Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:13:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will altcoins be independent of bitcoin's movement?  (Read 343 times)
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:04:50 PM

I understand that since altcoins are paired with BTC for trading, the price is based off bitcoin's.

However, even if an altcoin is doing well, it can tank (in terms of sats) when bitcoin's price corrects.

Will we ever see a market that isn't so heavily dependent on bitcoin? Is this possible for the future?

no, the market still desperately needs bitcoin as a reference price of all altcoin. market and bitcoin can not be separated anyhow. as long as bitcoin still has the highest value, so long as bitcoin will remain a benchmark of the price of all altocoin.

TheaterBoom

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:14:39 PM

I hope one day altcoins will be independent, but it's very hard to forecast how long we will wait.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:16:20 PM

The Crypto currency has so far taken some first steps in its development. Of course, over time, there will be a lot of trading pairs on exchanges and exchangers and then many successful coins will not depend on bitcoin. Only new coins that just appear on the market must have a binding to bitcoin or other old and known coins.
cryptamod

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:17:35 PM

It wont happen because if bitcoin's collapse most of the altcoins in the market wont survive,bitcoin is the foundation of all the cryptocurrencies,and most of the altcoins are paired with bitcoin and it means whatever happened to bitcoin the altcoins will react to it and will follow bitcoin's footsteps.Most of the investors are investing to bitcoin that is why bitcoin's price movements will dictate how these altcoins will do.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
Djabba

Activity: 528
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:44:54 PM

This will take some time, but I am sure it’s going to happen. If you have noticed there was the change in alts behavior just recently. Alts are not dropping when btc is going up anymore  as it used to be before. That shows that cryptomarket is becoming healthier. To reduce dependency to btc more trading pares should come I believe. There was a news that bitfinex(if I am not mistaken) is opening trades using EOS. That is one more step to what the topic maker wish for
cryptonero

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:52:06 PM

Wont be happening because most of the altcoins are being paired with bitcoin and they are all being measured using satoshis,most of the coins wont surivive in the future because they dont have any good working product/services,when bitcoin's value skyrockets again most of these shitcoins wont have any chance to grow or to have more value.

Stradivarioos

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:59:06 PM

I think that this is quite real. But still it will not be soon, as Bitcoin is still the head of the Crypto currency. Until there is some sort of altcoin that will cost just like Bitcoin, it's more technological and popular.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
LeroyBro

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:06:27 PM

Not anytime soon I think.  A lot of people still depend on bitcoin to predict and speculate trends.

Whether it's a good or a bad thing depends on you. Grin

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:17:11 PM

Not anytime soon I think.  A lot of people still depend on bitcoin to predict and speculate trends.

Whether it's a good or a bad thing depends on you. Grin

I think it won't happen that altcoin can be independent of bitcoin movement because a lot of share holders, investors and users who will preparable in investing product to be working by pre-earner that makes it known in the community with much anticipating higher price volatility compared to the lower price volatilty. Makes altcoin depends on bitcoin movement.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:20:50 PM

I understand that since altcoins are paired with BTC for trading, the price is based off bitcoin's.

However, even if an altcoin is doing well, it can tank (in terms of sats) when bitcoin's price corrects.

Will we ever see a market that isn't so heavily dependent on bitcoin? Is this possible for the future?

Basically, alternative coin price go the same track with bitcoion simply because the exchanges use it as a primary currency for coversion. Bitcoin also becomea the basis because it has become the one of the best established coin. Its like doklar in the traditional currency, where prices are all based. There were coins that are not dependent on bitcoin, those coin maybe established already or centralised unlike bitcoin which is not.
Blas

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:27:14 PM

It is not altcoins decision to be dependent of Bitcoin's prize. It is the investors who make this dependency. If they stop following Bitcoins trend with their altcoin holdings market will be different. But I am afraid that this will never happen.
novocaine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:30:30 PM

I think will be changed when other altcoins have an enough capitalization market to contrast the number 1 coin as now the BTC, but this year will be more new altcois or icos that will be very huge in terms of capitalization.

Often enough to see this year a grat changing in this way, maybe next year will be more strong the altcoins market, just waiting and see
gnerro2

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

illustrator

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:19:18 AM

It is not altcoins decision to be dependent of Bitcoin's prize. It is the investors who make this dependency. If they stop following Bitcoins trend with their altcoin holdings market will be different. But I am afraid that this will never happen.

Mmm its a good analysis.. so Coin values are just Linked to speculation and not in tecnology behind project itself..thats why usually hype and rumors boost Coin values.

#@@     #@@   /@@@@@@@   @@%       @@@         %@@@@@@@@           
            #@@     #@@   /@@*       @@%       @@@       *@@@     /@@*         
            #@@@@@@@@@@   /@@@@@@@   @@%       @@@       @@@       @@@         
            #@@     #@@   /@@*       @@%       @@@       #@@*      @@%         
            #@@     #@@   /@@&&&&&   @@@&&&&&  @@@&&&&&&  #@@@&#%@@@&
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: