Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:52:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin scarcity  (Read 600 times)
hadveach (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

we see bitcoin today experiencing high fluctuations below and will always drops, probably going back to the point of $ 4500. but if I look with bitcoin stock today which a little again $ 3.5 million , then this condition is not normal. because it should be when bitcoin is scarce, then price and value will quickly rise and higher. but today why down? do we have to wait 1 million bitcoins?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3239

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:50:56 PM

"scarce" is a term in economics that means finite. Air, food, and water are not scarce because they are replenished. Bitcoin is scarce because even though there are a huge number of satoshis (2,100,000,000,000,000), that number is fixed.

I hope answers your question. I was not able to understand it.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:57:38 PM

It isn't just the supply that gives something a value, it is the demand as well.
Supply doesn't really affect Bitcoin's price that much as it is always accounted for, because it is predictable without a doubt.
It is the demand that affects it's price the most. The demand decreased for whatever reason (some sort of panic selling probably) and therefor the price fell.
Odik_sidik_04

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:14:52 AM

I think bitcoin's scarcity is impossible, because with the increasingly sophisticated technology today, it enables everyone to access and invest money in various fields, one of which may be in the form of bitcoin. so it's not possible if bitcoin is scarce.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:17:07 AM

The demand decreased for whatever reason (some sort of panic selling probably) and therefor the price fell.

First to say that you explained it nicely.

The reason for the fall was primarily fake news from India about crypto ban (actually just an announcement of anti-cybercriminal policy) and news about Facebook banning crypto adds. These news are relatively unimportant, but the market is reacting very sensitively because it was bound for correction for a very long time already (it rose a lot in a short period of time so a period of slow decrease with some support testing has been expected).

monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:29:49 AM

we see bitcoin today experiencing high fluctuations below and will always drops, probably going back to the point of $ 4500. but if I look with bitcoin stock today which a little again $ 3.5 million , then this condition is not normal. because it should be when bitcoin is scarce, then price and value will quickly rise and higher. but today why down? do we have to wait 1 million bitcoins?

A lot of new Bitcoin holders are most probably panic selling which is why it is down. There is too much supply of Bitcoin at the moment. Bitcoin may only have 21,000,000 units but the market forces is still at play so the price will be down. Basic rule of economics is at play. So the real question is that why are you even startled. It is because you are a noob.

Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:33:56 AM

I think bitcoin's scarcity is impossible, because with the increasingly sophisticated technology today, it enables everyone to access and invest money in various fields, one of which may be in the form of bitcoin. so it's not possible if bitcoin is scarce.
you say that the bitcoin scarcity is not possible? then what if bitcoin runs out of stock and also runs out on the wall of every market. bitcoin is predicted to run out in 2024, what will happen after that? whether to add the stock? or will there are altcoin replace like ETH or the other?

CBESH

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:35:40 AM

People seem to dumping their bitcoins. WHY?
wisdomcn

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:41:22 AM

From my experience, the fluctuations in the price of bitcoin is cause as a result of the high transaction rate. 99.99 percent of individuals invest their money into cryptocurrencies because of the high profit ratio. Now that the transaction rate in bitcoin became so high, most investors are now investing into other altcoins where the transaction fee are less. The is of the high rate of transaction have to be solved for activities to normalize and the price of bitcoin to increase again.
CBESH

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:45:30 AM

Simple Question do you have any analysis regarding the target price for BITCOIN?
deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:48:48 AM

I think the bitcoin price down now is fair, try to see the Bitcoin price movement in 2017 from $ 1K / BTC earlier in the year and up to $ 15K by the end of the year.
so why is Bitcoin down? maybe you are too serious to see expensive Bitcoin prices.
relax and see Bitcoin surprises in 2018  Cheesy Cheesy

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:57:06 AM

We will not achieve such a drastic decline, I believe that the price of Bitcoin has the power to withstand a deeper correction. Many people who panic sell when the price of Bitcoin decreases, but it is a mistake. selling Bitcoin simultaneously in a short time can make matters worse, let's do a hold and wait it is something that can increase trust in Bitcoin's market share.
billionaireSHS

Activity: 269
Merit: 10

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:01:39 AM

Do you think that bitcoin will experiencing scarcity ?? So base on what I search on google about the word scarcity, I found out that it talks about shortage. So I think that you are trying to say that there's a shortage in bitcoin because the value of it are getting lower and lower?? But we all know that bitcoin is digital currency that has a characteristic of being volatile that's why for me it is normal to dump the value of bitcoin. On the other, if you are afraid of the value of bitcoin as of now because it reaches a lower amount, you only need to do is to wait because I believe that it will rise again. Smiley

Aufar

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:28:54 AM

Are you afraid that Bitcoin will be scarce?

If you are afraid of the value of Bitcoin as it is now because of the lower price, you just have to wait because I'm sure it will go up again.

Because Bicoin can be predicted without doubt, This is the demand that most affect the price.
Bitcoin is a digital currency that has volatile characteristics,
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:51:58 AM

This is probably because a lot of weak hands bought bitcoins at ATH ($18000 to 19000) before its price started dipping and was halved in a short space of time due to negative news.  I also know a few that have been long term hodlers of bitcoin that had been forced to sell off their bitcoins.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:17:48 AM

It isn't just the supply that gives something a value, it is the demand as well.
Supply doesn't really affect Bitcoin's price that much as it is always accounted for, because it is predictable without a doubt.
It is the demand that affects it's price the most. The demand decreased for whatever reason (some sort of panic selling probably) and therefor the price fell.

correct.
the supply has been a known factor since day 1. it has not changed, everyone knew and knows the supply. but the demand is the variable.
demand affects price more than supply.

but the price is not just supply/demand. its also speculation/manipulation which affects the price the most.

for instance. i could make an exchange where each order line is set to
$8,000   -1 btc
$18.000 -1 btc
$28,000 -1 btc

and someone just buying 3btc total (of the near 17mill coin supply) can turn bitcoin from being priced/'valued' at $28,000.. yes, just 3btc can make that much of a difference in this circumstance

screw it, lets make it easier
$80   -0.01 btc
$180 -0.01 btc
$280 -0.01 btc
now someone just needs to be the third person to buy 0.01btc, and for only $280. and this too results in a bitcoin being valued at $28,000

screw it, lets make it easier
$0.80 -0.0001 btc
$1.80 -0.0001 btc
$2.80 -0.0001 btc
now someone just needs to be the third person to buy 0.0001btc, and for only $2.80. and this too results in a bitcoin being valued at $28,000.

my point being is that the whole near 17m coins in circulation so far are not 'valued'.. just the manipulated small amounts on some orderbooks of popular exchanges, which other exchanges blindly follow like sheep

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:25:30 AM

This is probably because a lot of weak hands bought bitcoins at ATH ($18000 to 19000) before its price started dipping and was halved in a short space of time due to negative news.  I also know a few that have been long term hodlers of bitcoin that had been forced to sell off their bitcoins.

Well judging about the circumstance where bitcoin was bought around $18k+, it would really give devastating impact to people if the price shrunk to around $7k and still going down. Imagine the loss that they incurred from that. People with large amount of investment would definitely think of selling what they are holding.

qqwx
Copper Member

Activity: 460
Merit: 14

https://bit.ly/2ULYQsr-Bounty-Telegrm- @qqwx11

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:51:31 AM

Of course, it can be. Sometimes people getting lost by betting, sometimes investment huge loss. Maybe people who are not expert in this sector going to hell. Even people are going to Ethereum mining, people are getting Unwelcome from bitcoin mining. Mining instruments, electricity supply overall cost is big than earn. So it can be.

CBESH

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:32:45 PM

Now the price is going back up.. If I had bitcoin right now I would sell no telling how low it will go before it comes back higher! What do ya'll think?
cryptobluemoon

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:46:24 PM

80 percent bitcoin has been mined and in circulation so bitcoin is in abduant circulation there is no scarcity
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: