Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:11:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF just happened?? Bitfinex scam ??  (Read 285 times)
exchange.blue

Activity: 420
Merit: 40

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:09:56 PM

you are trying way too hard to create a conspiracy theory now.

LOL. If you'd just have watched the T&S instead of posting here you wouldn't post this kind of thing. I'm actually really amazed nobody is even reacting here who saw it, this is the 'trading discussion' forum, nobody here watches T&S ? What kind of traders are you guys?

Anyway, somebody has bought over 20.000 BTC on bitfinex in the last 24 hours, holding up the whole bitcoin market. While other marketplaces (GDAX, Kraken etc) just dropped he paid almost always more than $400 above the market price, often times even $500. That's 100% sure no normal market behaviour. Nobody in his right mind would give away millions and millions of dollars.

It was so easy to identify him because he was using iceberg/hidden orders on each $50/$100 level

that explains anomaly in pricing

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WhaleSlayer

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:19:11 AM

there is this button on your keyboard called PrtSc which takes a screenshot of what you are seeing Grin

anyways bitfinex is as it has always been, a small part of the bitcoin market currently with about 6% of the total volume. i seriously doubt (as i have always doubted this before) that they are using printed tether to buy bitcoin. a market that small can not change much.

besides seeing lots of buys happening at some price level doesn't necessarily mean some shenanigan is going on. it might as well be some FOMO buying of weak hands who bought bitcoin at $12k+ dumped at $9k in panic, FOMO bought back at $10200 and sold again at $9k+ level. there is no reason for these people's behavior to suddenly change just because price is now lower!

Technically speaking, it could even be the activity of bots, since I guess that big financial groups don't put employees to press buttons for days and days if they can put bots. Of course, one would expect that bots are better programmed though.
sjefdeklerk (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 8

SODL

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:23:11 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 12:43:27 AM by sjefdeklerk

Zerohedge did an article today, this guy bought 32.000 btc beginning of february, pretty sure this is the 'mysterious refresher buyer' I saw: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-15/bitcoin-tests-10k-mysterious-crypto-trader-dip-buys-400-million

He's now the 3rd biggest BTC holder in the world. Nobody knows who this is of course. Might be bitfinex related, but also might really be just some hedgefund for example. Then again, it really smells like bitfinex scam, for normal users wouldn't buy the way this guy did.
sjefdeklerk (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 8

SODL

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:53:51 PM

Zerohedge did an article today, this guy bought 32.000 btc beginning of february, pretty sure this is the 'mysterious refresher buyer' I saw: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-15/bitcoin-tests-10k-mysterious-crypto-trader-dip-buys-400-million

He's now the 3rd biggest BTC holder in the world. Nobody knows who this is of course. Might be bitfinex related, but also might really be just some hedgefund for example. Then again, it really smells like bitfinex scam, for normal users wouldn't buy the way this guy did.

Well this wallet is not related, this is Huobi.
Duogembrot

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:21:13 PM

Did any of you guys see that ? A HUGE refresher on bitfinex stalled the market. Where all other markets sold down to below $8500 there was this 1 guy on bitfinex who kept buying and buying EVERYTHING around the $9000 level. This 100% wasn't normal market behaviour why would anyone buy thousands of bitcoins and pay $500 too much on every bitcoin, basically throwing away millions and millions of dollars ? I think this only could have been Bitfinex themselves, buying the market up with fake tether money.

this possibility to boost the popularity of the bitfinex exchange market and attract some big players to trading on bitfinex I hope this does not make or harm others.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: