Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:27:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Red days resistant portfolio  (Read 240 times)
orkoso (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:52:51 PM

As I am writing this, most coins are have been in red all week and look like they are going to stay like that for a while. In moments like this, one wishes to know how to build a more resistant portfolio or have a strategy to minimize the drops by buying stable and selling speculative coins.

So, I am looking here for coins that are less related to Bitcoin or that are even able to grow when the heavy dips came. One of them is probably NEO (as today)... any others that you have seen having resilience? (please don´t just list, give a view of the coin)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
777asianinvasian

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

🌟 MIRA ICO 🌟

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:22:02 AM

Quantum Resistant Ledger-Hedge against BTC, enough said.
Bitcore (BTX)-Fixes current scaling issues and can handle 48 million transactions a day which is loads more than Bitcoin.

cryptofirm

Activity: 1039
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:10:37 AM

in my opinion for now is the best time to buy ARDOR and Stealthcoin
both are in overbought area,,
but, this is only my predictions so if you want to buy, just buy with your own risk
thank you

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Shtamm_oval

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:18:40 AM

As I am writing this, most coins are have been in red all week and look like they are going to stay like that for a while. In moments like this, one wishes to know how to build a more resistant portfolio or have a strategy to minimize the drops by buying stable and selling speculative coins.

So, I am looking here for coins that are less related to Bitcoin or that are even able to grow when the heavy dips came. One of them is probably NEO (as today)... any others that you have seen having resilience? (please don´t just list, give a view of the coin)
Now all the coins for which you bet you can not give you what you expect from them. So you should not choose one or two green ones from all the red ones, you need to predict and collect coins for the long term and promising.
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:20:02 AM

I think there is no stable coin and everything is down.
I always ask myself and look for answers to this.
When does this situation end and all the coins recover?
Do i have to sell or buy back?
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:31:41 AM

You only lose when you sell. Don't sell. Hodl your hand.
Julen

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:42:05 AM

As a newbie to the scene (i came in during the december ath) this is getting a bit worrying though.  Seeing half of your investment disappear day after day is weird.  Will stick through though as i believe this is in fact bound to succeed and will even be buying some coins which i found too expensive before. Problem is, i've been buying in the dips every time over the past week, only for an even heavier dip to come afterwards Sad
bitcoinsc

Activity: 439
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:44:20 AM

i had ardor last night sold it for decred. ardor dipped 30 cents wow.

Ethereum and Uniswap.
Glen Hoddle

Activity: 418
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:49:12 AM

Gulden would be a good option. Not just today but more in the future.

Most of the volume with Gulden is on its very own dedicated fiat exchange, Nocks. Nocks will shortly add a GBP and USD fiat pairing on its exchange - further distancing Gulden from BTC. Another fiat exchange is planned for April. It's very easy to transfer to fiat from Gulden.

When regulation kicks in over the next few months many coins will either disappear or crash in price. Gulden will become a true safe haven when the regulatory shitstorm hits crypto. And it will.

Gulden is effectively self regulating. Rather than doing everything required by law at this moment with regards to compliance, Gulden and Nocks go above and beyond.

As a quick example take this from the Nocks FAQ:

Do you report unusual transactions?

Applicable laws specify which traders and service providers need to report unusual transactions. Gulden traders and/ or exchanges do not fit into this category and unusual transactions don’t have to be reported.

However, in collaboration with our payment service provider and banks, Nocks does report unusual transactions

This sort of thing puts Gulden ahead of almost all other coins and will ensure it performs strongly during the regulatory storm that is surely coming to a coin near you.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:35:55 AM

What I don't understand is that when the market is up some people expect it to continue to that way, which is not possible. I would love to see that market go that way forever, but talking profit is the most important thing in a bull market, this period is a time of good buy especially for BTC, Bitcoin at $8000 is a steal IMO
orkoso (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:26:51 PM

Quantum Resistant Ledger-Hedge against BTC, enough said.
Bitcore (BTX)-Fixes current scaling issues and can handle 48 million transactions a day which is loads more than Bitcoin.

QRL, nice coin, I do reckon it has certain technical merit, but it has crashed even more than the rest during this week. I will look more into Bitcore as the technical spec seems brilliant and could work as a balance.
orkoso (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:29:47 PM

I think there is no stable coin and everything is down.
I always ask myself and look for answers to this.
When does this situation end and all the coins recover?
Do i have to sell or buy back?

I guess that then is only the USD dollar to balance. However, let´s assume that I do want to stay in the crypto space, and look for coins that are not always up, but just not that correlated to BTC.
orkoso (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:31:14 PM

What I don't understand is that when the market is up some people expect it to continue to that way, which is not possible. I would love to see that market go that way forever, but talking profit is the most important thing in a bull market, this period is a time of good buy especially for BTC, Bitcoin at $8000 is a steal IMO

That is not really the point. Most likely all coins fall on certain days, but some of them can be less prone to follow BTC specifically. I see no particular reason to say that 8000 is an objective price.
nuskill

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:53:00 PM

in my opinion for now is the best time to buy ARDOR and Stealthcoin
both are in overbought area,,
but, this is only my predictions so if you want to buy, just buy with your own risk
thank you

totally agree with you. Ardor in the 5k sat area was a insane steal! especially if you look at the orders...big accumulation going on so probably a good pump soon.
moneva

Activity: 126
Merit: 28

diwtoken.com

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 08:58:39 PM

In this situation, it is already too late to build up a strong portfolio. I think it's just best to do nothing. HODL and RELAX. My portfolio (BTC, ETH, ELIX, WAVES) has shrunk by 70%.. within 3-4 weeks...

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jonland22

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:05:39 PM

Absolutely!
I don't understand why lot of people are getting affected with these corrections, you won't realized those red in your portfolio or i should say "decreased in price rate" if you simply hold your coins unless you have some kind of panic disorder or you don't know how this market actually works.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
Rodimill8

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:15:48 PM

Absolutely!
I don't understand why lot of people are getting affected with these corrections, you won't realized those red in your portfolio or i should say "decreased in price rate" if you simply hold your coins unless you have some kind of panic disorder or you don't know how this market actually works.

there are many newbies in this market. I'm sure that earlier they did not seen such corrections. So it plays nerves and the fear of losing all the money, if money credid also, and they fix theirs deposit. You need remember that correction can go long flat too.
loky4i4

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:25:18 PM

wtf can you explain this ? sell high, buy low it's that simple , don't hodl if you can make more money
bitcoinmuseum

Activity: 924
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:35:32 PM

it would be best to buy  tether in such cases, other than that, it makes sense to invest in durable projects like ethereum...
debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:40:35 PM

I don't think there are any 'red days resistant' coins and I will give an example.

Yesterday ETH was the biggest winner in BTC value. Now it's back to 0.103.
NEO was one of the biggest losers this morning, not it's fine again.

Just be careful and never trade/invest more than you can afford to lose.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: