Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:24:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Risk Management  (Read 2010 times)
healthcarep

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:51:06 PM

Each time they see a coin that is increasing then they'll just leap in and purchase immediately because it's miles hype and then after they were dumped on, they might whine because they lose lots and that they don't have any preference but to hold the coin or promote at a loss. The biggest mistake is they cross all in in a single change because they desired to have bigger profit however extra of often than not, the alternative occur and they have larger losses.
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:53:20 PM

Never invest on the amount that we cannot afford to loss. The only risky thing in crypto is when we invest all we have , we maybe end up losing or winning here and nobody knows what will be the next big thing or trend in crypto feild but one thing for sure we don't have any assurance here everything may change without a prior notice and everything is just a prediction nobody knows what will happen in crypto in the next few days or month so let's take good care and be more practical on it.
TheReverend

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:12:44 PM

the risk in trading that often happens is because of the fault of the trader himself, sometimes they forget the target they are achieving, and always want to take more profit.
how to manage it is to set a target when going in and out of trading.
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:52:49 AM

When we put money in to crypto we should know the risk, the level risk for crypto is higher than others asset because the volatility also higher. And to manage the risk we should have skill and knowledge when best times to invest in crypto and how long to invest on it and what the target profit. After target profit reached we should has diversify risk by move the profit to the others asset that has lower risk.

BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:44:40 AM

Risks are inherent or always there whenever we talked about investment especially Bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency community. But how do you deal with these risks? What are your experiences or even techniques in managing risks? In minimizing risks or even eliminating it?

My best practice is to never buy a coin that has already reach 10x it's ICO price or its starting price the first time it got listed on exchanges. We cannot predict if it goes up and down but we can make sure that we are taking less risks and the people who bought btc last December are my main examples of that mistake.
taliwang

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:35:30 AM

I think to be able to control the risk that you are better off using your trading capital partially and trading only for short or daily periods, don't let you look for more profit because it will wait too long and eventually make you trapped at a very expensive.
quiritarycrypto

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:30:15 AM

One managing the risk of loss is not to place all coins in one basket. You can share the money you have to buy bitcoin and some altcoins. One coin and the other will support if one loses.
tarpa07

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:34:47 PM

Different people have different risk management. But there is a common relation and adjustment about some basic risk. Here are some. While trading never try for overtrade. Overtrade mean if you see that your opened trade go on wrong direction and you have hope for the trend can be go right or you can reduce lose if you make another trade in the same time and in the same pair. Always try for make trade with maximum 2% from your total deposited amount. No target, no greedy and no trade against trend.
Towntrap41

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:50:05 PM

Risks are inherent or always there whenever we talked about investment especially Bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency community. But how do you deal with these risks? What are your experiences or even techniques in managing risks? In minimizing risks or even eliminating it?

Eliminating risk? Stay in fiat and accept inflation eating away on your savings. Minimizing risk? Know yourself and don't do anything stupid.

This means:

1) Understand what you're buying.

2) Don't invest into something only because it has risen.

3) Don't exit a market only because it has declined.

4) Understand what you're buying.

5) Invest only as much as you can afford to lose.

6) Prepare enter and exit strategies way in advance.

Number 1) helps preventing you from doing stupid things. If you don't understand what you're buying, you're just gambling. If you understand what you're buying, but know it's shit... you shouldn't be buying it in the first place. If you understand what you're buying and are convinced of its merits... number 2) and 3) will be less likely to affect you. Number 5) helps alleviate your psychological burden which makes it easier to not do stupid things. Such as 2) or 3) for example. Same goes for 6).

Note that hedging only helps if your hedge actually acts as one when shit hits the fan. Historical analysis may help the process, but could still fall short.

Note that diversification only works if what you are buying is worth investing in. A diversified bucket of shit, is still a bucket of shit.

Good post, I totally agree with this. This is actually the right way of managing risk.
Thanks for sharing.

MOVIECOIN | THE FINTECH PLATFORM SETTING A NEW STANDARD -
- FOR ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY TRANSACTIONS
medussa

Activity: 100

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 05:52:47 PM

Risks in crypto-currency investments cannot be ignored or eliminated, it should however be managed to levels which will not be detrimental to your portfolio, a good way to do this is in investing in research of projects and diversification
Bubblestonemax

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:47:13 PM

Their are various ways to manage risks. You should use a small percentage of your funds to take risks and to manage your money very well. You need to manage your risks very well
Towntrap41

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:41:01 PM

First of all, you have to know and understand what you want to risk... Understanding it requires researching and getting as much information as you can about it.
When you are investing, invest with the amount you can afford to loose, don't put in something you will cry for rather something opposite so you don't suffer emotionally and financially if you loose.

MOVIECOIN | THE FINTECH PLATFORM SETTING A NEW STANDARD -
- FOR ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY TRANSACTIONS
KS03

Activity: 330
Merit: 101

Hi I'm KS03

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:33:37 PM

First you need to have tight stop losses to avoid the huge loss that wipes you out.  Second I would suggest diversifying your holdings into different sectors and different market caps.  This may cushion you in case of market troubles.  These 2 when combined can be very effective. 

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER[/color]  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════[/table]
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 10:30:54 AM

First you need to have tight stop losses to avoid the huge loss that wipes you out.  Second I would suggest diversifying your holdings into different sectors and different market caps.  This may cushion you in case of market troubles.  These 2 when combined can be very effective. 

Problems in tight losses is that its an easy hit of fluctuations

Exchanges knows about it, they will basically hit those losses before going reversals

what would be the safest is to have a little to no leverages on margins, thus if you have an already open order, you don't have to worry and just wait

puma25

Activity: 364
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:05:45 PM

In the crypto-currency market, risks are associated not only with the loss of the cost associated with the collapse, but also with fraud and theft, in order to avoid the latter it is worthwhile to apply a number of actions that will at least partially preserve the asset Wink

gayan777

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:31:38 AM

Most of the best hedge fund managers lose 80% of their trades, but they are mitigating risk properly so they are not losing a lot of money just more trades, while the 20% they win make the entire year of their profits.
lushlife

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:52:21 AM

If I am thinking of entering a trade, I will do my best to minimize risk,
for example I wouldn't enter a trade if it doesn't show strong bullish pattern,
or something like that.
arikassuja

Activity: 535
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:19:02 AM

I think this risk will still exist and you must be able to face the risks that exist to be able to get a lot of profit, do not be afraid to face risks, to be able to control the risk at least you already have trading skills.
Fluer

Activity: 105

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:15:42 AM

Risk management, I would say is the key feature that every trader has to think about before starting his activities. it should be included in every trading system and carefully calculated before every single trade.
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:05:14 PM

Isn't this like a rich persons problem? I do not have enough money to invest into something to have some risks with it.
I spend most of my money into living and whatever I have left usually just stays with bitcoin and nothing else because honestly I do not have enough money to diversify into one hundred different stuff, I do have some investments here and there however in the end I do not really put too much into them, I have a bit on many things but that is not risk management that is just having little amounts of everything and just checking which one will make more for me, kinda like a personal race for me. In the end none of them will make rich for such a small investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: