Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:21:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: An entity that enforces the law is allowed violation of the very laws it enforce  (Read 2418 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 01:32:01 AM

+1.  Exactly.  Well if you have smartphone with internet, then it is possible to set up.  I wish I had done that.  But it is easy to forget to press "record".  I have actually been wanting to make a simple open-source dash cam.  Something that you don't have to remember to press record and you don't have to worry about it running out of batteries, and it always stores the incomming video to an encrypted micro sd card.  If it is late at night or you have been partying too much, it is very easy to forget to press record before driving home.

Self-incrimination device?  Cheesy

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 02:37:37 PM

+1.  Exactly.  Well if you have smartphone with internet, then it is possible to set up.  I wish I had done that.  But it is easy to forget to press "record".  I have actually been wanting to make a simple open-source dash cam.  Something that you don't have to remember to press record and you don't have to worry about it running out of batteries, and it always stores the incomming video to an encrypted micro sd card.  If it is late at night or you have been partying too much, it is very easy to forget to press record before driving home.

Self-incrimination device?  Cheesy

Cheesy well that is the point of having the recorder encrypt the video before writing to the micro SD card.  But yeah, with the way the DoJ is going, you will probably be charged with storing child poem by default for having an encrypted file on your dash cam.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
enmaku

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 02:42:59 PM

charged with storing child poem by default for having an encrypted file on your dash cam.

Posting from your phone? DAMN YOU AUTOCORRECT!!!
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 02:51:57 PM

charged with storing child poem by default for having an encrypted file on your dash cam.

Posting from your phone? DAMN YOU AUTOCORRECT!!!

Lol.  Guilty as charged.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 06:50:49 PM

Lucky for you guys... Angry  over here in England its now braking the law to film police beating people etc.

I have some reading up on this to do I think.

lemonginger

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 01:17:54 AM

http://boingboing.net/2011/06/24/copwatch-and-openwat.html

--

As someone wha has helped organize a copwatch in multiple cities (and spent time in jail cells, had cameras smashed, had cameras stolen, etc, etc I think the rise of surveillance tools to hold cops accountable is hugely important/exciting) -- perhaps even for more pressing issues than seatbelt tickets Wink
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 01:34:25 AM

Lucky for you guys... Angry  over here in England its now braking the law to film police beating people etc.

This... is both terrifying and infuriating.

They can film you, but you can't film them? What about requesting the footage from the incident on the street cams?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Anonymous

July 16, 2011, 01:36:28 AM

This... is both terrifying and infuriating.

They can film you, but you can't film them? What about requesting the footage from the incident on the street cams?

The police don't do anything wrong. It's a public service by the people and for the people.

If you don't like what they do, run for office and change it!
BenRayfield

Activity: 316

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 02:45:55 AM

Last time I tried to ignore a cop he grabbed my car keys and threw them in the bushes on the side of the road...

The only thing worse than a leo is an angry leo - especially when theres no witnesses or cameras.

Now I carry a camera everywhere just in case. I even bought one of those ones that sits in your car and records the whole surrounding area.

The camera is the new gun.

Does it stream recordings to a safe place? If not, what's to stop the military police from taking your car in "as evidence" if they can't find all the recordings or taking all the recordings?

I'd like such a camera with a button in my car which automatically buys lots of internet advertising where people can see the live video if they click it, and a video screen you can show the cop of what he just did on camera and how many are watching. Of course then he takes you where the camera can't see, but at least then people know about it.

I'm not saying all cops are like that, but power corrupts.

If you don't like what they do, run for office and change it!

Creating things like Bitcoin does far more to change the world than running for office, and takes much less time too, but if you have no skills then politics is for you.

The Script

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 06:08:59 AM

Shit, I feel sorry for you guys in the lower 48 (and Europe).  The cops up here are pretty good for the most part, I haven't had any bad experiences with them.  Knock on wood.

I want to design a cheap, camera system that will link with your smart phone and stream to a home server like you guys are talking about. I've been thinking about this for a while. Besides, then I could sell them for bitcoins...  Smiley
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 07:51:59 AM

Shit, I feel sorry for you guys in the lower 48 (and Europe).  The cops up here are pretty good for the most part, I haven't had any bad experiences with them.  Knock on wood.

I want to design a cheap, camera system that will link with your smart phone and stream to a home server like you guys are talking about. I've been thinking about this for a while. Besides, then I could sell them for bitcoins...  Smiley

Do it, I will buy it.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: