Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:21:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TRTL] TurtleCoin - Cowabunga Dudes!  (Read 44348 times)
tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:25:15 PM

So TradeSatoshi's Turtle wallet is in maintenance mode and Trade Ogre's trading system is down and I'm trying to withdraw Turtle and Bitcoin and both have been pending for awhile now.   What the hell is going on with these exchanges?
Atomicc

Activity: 301
Merit: 31

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:08:35 PM

I use Turtle GUI wallet, and want to send some coins to exchange. I found that it is impossible from GUI version (becouse no "payment ID" field), and I was ready to instal CLI wallet.
Prior of that I want to insure my GUI wallet becouse it do not have seed.
I start RPC console, execute Method "getViewKey" passed well, but when I start "getSpendKeys" I always got an error:

{"error":{"code":-32600,"message":"Invalid Request"},"id":"237466","jsonrpc":"2.0"}

Where I missed?

Thanks for answers...
visax

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:09:22 PM

hi, dev
please, make wallet to user debian, because your build for ubuntu, here on my os debian doesnt work.
judderd

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:03:52 PM

Hello,

I know most of you won't believe me. It seems as though the moderators of this forum delete any posts negative to TRTL.

but I just wanted to say that I followed everyone's advice and bought TRTL because of all the good things I've heard from the beginning of this thread and also on Medium.

I went on TradeOgre and right after my order was filled, the platform shut down TRTL trading (or maybe all trading in general?)

Then I tried to transfer my turtles to TradeSatoshi, which didn't work either due to some error.

I went on discord to politely ask what was going on. They said they were not planning on trying to get listed on any known exchanges. "That they were taking it slow." They denied wanting to be listed on Cryptopia, binance, Bittrex, because those exchanges "were not up for it." "Were not private." "Were not decentralized."

So I asked what I should do about my turtles, which could not be transferred out nor could be traded back into BTC! THEY BANNED ME FROM THEIR DISCORD!

In my honest opinion, these cabal are probably behind those TWO exchanges, just stealing people's money by drawing them into buying TRTL, and then technically keeping their money on the exchanges for indefinite periods.

They're just on discord laughing and talking about alcohol while this is going on!
This is really funny, you made my day! Grin
editfmah (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 87
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:20:13 PM

Hello,

I know most of you won't believe me. It seems as though the moderators of this forum delete any posts negative to TRTL.

but I just wanted to say that I followed everyone's advice and bought TRTL because of all the good things I've heard from the beginning of this thread and also on Medium.

I went on TradeOgre and right after my order was filled, the platform shut down TRTL trading (or maybe all trading in general?)

Then I tried to transfer my turtles to TradeSatoshi, which didn't work either due to some error.

I went on discord to politely ask what was going on. They said they were not planning on trying to get listed on any known exchanges. "That they were taking it slow." They denied wanting to be listed on Cryptopia, binance, Bittrex, because those exchanges "were not up for it." "Were not private." "Were not decentralized."

So I asked what I should do about my turtles, which could not be transferred out nor could be traded back into BTC! THEY BANNED ME FROM THEIR DISCORD!

In my honest opinion, these cabal are probably behind those TWO exchanges, just stealing people's money by drawing them into buying TRTL, and then technically keeping their money on the exchanges for indefinite periods.

They're just on discord laughing and talking about alcohol while this is going on!

Nobody from TurtleCoin is a moderator here, so there is absolutely no reason for any posts to be deleted here until the general moderators for the forum decide so.  The only comments I know to have been removed were from a FUD'er who was, well, he was what he was.

Sadly, I have no idea why you were banned, I will investigate. Both the exchanges are in the process of reviewing and upgrading the wallet and daemon software to fix a critical bug with refreshing balances.  It is true that at this precise moment we are not seeking entry to any more exchanges as it would not be useful or helpful to the coin right now.

Wallet maintenance is a real pain, if you could shed more information about what status your purchases/transfers are at and what your TradeOgre account is showing that would be useful information to go on.  E.g. have you purchased, but it was unable to transfer out to TS because of wallet maintenance?

P.S. General isn't the best place to get help, as things often drift off topic there.

I don't see anyone freshly added to the exile pile? and I can't find your username on Discord.  What is your username (assuming it's not TurtleMarine Smiley )?

editfmah (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:39:31 PM

Hello,

I have searched discord for your issue and simply can't find anything in the history going back days now.

Yes, we will need information because I have just made purchases and transferred TRTL in and out without issue on TradeOgre, as your issue was with their platform, have you tried contacting them?
Lovecove

Activity: 161
Merit: 38

(Thank you for all the merit =) ) ~Lovecove!

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:47:36 PM

I've also been following this thread. I respectfully disagree that turtlecoin won't benefit from being on a legitimate exchange.

It seems like the crux of the problem is accessibility. No one can buy the coin without fear because look at all the drama and issues people are having over these two exchanges that no one even knows about.

If the coin is as solid in code as this thread and GitHub purports, then it deserves to be on an exchange of reputation. Even EtherDelta would be fine, too bad it's not an ERC20 token.

I think there are other underlying issues, maybe not with the code, but with funding. A coin just can't exist with 0 funding, look at dogecoin. The devs are probably leaking money in missed revenue via volunteer time. And maybe the warm community isn't as warm as they'd like us to believe. Maybe no one wants to pitch in with the high exchange listing fees, and I can't blame them. They're in the tens of thousands.

So I think the bottom line is, everyone is coding and volunteering for free. No one is willing to spend on this coin anywhere past simply investing in it for their own personal gain. It's a fundamental error... there's no funding, so there's no progress. After a bit, the main devs won't be able to work for free because it's causing a lot of missed revenue on their real lives.

No one is willing to pony up any significant amount of money to get this coin listed because, well, this coin is simply a silly meme to them. That's what this coin attracts... people who want to have fun. Donating thousands is a serious endeavor, and one that this community isn't prepared to commit to. They just want to have fun.

So while the devs scramble to secretly secure funding, they'll throw a pretty solid cover excuse that two exchanges are enough and at this time more exchanges won't advance TurtleCoin's cause. But in reality, everyone can see that isn't the case.

And as can be seen from the rapid price depreciation of the coin, the coin's economy is suffering severely from these substellar exchanges with issues. And if the coin doesn't get on solid exchanges, the price will either stagnate or continue to drop. When the price drops even more, less people will be attracted to the coin and the turtle community because they'll feel like it has no potential.

When a new coin's price spirals downward, it's interpreted as a deadly sign by almost anyone. Coupled with the troll / humor'ish nature of the coin... it's just too many bad signs. No one will see it's trying to be a serious project.

I can foresee this coin stagnating in price the longer it stays on these two bad excahges. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But even when these two exchanges get their wallets fixed (why do they need to get their wallets fixed? Why does Turtlecoin have so many bugs that it's demanding so much of a pain from both exchanges in upgrades/updates and having to join their discord just to get help?)

It's just one bad sign after another. Stable code? Maybe not.

But, to be fair, if it crawls to 1 or 2 satoshi, I will invest in. Anything higher than that and I could end up with the rest of the stagnation.

Visit now if you're interested in buying these domains: EtherMining.org, CryptoMovement.org, Bitcoiner.Co
editfmah (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:07:24 PM

I've also been following this thread. I respectfully disagree that turtlecoin won't benefit from being on a legitimate exchange.

It seems like the crux of the problem is accessibility. No one can buy the coin without fear because look at all the drama and issues people are having over these two exchanges that no one even knows about.

If the coin is as solid in code as this thread and GitHub purports, then it deserves to be on an exchange of reputation. Even EtherDelta would be fine, too bad it's not an ERC20 token.

I think there are other underlying issues, maybe not with the code, but with funding. A coin just can't exist with 0 funding, look at dogecoin. The devs are probably leaking money in missed revenue via volunteer time. And maybe the warm community isn't as warm as they'd like us to believe. Maybe no one wants to pitch in with the high exchange listing fees, and I can't blame them. They're in the tens of thousands.

So I think the bottom line is, everyone is coding and volunteering for free. No one is willing to spend on this coin anywhere past simply investing in it for their own personal gain. It's a fundamental error... there's no funding, so there's no progress. After a bit, the main devs won't be able to work for free because it's causing a lot of missed revenue on their real lives.

No one is willing to pony up any significant amount of money to get this coin listed because, well, this coin is simply a silly meme to them. That's what this coin attracts... people who want to have fun. Donating thousands is a serious endeavor, and one that this community isn't prepared to commit to. They just want to have fun.

So while the devs scramble to secretly secure funding, they'll throw a pretty solid cover excuse that two exchanges are enough and at this time more exchanges won't advance TurtleCoin's cause. But in reality, everyone can see that isn't the case.

And as can be seen from the rapid price depreciation of the coin, the coin's economy is suffering severely from these substellar exchanges with issues. And if the coin doesn't get on solid exchanges, the price will either stagnate or continue to drop. When the price drops even more, less people will be attracted to the coin and the turtle community because they'll feel like it has no potential.

When a new coin's price spirals downward, it's interpreted as a deadly sign by almost anyone. Coupled with the troll / humor'ish nature of the coin... it's just too many bad signs. No one will see it's trying to be a serious project.

I can foresee this coin stagnating in price the longer it stays on these two bad excahges. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But even when these two exchanges get their wallets fixed (why do they need to get their wallets fixed? Why does Turtlecoin have so many bugs that it's demanding so much of a pain from both exchanges in upgrades/updates and having to join their discord just to get help?)

It's just one bad sign after another. Stable code? Maybe not.

But, to be fair, if it crawls to 1 or 2 satoshi, I will invest in. Anything higher than that and I could end up with the rest of the stagnation.

That is an interesting observation but with some, significant misgivings and flaws in it's analysis:

1)  The point of TurtleCoin is to prove that it can be done without investment, and from a standing start.
2)  Developers are well remunerated in their personal lives, this is a technical exercise with many more devs than many bigger coins.  If some come and go, the coin will live.
3)  The code is based on ByteCoin, which is very well established.  But with 30s block times, it has shown up floors.  Which have been fixed.  TradeOgre's wallet is currently perfectly functional, i've just tested it.  So it is now only TradeSatoshi.
4)  "Proper Exchanges", yes they cost money.  But that is not the stumbling block.  At the moment the coin is in it's infancy, significant effort needs to be placed into improving the codebase and the tooling before approaching bigger exchanges, because if there are issues we would run the risk of bad rep (much like this).
5)  Dividing the market even further would be a really negative thing, adding another exchange so quickly resulted in lower trade volumes and volume does not magically appear just because you add exchanges.
6)  So, as our plan was to tackle exchanges in Q2 of this year, we will probably continue to ignore requests for yet more exchanges until we are in a position to do so.
7) Developers are not seeking any funding, where do you get your information from?

So, your post being quite disparaging and also showing a very naive understanding of open source communities and how they function aside, you fail to grasp the fact that TRTL launched at 1 sat and is now 5/6 sat 1 month later.  For a coin that has only existed for 2 months those are exceptional numbers.

Hence the "Slow and Steady" mantra, volatility comes from rapid and unsubstantiated rises.  I see no reason why it is unreasonable to secure the codebase, add value and features beyond the base code and add value through technical merit, that is where the transition from a bit of fun and  meme's to a validated project will come.  Throwing money at that does not help that situation, it takes time and dedication.

You round on Discord, and say it's not friendly, but I still see no evidence of your ban, what was your username I will investigate and I apologise unreservedly if you were banned unfairly.
themaxx

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:44:29 PM

This is untrue - the devs paid 1.5BTC (this is in the tens of thousands of USD$) to get the coin listed on TradeSatoshi. That's a lot of money to invest in an exchange.

Binance Account - Get 10% discount on fees!
Don't you have a Binance account yet?
Register using this referral link and get a 10% discount on fees for all your trades!
themaxx

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:47:22 PM

how to see balance on paper wallet generated from official site ?
You need to import it into the GUI/CLI wallet.  There's instructions here: https://www.reddit.com/r/TRTL/comments/7u68ds/how_to_import_my_paper_wallet/

Register using this referral link and get a 10% discount on fees for all your trades!
Lovecove

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:52:49 PM

Not attempting a comparison, but turtlecoin is 3 months old now. Many coins, 3 months after launch, are already on a main exchange. But then again, these coins may or may not have had more monetary support (either donated or crowdfunded). In crypto, most coins three months after launch are not considered to be in their infancy. You do that before launch.

Volume doesn't magically appear, but it's not a lie that the coin's market isn't oversaturated. There are less than 400 million turtlecoins combined on both tradesatoshi and tradeogre. Only a small percent of turtlecoins mined to date. Miners looking for healthier trades to dump their coins. If the promise is Q2, hopefully it sticks.

If, as the devs say, the true issue is with the coin's immaturity, which can be seen from all the emergency updates and upgrades randomly popping up since inception, then it shouldn't be allowed on any other exchanges. The two exchanges it's on right now are strained enough keeping up with the time-consuming requests for updates and upgrades from this infant coin.

These are all merely factual observations as I remain apathetic to either side of the argument. I will still be watching turtlecoin in the months to come, both shortcomings and merits, and it will become clear whether it's crumbling or flourishing. The only upside that I've seen thus hither is the growth of the community fueled by promises of grandeur and fun times. After that, the project appears littered with bugs and missteps by both the community, devs, and whatnot. Admins betraying each other, devs mass banning members of their own community, code bugs, withholding exposure from bitcointalk and other important venues. All covered up with nicely fitting excuses

I hope Turtle doesn't turn out to be as sillily coded as its silly nature.

Visit now if you're interested in buying these domains: EtherMining.org, CryptoMovement.org, Bitcoiner.Co
EcoBike

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:54:12 PM

Any Bounty Campaign?
themaxx

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:07:29 PM

Any Bounty Campaign?
There's a bounty room in the discord channel - https://discordapp.com/invite/NZ7QYJA

editfmah (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:15:08 PM

Not attempting a comparison, but turtlecoin is 3 months old now. Many coins, 3 months after launch, are already on a main exchange. But then again, these coins may or may not have had more monetary support (either donated or crowdfunded). In crypto, most coins three months after launch are not considered to be in their infancy. You do that before launch.

I would not consider a two month old coin (yes 2, not 3) in any way mature.  The coins that went straight to exchanges (of which I am naive to anyway so I can't comment), that would have been their plan.  But raising money and crowdfunding is entirely against the principal of the coin.

Volume doesn't magically appear, but it's not a lie that the coin's market isn't oversaturated. There are less than 400 million turtlecoins combined on both tradesatoshi and tradeogre. Only a small percent of turtlecoins mined to date. Miners looking for healthier trades to dump their coins. If the promise is Q2, hopefully it sticks.

Miners do look to sell their coins for a healthy price, they will have to wait though. Organic growth is slow, but should be more stable than vapid growth.

If, as the devs say, the true issue is with the coin's immaturity, which can be seen from all the emergency updates and upgrades randomly popping up since inception, then it shouldn't be allowed on any other exchanges. The two exchanges it's on right now are strained enough keeping up with the time-consuming requests for updates and upgrades from this infant coin.

Yes, that is our whole point.  Lets fix the problems before adding exchanges, that does not seem unreasonable.
We have only added 1 exchange, TradeOgre added us on their own.

The only upside that I've seen thus hither is the growth of the community fueled by promises of grandeur and fun times. After that, the project appears littered with bugs and missteps by both the community, devs, and whatnot. Admins betraying each other, devs mass banning members of their own community, code bugs, withholding exposure from bitcointalk and other important venues. All covered up with nicely fitting excuses

I am unsure about the betrayal you are referring to, but the withholding from bitcointalk was a slight oversight, but also a great benefit.  Because another clone coin, with nothing, not even a community would not have attracted so much interest or mining capability so quickly.

There are no excuses, the BTCT [ANN] thread was an oversight, and the accidental banning of people on Discord (only the one significant one I can think of) was embarrassing, but there were no excuses made, it was a mistake.

I'm shocked that so much stock is put into the timing of the [ANN] announcement, it completely ignores the purpose and intention of the coin.  It is not a get rich quick coin, and will take significant time to mature.  We would be happy to not attract investors with that kind of mentality right now, it is very counter productive.
Lovecove

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:39:40 PM

Not announcing on bitcointalk is being misconstrued as connivance for a faux-premine under the pretense of no premine. Tis hardly fair that a sprouting cryptocurrency, which presumably strives to be taken serious, expected serious cryptocurrency industry players to find it on a not-so-serious memeboard.

Devs even admitted that their official announcement was a post on 4chan, then proceeded to mine the genesis block like it was fine. Then mining with the full force of mining rigs during the laughable ease of an early no premine coin.

An absent announcement on official channels is not only a political blunder, but a hint toward dirty dealings and even scams.

In that same logic, I could create a new no premine coin, announce it on the back of a comic book, then hurrying to continuously mine it up before word spreads knowing fully well that serious players would never have seen the announcement until after I've gotten a significang head start.

Regrettably, it's over and done with. ANN is here now. Damage control enacted. People overlook it and have forgotten.

Admin betrayal is also swept under the rug likely. No dabbling into that, then. Aforementioned, my pov is apathetic. But anyone who wants to dig deeper will find the episode without effort.

editfmah (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:49:37 PM

Not announcing on bitcointalk is being misconstrued as connivance for a faux-premine under the pretense of no premine. Tis hardly fair that a sprouting cryptocurrency, which presumably strives to be taken serious, expected serious cryptocurrency industry players to find it on a not-so-serious memeboard.

Devs even admitted that their official announcement was a post on 4chan, then proceeded to mine the genesis block like it was fine. Then mining with the full force of mining rigs during the laughable ease of an early no premine coin.

An absent announcement on official channels is not only a political blunder, but a hint toward dirty dealings and even scams.

In that same logic, I could create a new no premine coin, announce it on the back of a comic book, then hurrying to continuously mine it up before word spreads knowing fully well that serious players would never have seen the announcement until after I've gotten a significang head start.

Regrettably, it's over and done with. ANN is here now. Damage control enacted. People overlook it and have forgotten.

Admin betrayal is also swept under the rug likely. No dabbling into that, then. Aforementioned, my pov is apathetic. But anyone who wants to dig deeper will find the episode without effort.

Thats fine, I think we will remain quite some way apart on these subjects.   But getting 100's of miners in the fist few days, certainly prevented the devs from "Filling their boots" or anything like.  The nicehashers took the big wins in the early days, but I guess that is just board conjecture at this point.

I still stand by my feelings that announcing elsewhere was the best course, much as i'm sure we would have enjoyed announcing here and being pulled apart, called a shitcoin and any other of the warm welcomes that awaits a clone coin that has no significant differences to start with, and no real selling point so early on.  And certainly, when the miner level his 1k just a couple of weeks in, it does make that argument about it only being official if you give the people on this forum the first crack at the blocks a bit of a beating.
visax

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:36:46 PM

dev, tell me know
 if you need to translate indonesian
we waiting to campaign of bounty  Grin
bebopTC

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:19:15 AM

There seems to be a lot of confusion/misinformation spreading around but hopefully I can clarify some things.

1. We turned 2 months on Jan 9th, about 4 days ago.
2. No ICO, no premine, no funding of any kind. All devs and contributors are volunteers though we try our best to reward appropriately with TurtleCoin for everyone's hard work. We announced the coin on a popular and well known privacy forum. Word spread immediately.
3. The updated versions are not 'random' or 'emergency updates' scrambling in the fae of immature code. A security vulnerability that affects *many* cryptonotes was discovered, we fixed it and followed proper disclosure procedures. https://medium.com/@turtlecoin/mess-with-the-best-759c1fd230b1. We do not have a fixed release cycle, we roll out releases when we feel updates are sufficient and we continue to work to incrementally improve various pieces of the software such as difficulty calculation, user experience of simple wallet, correcting bugs, and security enhancements.
4. Neither TradeOgre or TradeSatoshi are in our control. TradeOgre has had some downtimes here and there but seems to come back reliably. Our dev team has worked with TradeSatoshi and provided updates to help address the issues. We apologize for the inconvenience but it is not in our control.
5. We are looking at getting added to some decentralized exchanges currently.

-Bebop
Lovecove

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:01:30 AM

There seems to be a lot of confusion/misinformation spreading around but hopefully I can clarify some things.

2. No ICO, no premine, no funding of any kind. All devs and contributors are volunteers though we try our best to reward appropriately with TurtleCoin for everyone's hard work. We announced the coin on a popular and well known privacy forum. Word spread immediately.
3. The updated versions are not 'random' or 'emergency updates' scrambling in the fae of immature code. A security vulnerability that affects *many* cryptonotes was discovered, we fixed it and followed proper disclosure procedures. https://medium.com/@turtlecoin/mess-with-the-best-759c1fd230b1. We do not have a fixed release cycle, we roll out releases when we feel updates are sufficient and we continue to work to incrementally improve various pieces of the software such as difficulty calculation, user experience of simple wallet, correcting bugs, and security enhancements.
4. Neither TradeOgre or TradeSatoshi are in our control. TradeOgre has had some downtimes here and there but seems to come back reliably. Our dev team has worked with TradeSatoshi and provided updates to help address the issues. We apologize for the inconvenience but it is not in our control.

-Bebop

1. Ooookay, what is this? Turned 2 months 4 days ago on January 9? It's FEBRUARY 14! Or are you actually correcting editfmah, who is the co-lead dev, and apparently isn't aware of his own nascent project's release? My heavens. The shenanigans are apparent right from this thread.
2. If you don't allow any kind of funding, even donations from the community, how in all the bitcoin blazes will you ever get any exchange listing fees paid? Will you just expect Bittrex and Binance to list turtle of their own good spirit?
3. There's some drama around the cryptonite "hack" that involved admin betrayal. As stated aforementioned, I shant go into the details. But to my understanding, none of the other "cryptonite coins" shared your urgency. In fact, they simply ignored your requests for contact. Retrospectively, seems iffy that they were affected in the slightest. Sounds likely twas a turtlecoin problem that emergency PR tried to desensitize by making it a "cryptonite coin" problem. Fumble coding? And now you're trying to lump your emergency updates about balances not showing up as just part of a "routine update." You needed these two exchanges to update their turtlecoin software at least twice this week and that doesn't include the cryptonite debacle. We can read between the lines.
4. With a neutral viewpoint, we can't say whether these two exchanges are under your control. But, then again, you two are anonymous devs, who knows what control you have in the first place. Was TradeSatoshi even an exchange that the consensus voted on? Or did the lead devs simply abruptly shove a btc into tradesatoshi to get it listed without any sort of community feedback? Surely the decentralized exchanges you're working on being added are cheaper than TradeSatoshi, if not free. I'm not certain why you would single out tradesatoshi as the exchange of choice. Surely alternative, better known exchanges could've been chosen with that same listing fee.

But thanks for your clarification. Only begs more inquiries.

editfmah (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:25:26 AM

-Bebop

1. Ooookay, what is this? Turned 2 months 4 days ago on January 9? It's FEBRUARY 14! Or are you actually correcting editfmah, who is the co-lead dev, and apparently isn't aware of his own nascent project's release? My heavens. The shenanigans are apparent right from this thread.
2. If you don't allow any kind of funding, even donations from the community, how in all the bitcoin blazes will you ever get any exchange listing fees paid? Will you just expect Bittrex and Binance to list turtle of their own good spirit?
3. There's some drama around the cryptonite "hack" that involved admin betrayal. As stated aforementioned, I shant go into the details. But to my understanding, none of the other "cryptonite coins" shared your urgency. In fact, they simply ignored your requests for contact. Retrospectively, seems iffy that they were affected in the slightest. Sounds likely twas a turtlecoin problem that emergency PR tried to desensitize by making it a "cryptonite coin" problem. Fumble coding? And now you're trying to lump your emergency updates about balances not showing up as just part of a "routine update." You needed these two exchanges to update their turtlecoin software at least twice this week and that doesn't include the cryptonite debacle. We can read between the lines.
4. With a neutral viewpoint, we can't say whether these two exchanges are under your control. But, then again, you two are anonymous devs, who knows what control you have in the first place. Was TradeSatoshi even an exchange that the consensus voted on? Or did the lead devs simply abruptly shove a btc into tradesatoshi to get it listed without any sort of community feedback? Surely the decentralized exchanges you're working on being added are cheaper than TradeSatoshi, if not free. I'm not certain why you would single out tradesatoshi as the exchange of choice. Surely alternative, better known exchanges could've been chosen with that same listing fee.

But thanks for your clarification. Only begs more inquiries.

1 > What?  Sorry not lead dev or co lead dev or anything of the sort.  Didn't even start mining until mid January when I created my first wallet.  Mainly because i'm a mac user, and I couldn't get the stack to compile in the early days, and I had other stuff on.  Sure I was looking into a different type of coin with RockSteady before this one, but sadly (and it is a regret), I wasn't in as early as maybe I could have been.

3 > Yes the other coins don't care that you can shut down daemons remotely or make calls to transfer coins from wallets just openly and without any kind of security if you expose your rpc service to the internet, or pick up malware that will do the same.  Sure, the answer is lock it down yourself, but some devs felt it was  a security hole.  Having researched what happened, someone on the discord gave their friend admin privileges, and they thought they would make a big splash announcement, then buy up the coins.  It was hardly subversion of the highest kind. 

I think an important note here, is that if you don't understand that this coin is a fork, and that mean sharing code with ByteCoin, and you don't understand how that (for 99.8% of the codebase) means the same faults, then you probably should not cast aspersions that this is a TurtleCoin fault.

Seriously, if you don't know anything about the problem, where it was, what it affected, how it was fixed? Then why would you post that sentence here, it pretty much tells us (and everyone reading this) what we need to know about your motivations.  I try to remain civil, but this has become like arguing with a flat earther from the standpoint of total ignorance and ill-education.

As far as i'm aware, only one update was communicated to the exchanges, as they were already on the other "change of diff" codebase already, that was for other people running old 2.x.x software.

4 > There is nothing neutral about your viewpoint, your post is full on huge inaccuracies and stuff we read on the Discord channel that is anything but fact.  I am hardly anonymous, any kind fo search of my username and you can find out who I am and where I live without any problem.

Trade satoshi was the one mentioned on Discord the most, at the time.  In hindsight, maybe another one might have been better, maybe none at all, what is done is done.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: