Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:58:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANACS PROCEDURE CHANGE....update  (Read 926 times)
Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1752

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:39:11 PM

I talked to this guy today but he did not know anything about the new labels and he was using the old submission form with crypto coinz at $19 each.

He also did not seem to be the brightest bulb in the room.

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:03:15 PM

I talked to this guy today but he did not know anything about the new labels and he was using the old submission form with crypto coinz at $19 each.

Makes me think someone could set up a more convincing table than this guy and easily make off with some coins.  Definitely gotta watch out!

Lesbian Cow
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:12:25 PM

Makes me think someone could set up a more convincing table than this guy and easily make off with some coins.  Definitely gotta watch out!

It was an embarrassing set up for ANACS in my opinion.  Incredibly unprofessional looking.  No way I would have let that dude leave with my coins.

buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:26:28 PM

It was an embarrassing set up for ANACS in my opinion.  Incredibly unprofessional looking.  No way I would have let that dude leave with my coins.

Why you weren't impressed by the 8.5" x 11" yellow paper print out and staples plastic crappy holder as their table display ? Smiley

Is that drool I see on the guys chin?

geez id never leave a coin with that guy.

Although I would bet if you gave him $20, he would slab a turd and grade it MS70 Smiley

Thanks!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
digicoinuser
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:31:26 PM

Those supplies on the table are pretty weak as well, not even seeing a slab setup anywhere unless I'm missing it.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 09:39:01 PM

We should boycott ANACS and tell them to get fucked after this imo.
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:49:38 PM

I still believe we need a better way to grade crypto related coins, more of an internal team of trusted members.

Certifications or whatever is needed to get this going, as relying on "that guy" as their poster boy at a coin show is simply embarrassing, and I can only imagine the shit show that must go on at headquarters.

The sign says coin submissions @digi, I agree and dont see any sort of slab setup. So he takes your cryptos back in his "car" and drives off to bring them to be graded in the queue?

I hope when he stops for gas he locks his doors with all the loaded coins.

Thanks!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
Lesbian Cow
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:30:31 PM

My last shipment ever to ANACS is coming back to me right now.  i am done, going to try ICG next.

JUPITYR

Activity: 463
Merit: 74

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:27:36 AM
Merited by Lesbian Cow (1)

I've always had a good experience with ICG on my regular coin submissions.  Haven't tried any cryptos yet, but will be in the future.  $29 is total BS for ANACS to be charging. 
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:28:52 AM

I've always had a good experience with ICG on my regular coin submissions.  Haven't tried any cryptos yet, but will be in the future.  $29 is total BS for ANACS to be charging. 

Does anyone have a link to the their form or whatever? Thanks!

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
digicoinuser
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:41:47 AM

Agreed, it would be good to add a link to their form.  What does ICG charge for grading?

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 11:09:04 PM

I've always had a good experience with ICG on my regular coin submissions.  Haven't tried any cryptos yet, but will be in the future.  $29 is total BS for ANACS to be charging.  

Agreed, it would be good to add a link to their form.  What does ICG charge for grading?

A few years ago I cracked some slabs from ICG and sent to ANACS and they grade them differently. ANACS was consistently 1 grade lower. The thread showed me cracking the slabs and getting new grades etc... I do recall it being in auctions for some reason...
bavicrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 1848
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:42:36 PM

Anacs will definitely lose customers because of this joke. I bet they planned an exit scam, but then changed their mind after the btc price drop. In the future I’ll think twice before trusting them with large amounts of coins again.  Huh

The only way is up ~bavicrypto
JUPITYR

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:41:39 AM

Anacs will definitely lose customers because of this joke. I bet they planned an exit scam, but then changed their mind after the btc price drop. In the future I’ll think twice before trusting them with large amounts of coins again.  Huh

The same thought had occurred to me, as this all was happening during the highs of the price and it wasn't until after the market went down that we even heard anything from them. 

Or they were testing was to remove holograms, sweep and then replace them and encapsulate them so as to hide the evidence.  A conspiracy theory to be sure, but a plausible one. 
JUPITYR

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:24:13 AM

I've always had a good experience with ICG on my regular coin submissions.  Haven't tried any cryptos yet, but will be in the future.  $29 is total BS for ANACS to be charging.  

Agreed, it would be good to add a link to their form.  What does ICG charge for grading?

A few years ago I cracked some slabs from ICG and sent to ANACS and they grade them differently. ANACS was consistently 1 grade lower. The thread showed me cracking the slabs and getting new grades etc... I do recall it being in auctions for some reason...

Not uncommon among grading companies for there to be a variance.  Even NGC and PCGS rarely agree, unless they are fresh from the mint moderns.  ICG may routinely grade higher in the hopes of you using their service again.  ICG and ANACS trade at a discount relative to NGC and PCGS anyway, so I wouldn't send any coins to them that I was hoping to get a super premium for the grade. 

For cryptos I don't see it as a big deal if ANACS says something is a 67 and ICG says 68.  For a rare Morgan CC that could make a huge difference in price, but for this market it's more the 3rd party trust of the encapsulated coin and intact hologram versus the condition of the coin.  Especially since most of what is in this space are just brass tokens or plastic poker chips.  Some silver and gold splashed in here and there, but mostly ugly looking brass.   Wink
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 05:32:34 AM

Not uncommon among grading companies for there to be a variance.  Even NGC and PCGS rarely agree, unless they are fresh from the mint moderns.  ICG may routinely grade higher in the hopes of you using their service again.  ICG and ANACS trade at a discount relative to NGC and PCGS anyway, so I wouldn't send any coins to them that I was hoping to get a super premium for the grade. 

For cryptos I don't see it as a big deal if ANACS says something is a 67 and ICG says 68.  For a rare Morgan CC that could make a huge difference in price, but for this market it's more the 3rd party trust of the encapsulated coin and intact hologram versus the condition of the coin.  Especially since most of what is in this space are just brass tokens or plastic poker chips.  Some silver and gold splashed in here and there, but mostly ugly looking brass.   Wink

The big issue for me is that we have used the ANACS standard since 2013. I would just assume not grade coins at this point rather than using an even lowered tier grading service such as ICGS.
JUPITYR

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:22:20 PM

The big issue for me is that we have used the ANACS standard since 2013. I would just assume not grade coins at this point rather than using an even lowered tier grading service such as ICGS.

Well that's fair enough.  To each his own.  FWIW though eBay recognizes ICG as one of 4 approved 3PG companies that you can list on their site.  Also, if you look at ICG's grading team on their website they have as much experience as any graders in the business and a couple of them worked for NGC and another for ANACS.  One guy was even a consultant for the Secret Service in authenticating coins.  So it's not like some random guys that opened up a grading service with little or no experience. 

With that said, I'd love it if PCGS or NGC would start grading cryptos, but after the nonsense coming out of ANACS lately ICG is at least worth consideration. 
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 04:34:56 PM

Well that's fair enough.  To each his own.  FWIW though eBay recognizes ICG as one of 4 approved 3PG companies that you can list on their site.  Also, if you look at ICG's grading team on their website they have as much experience as any graders in the business and a couple of them worked for NGC and another for ANACS.  One guy was even a consultant for the Secret Service in authenticating coins.  So it's not like some random guys that opened up a grading service with little or no experience. 

With that said, I'd love it if PCGS or NGC would start grading cryptos, but after the nonsense coming out of ANACS lately ICG is at least worth consideration. 

I agree that ANACS sucks and is considered #3 grading wise after PCGS and NGC. I think it sucks to move from the 3rd best to the 4th best service though. Why even bother grading these if the name on the slab is considered crap? I only graded coins in the past for higher resale values (buy the coin sell the slab). Personally, I am done grading these coins until PCGS or NGC starts accepting them. I think we should really reach out to them and see what it takes for them to grade for us.
Lesbian Cow
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:05:02 PM

I agree that ANACS sucks and is considered #3 grading wise after PCGS and NGC. I think it sucks to move from the 3rd best to the 4th best service though. Why even bother grading these if the name on the slab is considered crap? I only graded coins in the past for higher resale values (buy the coin sell the slab). Personally, I am done grading these coins until PCGS or NGC starts accepting them. I think we should really reach out to them and see what it takes for them to grade for us.

PCGS and NGC will not grade any modern tokens - things like Liberty Dollars (NORFEDs) - I don't see them changing this for crypto but I suppose I could be wrong...

JUPITYR

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:09:26 PM

I think that convincing NGC or PCGS to grade cryptos will be a real uphill battle.  First off, the potential legal risk of authenticating cryptos would be enough to scare away any company.  In fact I'm half surprised that ANACS and ICG even do it given that they have no idea of whether or not these coins are truly funded and that the private keys under the holos are even authentic, or match the public address.

2nd, the market just isn't big enough for the risk.  Even if PCGS graded 1000 coins per year at $20 per coin, it's not worth the potential insurance risk of grading and guaranteeing these.  So I just don't see it happening, because frankly they don't need the money or the headache.

ANACS and ICG need the business and therefore are willing to take more of a risk.

Just my 2 cents. 
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: