Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:00:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Payment Transaction Bug  (Read 604 times)
SnowDog2003 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 12:46:34 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2013, 01:37:55 PM by SnowDog2003

One of the reasons I really like Electrum is that it has really good address control. I can import addresses, export addresses, turn off change addresses, and by prioritizing an address, I can send from that address alone, to another address.

The bug is this:

1) Import a private key for a foreign address.

2) Prioritize that address when sending, but leave all other addresses unprioritized.

3) Initiate a payment. When doing so, an error is returned. The error in the server log is this:

error: {u'message': u'TX rejected', u'code': -22} [u'<Big Raw Transaction Number>']

I've tested this when sending the transaction through my new Electrum server and other Electrum Servers.

EagleTM

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 11:57:59 PM

The error code is issued by bitcoind refusing the rawtransaction from electrum-server. It's usually because the coins are already spent in some transactions already or are unconfirmed inputs.

It may also be because of the size of the transaction if you have lots of inputs and the fee. Try increasing the fee a little to say 0.0005 rather than 0.0001 and see if that makes a difference.
SnowDog2003 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 04:56:00 PM

This may have been fixed yesterday. I started using the development version, 1.9, yesterday, and the transaction goes through now. It was easily reproducible with a simple spend from one imported address to another address in the main list, with old money. However, it doesn't show up in the development version 1.9.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: