. If Apple has bad earnings, the entire stock market could shift.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: